Penn State Emails

It's all about the money though, and Penn St is big money.

Which is why they deserve the death penalty.

Their administrators are why they need the death penalty. Their fans and supporters and former football players who think their **** still doesn't stink are why they need the death penalty.

Which is why they deserve the death penalty.

Their administrators are why they need the death penalty. Their fans and supporters and former football players who think their **** still doesn't stink are why they need the death penalty.

You’re pretty much talking about the entirety of society right here at some point in time, right?!

its amazing how people will back their favorite sports or political figure, even when confronted with cold hard facts of their abuses and failings. if they love JoePa, then he can do no wrong, end of story.

Agreed. There is a good portion of the PSU fanbase that will still want to change the name of Beaver Stadium to Paterno Stadium and put his name back on the B1G championship trophy and that group of fans will probably never change their minds.

the NCAA brought the death penalty to Baylor B-ball for a criminal cause though. That had nothing to do with "athletic advancement" or "unfair advantage". Not saying that they should get punished like that, but it does establish a precedent.

Baylor's penalties were brought on by players receiving illegal benefits and other recruiting violations. Not for any criminal cause. No precedent.

When I first started reading about the Penn State situation on the Sunday after the news broke last fall, one of the most shocking stories described how the president and AD showed up at Paterno's house a few years back and tried to talk him into retiring. Paterno's response? He chased them out of his house. And that was that. Total and absolute power.

After reading that, I looked at my wife and said Paterno will never coach another game. He may also never set foot in Beaver Stadium again. And I figured there was a chance charges may eventually be brought against him.

Reading the account of Paterno kicking his "bosses" out of his house convinced me that the truth didn't come out about Sandusky because Paterno didn't want it to come out. And that at some point stories would surface of Paterno telling others how to proceed.

History is made by those willing to rise up against more powerful people. There is no question Paterno had all the power. The AD, the president, McQuery, likely some of the assistant coaches...all had opportunities over the years to take on the dictator, and all decided to pass.

You’re pretty much talking about the entirety of society right here at some point in time, right?!

This isn't society as a whole we're talking about, but the insular society that is Penn State and Happy Valley.

And based on some of the accounts, Paterno helped keep it this way. Now you can see why.

Latest posts