peter jok to date stats

Hopefully he will be more than just a shooter as Iowa needs athletes. Michigan showed today what athletism is all about. Iowa desperately needs a big bruiser under the basket.

woody will get there. i'm not worried about that part. i am worried that JO, "the worlds greatest 3pt shooter" will never show up in more than 1 in 4 games.

Next year Iowa will have three athletic guys coming in, and at least two of them are suppose to be pretty good shooters.

I like the ink Jok is getting from the T-Wolves Shootout.....

Game 3: #3AAAA Roseville vs West Des Moines Valley (IA)
Mack Johnson out of the Roseville lineup with a bum ankle. That's a big loss. Iowa commit Peter Jok off to a quick start for Valley with 14 points in the 1st 7:16. Roseville has lots of pieces but they don't really have a good piece to defend an athletic high caliber wing like Jok. Jok picks up his 2nd foul with 10:30 left and has to sit with Valley leading 22-11. Jordan Burich very active and effective for Roseville in the half. His putback starts a 7-0 run after Jok sits. Burich inside for 2 free throws after Jok returns late in the half. Jok with a putback before he sits for the last minute to avoid the 3rd foul. 30-26 Valley at the half. Jok 16 points and only played 9 minutes. Burich almost a double double in the half with 9 points, 9 boards and 3 blocks thanks to 7-10 FTs.

Logan Brown 4 quick points to tie the game in the 1st 40 seconds of the half. Jok off an inbounds lob and a dunk for a 42-38 Valley lead with 11:32 left. Roseville staying close with Burich in the post at the 9 minute mark to cut the Valley lead to 44-41. Jok with a 3 point play off a turnover and the lead expands to 55-46 with 5:43 left. Brown with back to back 3s and a Burich free throw with 3:53 left. 55-53 Valley holding on. Then head coach and former Iowa star Jeff Horner decides to face guard Brown. That strategy is huge as Valley finishes the game from there on a 14-0 run to win 69-53. Peter Jok 34 and 8 on 13-20 shooting for Valley. Logan Brown 20 and 5 for Roseville. Jordan Burich ends up with Andrei Kirilenko type numbers of 15 points, 14 boards, 4 steals, 5 blocks. 9-16 at the line held his point total down but 8 offensive boards were big. Valley 1-13 from 3 in a recurring theme of the day. Roseville 6-16 from 3 but only 15-52 overall (28.8%) as the loss of Johnson really stunted their offense.

25 pts, 5 rbs vs. Ottumwa in a 77-48 win.

Ottumwa boys can

Has anyone seen Jok play live this year? His mix tapes are 99% of him shooting three point shots. Is the guy quick? Can he put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop at will? Is he basically a tall perimter shooter at the Big 10 level who can't create for himself in the half court?

I would love to see him match up against Jeremy Morgan or Deondre Alexander for Iowa City West. I would be interested in seeing him play the best defensive HS team in the state who is Iowa City West hands down.

Has anyone seen Jok play live this year? His mix tapes are 99% of him shooting three point shots. Is the guy quick? Can he put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop at will? Is he basically a tall perimter shooter at the Big 10 level who can't create for himself in the half court?

I would love to see him match up against Jeremy Morgan or Deondre Alexander for Iowa City West. I would be interested in seeing him play the best defensive HS team in the state who is Iowa City West hands down.

The thread you just posted in has some answers for you...

The thread you just posted in has some answers for you...

Kind of.... I was hoping to hear from a basketball savy person with a scouts eye.

I can clearly see the kid has a nice release, clean shot, and his 6'6 height makes him that much more hard to guard with his jump shot. You can tell he is really skilled the way he can finish around the rim with his right and left hand.

I know he is coming off knee injuries and I was wondering if he is starting to look more explosive jumping wise. To mee he feels like a poor mans Tim Hardaway JR as he is not close to Hardaway in terms of being an explosive athlete.

I think he is going to be a very solid player. I think Fran is doing a great job of assembling a lot of long, fairly athletic and skilled players. I just don't feel Iowa has that difference maker yet. I was hoping Jok would gain his explosiveness and possibly be a difference maker.

It feels like Iowa has the parts but is just missing that stud.

I watched him play once and it was during what was probably his worst game of the year. He didn't even touch the ball half the time down the floor and most of the times he did he passed it right away. Judging by the points he has been putting up I assume he normally isn't like that. I figured it was just because I was there hoping to see him play good.

The thing I noticed is he mis dribbles a lot. Usually not enough to turn it over but he definitely doesn't have that great of handles. He didn't shoot enough in the game to really see much other then he looks very smooth. I did watch him shooting before the game and he missed only 2 threes out of about 15. He also did a drill where he did 5 foot jump shots from the baseline from both sides jumping really high on his shot. He probably did 4 or 5 from each side and every one of them hit nothing but the bottom of the net. He will probably be the best shooter on the team next year but unless he improves his dribbling quite a bit he won't be really effective with driving the lane next year. That is unless he's so explosive that he only needs one quick dribble to get to the hoop.

His release is going to have to quicken significantly. That works in HS but it could be a problem in college. We will see what happens. Changing your shot can mess things up. Look at Ogelsby, his new form & attempt to release the ball quicker, has ruined his shot.

Maybe he's doing it out of fear of being blocked, but JO's habit of falling away on his shots is what's causing him to come up short most of the time. I can't explain those shots that miss the basket entirely. Hard to believe that a guy who's reputation is built on his ability to shoot the ball can miss so badly at times, but I hope whatever it is, he gets it corrected.

His release is going to have to quicken significantly. That works in HS but it could be a problem in college. We will see what happens. Changing your shot can mess things up. Look at Ogelsby, his new form & attempt to release the ball quicker, has ruined his shot.

Maybe he's doing it out of fear of being blocked, but JO's habit of falling away on his shots is what's causing him to come up short most of the time. I can't explain those shots that miss the basket entirely. Hard to believe that a guy who's reputation is built on his ability to shoot the ball can miss so badly at times, but I hope whatever it is, he gets it corrected.

Soooo... you guys didn't watch the NW game? 4 for 9 from 3-land ain't too shabby. Maybe he's found his stroke again? I really hope so at least!

That was good to see JO finding his shoot for once. I think we could really use JO & Basabe finding their rhythm down the stretch. That could get us an extra win or two.

Currently 65 of 69 from the FT line for 94.2%! The kid is a shooter so lets hope it translates to college ball.

He shows a lot with the knee, but not that last phase yet. Probably best not to push at it until he gets with an NCAA training staff.

Latest posts