Per Woodbury's interview yesterday, sounds like recruiting is wide open (top 5)

Fran needs to just keep pushing,recruiting him hard. It would be great if he was ready to make an early commitment to Iowa,but nothing is easy for Iowa bb in recent years. Hawks need to catch a break and have one of these highly touted Iowa kids remain loyal to Iowa bb. In Paterno's best voice....''Adam,come to IOWA!''.

I dont know much about your depth and recruiting, but I would think starting would be a huge edge. Plus playing in the big10. I really dont see him cracking playtime his freshman year at NC.

I hate to say this, but just given the tone of that interview, I seriously doubt Coach McCaffery is going to be able to reel this kid in. He seems to be starstruck by the higher profile programs.

Who can blame the kid? He's a legit 7' C that has the abilities to play anywhere that he wants. In my book a kid like this will have his pick of schools by the time he needs to sign. IMO Iowa has this year and this year only to show the kid that we are a legit NCAA team. If we continue to flounder then I think we miss out on him.

We have two things going for us right now; we've been in on him from the beginning and we have Fran.

I guess he'd have to go to another school first before Hoiberg will actively recruit him. Maybe off topic a wee bit, but always looking for a cheap shot on the Clones.

I don't consider acknowledging that the Clones are taking talented transfers as a cheap shot. More like a compliment. :)

Any time a kid includes teams that haven't offered in his top 5 doesn't really bode well for the other schools if those teams ultimately do offer.

IMO Iowa has this year and this year only to show the kid that we are a legit NCAA team. If we continue to flounder then I think we miss out on him.

Woodbury will have made his college choice before Iowa even plays a game this year. Early signing period begins in November and Iowa should have their class locked up by then. The way Iowa performs on the court this year will have no bearing on the 2012 recruiting class, barring any unforseen transfers or other issues.

he doesn't seem to convincing on iowa in his top five. i hope we can snag him but he didn't really sound to enthused when mentioning iowa.

Interview has an ominous tone to it. Not too promising to hear Adam say OSU right off the top of his head, followed by Kansas and Roy's school. I can't remember the last time a top State recruit went to OSU. Hopefully his parents and Fran's early interest will win the day. Adam could just be basking in the limelight, and who could blame him. Fran cannot be blamed for losing him if that is how it pans out. It is not over yet, perhaps he is simply blinded by the glitter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg8cDmi7-U8&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Blinded by the Light by Manfred Mann's Earth Band‬‏[/ame]

I know no one is going to agree with me on this, but Fran may want to consider starting to look elsewhere for a big man.

Now I'm by no means saying Fran should pull Woodbury's offer or anything along those lines because there's no reason to. I don't blame Woodbury for being interested in top programs, especially when they're interested in him as well.

I just don't want Fran to waste a lot of time pursuing a kid who won't end up at Iowa.

Woodbury knows Fran wants him at Iowa. If he wants to commit he will. Fran shouldn't have to keep stroking his ego in order to get him to IC.

I know no one is going to agree with me on this, but Fran may want to consider starting to look elsewhere for a big man.

Now I'm by no means saying Fran should pull Woodbury's offer or anything along those lines because there's no reason to. I don't blame Woodbury for being interested in top programs, especially when they're interested in him as well.

I just don't want Fran to waste a lot of time pursuing a kid who won't end up at Iowa.

Woodbury knows Fran wants him at Iowa. If he wants to commit he will. Fran shouldn't have to keep stroking his ego in order to get him to IC.
Makes sense to me, Broderick.

I'll bet he's not putting all of his big man eggs in the Woodbury basket. This isn't Fran's first rodeo.

Gee, do ya think Adam is the only player Fran is looking at? If comes to Iowa great, if not we will have someone that will perform at a high level. I always love how fans focus on one name or one player and think if we don't get him we are hitting rock bottom. We have a big coming in with Meyer. He has shown some flashes of talent. If you don't chase these egomaniacs life is much easier.

I said last year that getting off to a quick start was important for the 2012 class. Well, if Woodbury goes elsewhere, the chickens will have come home to roost for that horrible year last year. If anything, it will leave Iowa with a combo guard who finishes a foot below the rim as the only in-state kid. If we even get him. Seriously nothing more than what Iowa has gotten from in-state for a long time.

With so many scholarships going to be committed in the first three years, it will be hard to win if Fran can't raise the recuiting up above an average of three stars. Woodbury will help if Fran can get him to bite. If not, Fran is going to have to pull some serious rabbits out of the hat. Hopefully, they are not all 25 year old ex-cons.

I said last year that getting off to a quick start was important for the 2012 class. Well, if Woodbury goes elsewhere, the chickens will have come home to roost for that horrible year last year. If anything, it will leave Iowa with a combo guard who finishes a foot below the rim as the only in-state kid. If we even get him. Seriously nothing more than what Iowa has gotten from in-state for a long time.

With so many scholarships going to be committed in the first three years, it will be hard to win if Fran can't raise the recuiting up above an average of three stars. Woodbury will help if Fran can get him to bite. If not, Fran is going to have to pull some serious rabbits out of the hat. Hopefully, they are not all 25 year old ex-cons.

Wow, it did not take long for the negative waves to start flowing again! Woodbury would be a great get for the Hawks but in no way is he as talented as Barnes or Paige. Those guys are program changers, Adam is a project with great potential but still has a long ways to go, it would be great for the Hawks to get a talented kid out of Sioux City but there are a lot of big kids out there with equal talent. I trust in Fran!