PESSIMISTS NEED NOT READ

I think we will get jobbed by the officials at Indiana

Hey OK4P - nice call man.

Again, pessimists, this team CAN beat anyone in the conference on a neutral court. I think we are fixin' to get hot and go on a run and it starts against the Illwhini.

Again, pessimists, this team CAN beat anyone in the conference on a neutral court. I think we are fixin' to get hot and go on a run and it starts against the Illwhini.

Which side will you be rooting for that in the game?

Oh, I forgot, you prefer purple over orange...

Except for Wichita State.

I agree. I think Iowa, on a neutral court, has a puncher's chance against anyone. Just look at Iowa's improbable run to the NIT last season; The team got on the back of one hot player who lead the team to results unthinkable weeks prior. With the latent talent on this team, even with the injury to our point guard, it is not inconceivable that Roy Devyn Marble or Aaron White get hot and commandeer this season from complacency.

Iowa is getting better but we don't have the level of talent at Indiana, MSU, OSU and Meatchicken.

We have closed the gap with respect to those schools and I agree we are slightly behind them, but this team has had such an awful run of luck dating back to the final game of Alford's penultimate season that I have a gut feeling that we are due to finally have a decent month. Maybe I'm overly optimistic here, but I just think someone will get hot from downtown and White will go into beast mode. It's not like this is a Lickliter team featuring a Lickliter playing 10 minutes a game at guard - we actually have a pretty dang respectable ball club and one guy getting hot will absolutely change our fortunes. I also think the Hawk fans are going to be loud as heck at the United Center in the tournament, I know I will be. It's really hard to believe that we have go clear back to the 2000-2001 season where we got rolled by Kentucky (out at Hempstead Arena in a game I attended) when we were in the second round of the tourney. Maybe it's just a delusion, but something just tells me this year things are fixin' to change.

We have closed the gap with respect to those schools and I agree we are slightly behind them, but this team has had such an awful run of luck dating back to the final game of Alford's penultimate season that I have a gut feeling that we are due to finally have a decent month. Maybe I'm overly optimistic here, but I just think someone will get hot from downtown and White will go into beast mode. It's not like this is a Lickliter team featuring a Lickliter playing 10 minutes a game at guard - we actually have a pretty dang respectable ball club and one guy getting hot will absolutely change our fortunes. I also think the Hawk fans are going to be loud as heck at the United Center in the tournament, I know I will be. It's really hard to believe that we have go clear back to the 2000-2001 season where we got rolled by Kentucky (out at Hempstead Arena in a game I attended) when we were in the second round of the tourney. Maybe it's just a delusion, but something just tells me this year things are fixin' to change.

I believe this is the first time I have ever seen a person use the word "penultimate" in the proper context.

I believe this is the first time I have ever seen a person use the word "penultimate" in the proper context.

You must converse with or read the writings of a lot of morons, then. Looks like you have recently joined so let me officially welcome you to the board.

You must converse with or read the writings of a lot of morons, then. Looks like you have recently joined so let me officially welcome you to the board.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that, since a varied vocabulary is a small indicator to a person's overall intelligence, however, I think popular usage has delivered many to define that word as "highest" or "maximum".

Also, many thanks for the welcome.

Hey O'Keefe - did you just see Oglesthree get hot from downtown at the end of the game tonight? Your prediction is holding true so far.

Latest posts