peter jok to date stats

I'm still curious if Jok has regained his "quickness" due to the knee problem.

Any medical researchers, doctors or trainers on this site?

Can someone this young like Peter Jok, after such a knee injury, get full motion, quickness and speed? Does sometimes it take 2 to 3 years, ie another year or 2?

Anyone with real scientific/medical knowledge?

the only dudes i've worked with that had a tear like that were 30 and 55. pretty rare to have an injury like that so young. not a lot to go on to know how he'll turn out.

Jok should become a starter as a soph (imo). Gesell will move to primary pg and back up 2 guard with clemmons being the 6th man. I feel this will give us a lot more ability as clemmons can play a role like basabe right now with energy and offense and defense off the bench. Yes jok can play the 3 some and uthoff the 4 some. But the biggest thing is gesell has a lower ceilling as a 2 than as a 1. Right now it serves him and the team with him at the 2 but later when the teams is more rounded out that isn't the case.

1) gesell
2) jok
3) uthoff
4) white
5) woodbury (I believe his jr yr will be his last at iowa)

6th man - clemmons

Bench - meyer, ingram, ogelsby, and the freshmen (hopefully didn't miss anyone).

1) gesell
2) jok
3) uthoff
4) white

6th man - clemmons

Bench - meyer, ingram, ogelsby, and the freshmen (hopefully didn't miss anyone).

Olaseni. I think he will provide really solid minutes off the bench as a senior.

Jok should become a starter as a soph (imo). Gesell will move to primary pg and back up 2 guard with clemmons being the 6th man. I feel this will give us a lot more ability as clemmons can play a role like basabe right now with energy and offense and defense off the bench. Yes jok can play the 3 some and uthoff the 4 some. But the biggest thing is gesell has a lower ceilling as a 2 than as a 1. Right now it serves him and the team with him at the 2 but later when the teams is more rounded out that isn't the case.

1) gesell
2) jok
3) uthoff
4) white

6th man - clemmons

I don't agree with that, he impresses me in every facet of his game, except 3-pt shooting and actually I think he is much better defensively at the 2-spot.

Also, I really think Clemmons is a better PG than Gesell at this point in their careers and think he has a chance to be just plain great, but I really think Gesell is going to be great as well. The jury is still out on Jok and next season will be telling.

I just think it is going to have to be a special player to take one of them out of the lineup. Watching Gesell play live at Michigan and then more closely after that game, he is tough and is really smart, plus I didn't give his athleticism enough credit. If Jok becomes that guy, then Iowa is better for it, I think it will be very difficult for Fran to decide who to bench if that is the case.

To win in college basketball, teams have to have great guards and I think Iowa has two special ones that become Iowa's better, if not best players next season. The more they play together and the chemistry they are building is something that can't be ignored either.

You did forget Gabe...

My thoughts come from the belief you need a true threat coming off the bench and that guy needs to be a leader. And I think clemmons would play that role. But I believe that at the end of games we would go small and play a lineup more like we are playing now at the end. As I don't think woody will ever be a game finisher because of his free throw shooting.

A 9-10 man rotation would be very good and allow any freshmen to develop in mop up time.

Start of game:
1) gesell - clemmons (6th man)
2) jok - gesell and ingram and ogelsby
3) uthoff - jok and ogelsby
4) white - uthoff and meyer
5) woodbury - olaseni and meyer and white

End of game (when it really matters)
1) clemmons
2) gesell
3) jok
4) uthoff
5) white

Though this lineup gives up some height and strength it is similar to what we have at the end of games now and that lineup seems to workout ok.

Based on what we've seen, I'd take Clemmons at the point over Gesell. Gesell is more of that combo guard, where Clemmons is a bonafide point guard and has a ton of potential there. Iowa hasn't had the kind of dynamic point guard that Clemmons could be for a long time.

Based on what we've seen, I'd take Clemmons at the point over Gesell. Gesell is more of that combo guard, where Clemmons is a bonafide point guard and has a ton of potential there. Iowa hasn't had the kind of dynamic point guard that Clemmons could be for a long time.

