Perrault on Miller & Deace

I also think to prove a point, everyone here who really dislikes this kid and his flip flopping and his opinions, needs to make a point NOT to tune in to the show. Talking only does so much. Again, I feel bad for and nothing against Miller, but we cannot let this kind of show continue- if they want to report FACTS or real inside info or rumblings, I would not oppose that. But Matt's opinions and lack of knowledge is just too much for most of us to handle. Let's really make a statement to Clear Channel and KXNO that we the fans AND consumer of sports radio and their sponsors are going to make a stand. If you really want to hear the show, listen to the podcast later. Starting at 4pm my radio will be going off 1460 for good!

this is hilarious!! if you don't like matt's show, turn off the radio. and calling the guy out on a message board saying that he is a lonely blow hard who should just move away because you disagree with his opinion only shows how small many of you are. So he was critical of Iowa's BAD basketball program?? isn't that what sports talk radio and message boards are for?? He has his opinion, you have yours. Neither is right or wrong. get over it. The truth is very hard to hear sometimes

this is hilarious!! if you don't like matt's show, turn off the radio. and calling the guy out on a message board saying that he is a lonely blow hard who should just move away because you disagree with his opinion only shows how small many of you are. So he was critical of Iowa's BAD basketball program?? isn't that what sports talk radio and message boards are for?? He has his opinion, you have yours. Neither is right or wrong. get over it. The truth is very hard to hear sometimes

Crab- have you not been reading any of these posts? We aren't upset because he says we have a bad basketball program! WTF!? I think EVERY Hawkeye fan can agree on that! You are being just as bad as Matt here, you have no idea what you are talking about

Hmm... I think I'll politely disagree with this stance.

Social media is in place because anyone can talk about anything. Posters are free to call anyone out about any topic they chose- especially someone that has a ESTABLISHED JOB to talk about sports in Iowa just as much as talking about a crappy basketball season/team.

Nobody has to get over it, that's the beauty of it. In a week, this post will most likely never be commented on again and something else will get everyone's panties in a bunch. You can't control social media, and if you think you can... you're grossly mistaken, and sometimes the truth is hard to hear.

In the effort of creating a greater sample, you should consider re-posting this survey in it's own thread! I'd be curious to know what the masses say across the board.

Great idea Plano! I will get a new post started here in a sec. I too am very curious to see what the results will be like.

Ok the poll has been put in a new thread of it's own. The Thread has not shown up yet because it needs to be approved my a mod? It will be under the Basketball part of the forum, since it was basketball related issues that got us to this point

Ok the poll has been put in a new thread of it's own. The Thread has not shown up yet because it needs to be approved my a mod? It will be under the Basketball part of the forum, since it was basketball related issues that got us to this point

This thread has been viewed 7100 times. I don't think we need another 'official poll thread'

Jon I also hope you spoke your mind by voting in the poll- Whether you agree with us or not. All voting is private

Crab- have you not been reading any of these posts? We aren't upset because he says we have a bad basketball program! WTF!? I think EVERY Hawkeye fan can agree on that! You are being just as bad as Matt here, you have no idea what you are talking about

Matt said that the huge name that all hawk fans beleive is coming <pearl, drew,etc> won't even consider it because the grass is far greener where they are at. Regardless of the money Iowa can throw out, it isn't worth the risk for a coach to jump ship from a team that's contending in their own conference to come and atempt to rebuild Iowa. anyone who believes this to be a possibility is either arrogant, ignorant, or really drinking the kool-ade. many on here are berating him for this opinion, what's not to understand?

Matt said that the huge name that all hawk fans beleive is coming <pearl, drew,etc> won't even consider it because the grass is far greener where they are at. Regardless of the money Iowa can throw out, it isn't worth the risk for a coach to jump ship from a team that's contending in their own conference to come and atempt to rebuild Iowa. anyone who believes this to be a possibility is either arrogant, ignorant, or really drinking the kool-ade. many on here are berating him for this opinion, what's not to understand?

Crabs- Only a SMALL portion of what matt said is posted here. If you did not tune in or listen to the podcast(s) while he was giving his opinion what the best hire for Iowa would be, you would understand this more. Listen man, opinions are like @ssholes, we all know that- but hiring guys like Bobby Knight amongst other names that even though may be good hires for other places, they are not good fits for Iowa (coaching style, where they are from and the rivalries, etc.) Matt exposes himself every day to criticism, that goes along with the job/career he chose. If he or anyone else in the business doesn't like it or can't take it, they can leave the business. We have just as much right to express our opinions too and if the majority come down hard on him, well maybe you should take a closer look at the source in the hot seat rather than being baffled by our responses.

Last edited:
Oh and P.S- Pearl may just be a pipe dream, but he hasn't said "No" yet either. If and when he does, we will move on- hence the topic for other coaches we would like to see at Iowa- those who can do well with the program and are on the same page to what we need

I'm not ready for this thread to be finished yet. I want to see more people vote in this poll. I want people to still email Murph and Andy about the Tool of the Week. If you need to, go re-read the snide and arrogant comments. This public figure is calling each and every one of you out and saying he knows more than us and what's best for the Iowa program, which many of us grew up and followed for all of our lives- We may not have the right answers either, but at least we can make better educated guesses/opinions about OUR team. I'm so dead serious about proving a point here too

Last edited:

Latest posts