Penn State will beat Iowa in Iowa City

It you're looking for a pure example of "transitive property" in sports, you'll rarely find it. Though it does exist.

BUT... there is some validity in looking at comparative scores in a broad sense. And in this case... the fact that Toledo can put up 50 on CMU does say something. Though it's something we already knew...Iowa's offense is predictable and anemic.

Actually the offense had about 440 total yds in that game I believe? It was all the other bonehead stuff against a BAD team that make you sick. They had 100 yds of penalties and obviously some miscues on defense late in the game... not to mention a bad time for a onside kick flub. But, yes Iowa's offense is predictable in the sense that the passing game is not very explosive at the moment. They should have probably put up 50 against CMU. Perhaps we should never play a directional Michigan school is the real lesson here.

Now that I think about it, what's the point of this thread. To tell us Iowa sucks? We know, every knows, for the love of God everyone knows.

Has Penn St. even played anyone with a pulse on Defense yet??? I mean Northwestern has never been the cat's pajamas on defense... and we all know Illinois is terrible. I would LIKE to think we have better defense then them. Plus we will have an electric home crowd... especially if we beat msu. I can only hope.

One big factor to keep in mind. Penn State has not played a road game in front of a giant, obnoxious and rowdy atmosphere and crowd this season. Playing at Virginia and Illinois has not prepared them for what they will encounter at Kinnick. If we can knock of MSU, Kinnick will be especially rowdy next Saturday, and the pure hatred for what a horrible institutional failures is going to come out of the fans. I am not talking about embarrassing, cruel chants either, just the pure adrenaline fans like myself will bring to this game just because of my absolute disgust for what a black eye PSU has put on the conference could make it an environment that these guys just aren't ready to handle.

That being said, if we can't throw the ball, we are going to lose this game and most of the rest of the games on the schedule, at least against anyone with a slight pulse on defense.

No way we lose that game. Night game that's worth at least one defensive score. 27-21 Hawks win.

This board is a collection of reactive, hyper emotional whiners.

No one needs to be reminded that the CMU loss was bad. Everyone knows this.

To those that think PSU is now amazing, I humbly suggest that they beat a bad Illinois team and a Northwestern team that definitely has flaws.

Most of the big ten is fairly even, and not that great. Iowa will be in every game they play the rest of the year. I don't see them winning at MSU, but there's no one on the schedule that they can't beat.

I only wish that Iowa would start to play well on the road, and that VDB can pull it together.

Fire away.

It's ridiculous to think that we will play the exact same as we did against ISU or CMU. As if the whole team will see no improvement or intelligence at their position over the course of the year. The reality, all these guys are learning and improving, they deserve support.

Dude -

So far Central ******* Michigan and The Ames Academy of Anal Agriculture have beaten Iowa at home.

You really put yourself out on a limb there.

We have the worst QB in the conference, with maybe the worst receiver group in the conference. Until we can make teams pay for putting 8-9 in the box, we will not win another game ALL YEAR.

There isn't another Minnesota on our schedule the rest of the year.

Indiana turd...just sayin

To those that think PSU is now amazing, I humbly suggest that they beat a bad Illinois team and a Northwestern team that definitely has flaws.

Most of the big ten is fairly even, and not that great. Iowa will be in every game they play the rest of the year. I don't see them winning at MSU, but there's no one on the schedule that they can't beat.

I only wish that Iowa would start to play well on the road, and that VDB can pull it together.

Fire away.

I think you are spot on and would stand in defense of your statements. Big Ten is a collection of unbelievable mediocrity.

Fire away.

I agree 100%. Some people seem to enjoy saying that "gee I don't think we will win another game this year" or "we will be lucky to be bowl eligible", but the fact is that we beat four of the upcoming teams on our schedule last year (Northwestern, Indiana, Michigan and Purdue). As far as improvement, I think only Nebraska is better than they were last year and we certainly aren't worse than we were last year.

Latest posts