I have been trying to say this. Both players are going to be very, very good.

as much as i love Gesell, Clemmons is the better true PG right now. but they both have a really nice upside.

Ya I think Clemmons is going to be the better true point guard in the end. He plays solid defense, doesn't turn it over, and is a pass first type player. I just wish he'd pull the trigger on taking it to the basket more often. That said, Gesell will be awesome to, the kid can shoot!

as much as i love Gesell, Clemmons is the better true PG right now. but they both have a really nice upside.

I don't disagree with this. I really enjoy and prefer clemmons pg style. But when I look at how the pieces may fit together down the road I just feel like he will give a similar spark as basabe off the bench and jok will give us something that we are missing in the starting lineup right now. I am not sure you can go wrong either way. But how many people thought basabe would be the 6th man his jr yr after his frosh yr? I know I didn't but with the shift in talent he has found a niche. I feel like the same could happen to clemmons. And I think he would actually fill that niche better and play more minutes than basabe does in that position. Either way I think jok's soph yr is going to be fran's make or break yr. He will have a good team next yr but the following yr when woody is a jr we have to make a deep run.

I don't disagree with this. I really enjoy and prefer clemmons pg style. But when I look at how the pieces may fit together down the road I just feel like he will give a similar spark as basabe off the bench and jok will give us something that we are missing in the starting lineup right now. I am not sure you can go wrong either way. But how many people thought basabe would be the 6th man his jr yr after his frosh yr? I know I didn't but with the shift in talent he has found a niche. I feel like the same could happen to clemmons. And I think he would actually fill that niche better and play more minutes than basabe does in that position. Either way I think jok's soph yr is going to be fran's make or break yr. He will have a good team next yr but the following yr when woody is a jr we have to make a deep run.

Or else what? If Fran gets us back to making the NCAA tournament more often than not, he's not going to be fired for not going to the elite eight. Hell, Davis only got past the second round once in his last decade here.

Or else what? If Fran gets us back to making the NCAA tournament more often than not, he's not going to be fired for not going to the elite eight. Hell, Davis only got past the second round once in his last decade here.

And firing him set the program back a long ways. No way will Iowa do that again (even if it were warranted).

I never said there was an or else. I believe that if he doesn't take that team on a deep run then we will probably be a ncca tourney team that wins 1 tourney game a yr while he is here and he won't really do much more than that. But if he can take that team deep we can probably secure better recruits and possibly become a consistent top 25 team.

I don't think fran gets fired if he doesn't go on a deep run but I think it might tell us where his ceiling is.

If he isn't redshirted, Jok will come off the bench his freshman year. Much less pressure by not starting plus instant offense coming in!

I never said there was an or else. I believe that if he doesn't take that team on a deep run then we will probably be a ncca tourney team that wins 1 tourney game a yr while he is here and he won't really do much more than that. But if he can take that team deep we can probably secure better recruits and possibly become a consistent top 25 team.

I don't think fran gets fired if he doesn't go on a deep run but I think it might tell us where his ceiling is.

This kind of thinking gets coaches fired actually, it is funny how some people casually believe it is easy to make a tourney run. If anything, it is more difficult today than ever with the requirement of all the kids to attend college for a year, plus with the way the mid-major teams are just plain good today.

I think Michigan is a Final Four team, but they could easily lose every game after the first round just as easy as winning them, especially if they become a No. 1 seed. Any other seed and they could lose any game including that first round game.

His "ceiling" what a joke.

If he isn't redshirted, Jok will come off the bench his freshman year. Much less pressure by not starting plus instant offense coming in!

Agree with this wholeheartedly, and it wouldn't surprise me if Jok does get redshirted his freshman year, get some training from a professional staff all year around and just make himself a better player.

The role I would like to see him play is like Vinne Johnson with the Pistons when they were really good. Their starters didn't always score a ton of points, but guys like Johnson off the bench game them that scoring punch if they needed it early in a game, or just when they wanted to try and extend a lead.