PESSIMISTS NEED NOT READ

okeefe4prez

Guys, I got a feeling about this squad. That win over Purdue was convincing and they are peaking at the right time. I think we will get jobbed by the officials at Indiana, but aside from that, I don't see this squad losing again until maybe really late March. We will sweep through the BTT (really, who is not beatable in the conference right now on a neutral court?) and then I see us not losing again until probably March 28 or 29 in the Sweet 16 round likely to a slightly more athletic Big East team with marginally better guard play than us.

This team is gonna go on a major run right now. I'd guess we won't lose until April, but I have a feeling the NCAA will do everything in its power to stack the tournament against us as much as possible. I've seen too much NCAA anti-Iowa bias to expect us to get positioned where we need to be to make a deep run.

GO HAWKS

You Got a FEELING?

Guys, I got a feeling about this squad. That win over Purdue was convincing and they are peaking at the right time. I think we will get jobbed by the officials at Indiana, but aside from that, I don't see this squad losing again until maybe really late March. We will sweep through the BTT (really, who is not beatable in the conference right now on a neutral court?) and then I see us not losing again until probably March 28 or 29 in the Sweet 16 round likely to a slightly more athletic Big East team with marginally better guard play than us.

This team is gonna go on a major run right now. I'd guess we won't lose until April, but I have a feeling the NCAA will do everything in its power to stack the tournament against us as much as possible. I've seen too much NCAA anti-Iowa bias to expect us to get positioned where we need to be to make a deep run.

Just sub girl for squad....
Hooked On a Feeling Blue Swede - YouTube

GO HAWKS

Last edited by a moderator:

GO HAWKS

Agreed.

Huge pessimistic glass 1/2 empty guy here. Even I have to call this thread:

27_weak-sauce.jpg

Last edited:
The first time I read it, I actually stopped reading at "win over Purdue was convincing." I agree that every team is beatable on neutral court, but we will have to do some things we haven't done to this point. We are 4-8 away from home, the wins being Western Kentucky by 8, UNI by 7, Penn St by 2 (and one convincing win over Northwestern). I think we're fully capable of that run, but we'll need to win 3 in a row against teams that are much better than those four aforementioned.

I for one am shocked and pleasantly surprised he didn't pick the Evanston Dorks to sweep the BIG tourney.

Dear Lord, this gets old.

Nobody is gonna bite this time, dude. Why do you expend the energy?

I don't get it either. A few years ago he said some clever things.

Huge pessimistic glass 1/2 full guy here. Even I have to call this thread:

27_weak-sauce.jpg

He's still good at football trolling, his basketball stuff is terrible though.

Well he got one

I for one am shocked and pleasantly surprised he didn't pick the Evanston Dorks to sweep the BIG tourney.

Moar troleing!

You fellas all need to sign up for a little Lindamood-Bell -- perhaps you could get a group discount -- as you clearly have problems with reading comprehension. The thread title clearly states "PESSIMISTS NEED NOT READ". You obviously are pessimists; what part of the title did you not understand?

Now get out!

GO HAWKS!

The first time I read it, I actually stopped reading at "win over Purdue was convincing." I agree that every team is beatable on neutral court, but we will have to do some things we haven't done to this point. We are 4-8 away from home, the wins being Western Kentucky by 8, UNI by 7, Penn St by 2 (and one convincing win over Northwestern). I think we're fully capable of that run, but we'll need to win 3 in a row against teams that are much better than those four aforementioned.

Poor volhawk50 took the bait. There is a sucker born everyday.

Last edited:

GO HAWKS

Id rather be a pessimist than pre-blame a loss on the officials before a game has even happened. You sound like a husker fan.

Latest posts