Perrault on Miller & Deace

I've never heard of the guy. Couldn't care less what he thinks. Is he too young to remember the Ralph Miller/Lute Olson years?

No offense to my fellow Hawk fans, but why would anyone want to live in Waterloo? Given a choice between Waterloo and Iowa City, I would take a pay cut to work in IA City. The Hawkeyes are a top program, were an elite program, and have every chance to be at the top of the basketball world again.

These things go in cycles. And if there is a self proclaimed expert that is too myopic to realize the potential, they are not worth the effort to turn to the station.

Jon,

Any chance you can post a heads up next time Perrault is supposed to be on your show. Feel free to have Ken Miller on any time. He needs a medal for putting up with this guy.

I listened to the podcast and decided he is worthy of tool of the week. So I cast my vote as well.

I cast my vote as well= and I think in order to make a REAL statement, we NEED to do this EVERY WEEK until Murph and Andy actually make him the "tool of the week". If you would like, I can post weekly reminders to the awesome people here.

Perrault always defends his honor. He does it on his show all the time. I really think he has no life outside of his job. He loves to throw out educated opinions.

You don't have to be educated to do this job. Look at Marty. He is just annoying and ridiculous. That is why is still on the air. That and he has Toyota of Des Moines in his back pocket.

Matt, I do not know you personally. And I listen to your show all the time. Sometimes I agree. Sometimes I disagree.

These fans are right though. You flip flop way too much.

Example: You said Iowa football was not worthy of a BCS game and would get crushed by GT's speed. Then after the win, you made it sound like you believed in the team from the start.

My opinion on the Iowa basketball position is not an educated statement. Because really nobody except the search committee truly knows who they want and truly knows who they have talked to. This kind of information does not get spread around to big-time media wannabes like yourself.

I think Iowa should go big. But we agree that an big may not want to come to Iowa City. I have said that all along. I think you have to reach high but be prepared for the next best mid-major up and comer.

Jon Miller is as close to this program as anyone. And I am sure he didn't even have Todd Lickliter on his radar before he was hired. Not slamming Jon. Just saying it can be impossible to know for sure until the hire is made.

GO HAWKS

Any publicity is good publicity for sportstalkmatt. 8 pages of this thread, and he's enjoying every minute of it.

Keep up the good work, Matt! Any idea how many new listeners you have thanks to threads like these? :)

I honestly listen because I love sports talk radio. I think he has a long way to go before his is big time. But he thinks he is already there. That is the biggest issue.

Now, we should all be prepared for him to throw out his resume. He did that to a caller once on the air. Which goes back to my saying he defends his life to no end.

Any publicity is good publicity for sportstalkmatt. 8 pages of this thread, and he's enjoying every minute of it.

Keep up the good work, Matt! Any idea how many new listeners you have thanks to threads like these? :)

This is true and I am sure he would enjoy the Tool of The Week nomination as well.

He may be getting his rocks off on a whole topic to hating him, but IMO I think kxno AND Matt has lost listeners because of how many people pointed out what a jack@ss this kid really is. I feel bad for Kenny, his time slot and career is going to suffer now because of an arrogant kid who thinks he knows it all, when in fact, as we can see and hear, he knows NOTHING

Shouldn't Matt be spending more of his time bandwagoning on a UNI message board? The same team he now has endless praise for that he blatantly ridiculed at the beginning of the season saying they were overrated and not very good.

Shouldn't Matt be spending more of his time bandwagoning on a UNI message board? The same team he now has endless praise for that he blatantly ridiculed at the beginning of the season saying they were overrated and not very good.

EXACTLY! I also remember him getting all worked up when he insisted that Barnes was signing with Iowa State, LOL, what a f*cking tool!!!!

I wouldn't call 8 pages of a bitchy thread successful for Matt... doubt this is translating to success. I'm still seeking the ignore button for him.

Latest posts