Penn State Emails

Forde and Co were screaming to the high hills about our terrible program, don't hear them screaming for justice now

The fact that their head coach died and that they cleaned house might have something to do with it. Considering these emails came to light about 15 minutes ago lets see how it plays out. As the cover up comes to light there will be plenty of screaming...trust me

The fact that their head coach died and that they cleaned house might have something to do with it. Considering these emails came to light about 15 minutes ago lets see how it plays out. As the cover up comes to light there will be plenty of screaming...trust me

There better be.

Just wait until the season starts. I fully expect ABC/ESPN and maybe even BTN to talk about how PSU has come together to overcome, blah blah. Better have the puke buckets ready.

There is ZERO chance of an NCAA death penalty.

There is a HIGH chance that more people will go to prison

Golfer is right, none of the current coaches or admins were responsible for this and to punish the entire university because of what criminals did who are no longer there doesn't make it any better.

I for one think that kicking them out of the Big 10 would be appropriate , but the whole situation is just plain ole sad.

There is ZERO chance of an NCAA death penalty.

There is a HIGH chance that more people will go to prison

Golfer is right, none of the current coaches or admins were responsible for this and to punish the entire university because of what criminals did who are no longer there doesn't make it any better.

I for one think that kicking them out of the Big 10 would be appropriate , but the whole situation is just plain ole sad.

I totally agree with Mr. The Boss...there has to be some "conduct detrimental to the good of the conference" clause that could send PSU packing...and I hope they use it. Let them go fall into the Big East...if they'd even want them.

People who tried to cover it up need to be punished, but you can't let someone like Sundusky bring down a Big Ten university. Kicking them out of the B1G is ridiculous

There is ZERO chance of an NCAA death penalty.There is a HIGH chance that more people will go to prisonGolfer is right, none of the current coaches or admins were responsible for this and to punish the entire university because of what criminals did who are no longer there doesn't make it any better.I for one think that kicking them out of the Big 10 would be appropriate , but the whole situation is just plain ole sad.
I totally agree with Mr. The Boss...there has to be some "conduct detrimental to the good of the conference" clause that could send PSU packing...and I hope they use it. Let them go fall into the Big East...if they'd even want them.

I agree with you but I doubt PSU gets the death penalty or the boot from the conference... Thats the power of "football tradition"

Newly uncovered emails in the Jerry Sandusky case show that Penn State officials were on the verge of blowing the whistle on him -- but changed their minds after talking to coach Joe Paterno.

The missives, obtained by CNN, seemingly contradict the late Paterno's claim that he alerted higher-ups to a report of Sandusky showering with a boy and had nothing to do with the matter after that.

They could also spell trouble for a trio of university bigwigs: Athletic Director Tom Curley and Senior Vice President Gary Schultz, who have been charged with perjury, and former college president Graham Spanier, who was forced to resign after the scandal broke.

Tom Kline, a lawyer for one of the molestation victims, called the emails "shocking" and told CNN they showed a "concerted, conscious, collaborative effort" to keep Sandusky's crimes a secret from authorities.

The emails were sent in 2001, two weeks after assistant coach Mike McQueary found Sandusky and a boy in a shower - and three years after another shower incident.

They reveal that Penn State administrators planned to alert Sandusky's Second Mile charity and the state Department of Public Welfare, but dropped that idea after consulting with Paterno.

"After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps," Curley wrote to Schultz and Spanier.

The officials even acknowledged in the emails that not raising the red flag about Sandusky's conduct could land them in hot water "down the road."

Read more: Joe Paterno influenced Penn State officials to keep quiet about Jerry Sandusky, emails reveal - NY Daily News

^wow they're toast. Too bad Joe's gone. Pretty obvious now he wasn't oblivious to what was going on.

I don't think the NCAA is going to impose a single sanction.

I do think that the B1G could take action suggesting that while there isn't anything under NCAA guidelines that would cause punishment, that we don't want to be associated with the University in a formal way.

If it was Paterno covering up and it was confined to the football team, than I would say no way, the story sucks, but nothing should be done to the U. The fact that three administrators were so intimately involved says we want nothing to do with this school.

I don't think the NCAA is going to impose a single sanction.

I do think that the B1G could take action suggesting that while there isn't anything under NCAA guidelines that would cause punishment, that we don't want to be associated with the University in a formal way.

If it was Paterno covering up and it was confined to the football team, than I would say no way, the story sucks, but nothing should be done to the U. The fact that three administrators were so intimately involved says we want nothing to do with this school.

It's all about the money though, and Penn St is big money. Delany acts tough about things like the chair incident, but when a school and AD covers up for a pedophile? We'll see, but I doubt he gets tough with the golden goose.

Latest posts