Paul Finebaum Absolutely Torches Scott Frost

Frost had a decent NFL career and has started to make some coin as a coach the last three years. The internet estimates his net worth at 12 million. Give half that to his ex. He is left with 6. Nebbie is going to fire him with cause for both the NCAA thing and I suspect there is a moral terpitude provision in his contract. He will counter that Moos told him he could do it, and he is prepared to air dirty laundry. They will settle and pay him less than half. Let's say 7 mill. A third goes to Uncle Sam, and half the remainder goes to his ex.

Child support for one kid, even with a rich dad, isn't that much. Its not nothing, but what, maybe a 100k a year?

Meaning, even if Frost never works a day in his life again, he will probably be sitting on 8 million cash in the bank. Is there any one of us who could not comfortably retire at age 47 with that kind of dough?

Yes, he has fucked up his life. But, he will have the resources to live just about any other life he chooses, and there are a lot of great ways to live and thrive outside of football. And, I am confident there are a number of lower tier schools that will hire him for 750k a year, if he really wants to stay in football. He won't be a tv guy because his personality is repugnant.

No tears for that sort of millionaire from me.

This is a cheesy connection so take it for what it's worth, but one of my co-workers is a huge husker fan and his son is a student intern/volunteer/employee (not sure what you call it) with the athletic department down there.

He says it's pretty well known that he knocked up a beer cart girl from one of the golf courses and his wife has left town. And you're correct about the wedding ring thing according to him. Said he quit wearing it last season during the covid season.

What a fuckin downfall for the guy.

He went from king of the world at UCF being a natty QB and head coach of a "championship" team, to all of a sudden the laughing stock of the US sports world. Even his own fans can't stand the guy, now he's going to lose his wife and kids, get fired in the next couple years, and no way is he going to ever get a big job again.

And before anyone says, "Yeah, but he's rich..." That may be, but his wife is gonna get half of everything, and spousal support, and child support which ain't gonna be a small amount. And then he's gonna have child support to the beer cart chick. Is he going to be in the poor house? No way. But is losing family and half your stash (and then some) worth it just to bang a 19 year old?

It's almost like we're watching a Motley Crue Behind the Music being live-streamed. Had the world by the ass and now he's the equivalent to being spun out on coke in an hourly motel trying to find the hooker that just stole his wallet.
Holy crap I hadn't heard about any of that behind the curtain drama... There's something to be said for guys like KF. It's crazy to think about having to worry about that kinda crap. To say he's been distracted by that would be an understatement. Who wouldn't?

Could you imagine the mess it'd be if KF pulled that? How'd that affect Brian if he took moms side of it all? I mean that'd be some crazy bad drama. Count our lucky stars we don't have to mess with anything of that sort

This is a great thread. Fryowa and others nailed it.

There is some Iowa precedent here, although a long time ago. Evashevski was the Devaney and Osborne of Iowa football. We were at the pinnacle of college football, with a national championship in 1958 and a piece in 1960.

And then 19 consecutive non-winning seasons, starting in 1961. Hard to fathom.

It didn't change until a very experienced, savvy, "diamond in the rough" named Hayden Fry took over.

Nebraska thinks they are unique, but they are a state very similar to Iowa. It is harder to win there right now, in a very tough conference. They need to find that special young coach (like Matt Campbell) who really can coach and recruit. They won't get Campbell, but there must be some others like Campbell out there. It won't be easy and I'm not rooting for them. That huge buyout is gonna make it nasty and tough to get rid of Frosty.

Lot's of rumors in Lincoln about some mistakes Frost has made in his personal life. I'll leave it there. I don't think his heart is in it anymore. We will see.

Frost had a decent NFL career and has started to make some coin as a coach the last three years. The internet estimates his net worth at 12 million. Give half that to his ex. He is left with 6. Nebbie is going to fire him with cause for both the NCAA thing and I suspect there is a moral terpitude provision in his contract. He will counter that Moos told him he could do it, and he is prepared to air dirty laundry. They will settle and pay him less than half. Let's say 7 mill. A third goes to Uncle Sam, and half the remainder goes to his ex.

Child support for one kid, even with a rich dad, isn't that much. Its not nothing, but what, maybe a 100k a year?

Meaning, even if Frost never works a day in his life again, he will probably be sitting on 8 million cash in the bank. Is there any one of us who could not comfortably retire at age 47 with that kind of dough?

Yes, he has fucked up his life. But, he will have the resources to live just about any other life he chooses, and there are a lot of great ways to live and thrive outside of football. And, I am confident there are a number of lower tier schools that will hire him for 750k a year, if he really wants to stay in football. He won't be a tv guy because his personality is repugnant.

No tears for that sort of millionaire from me.
There's a difference between what one has made and what they have... We have no idea what he's got. I'm sure he's bought a nice house or 2 or 3... He's probably got multiple vehicles and toys and whatever investments he may have some tied up in. It's just hard telling how a guy like that spends his money. He may have a pile of it or he could have much of it tied up or largely spent. One would think it's tough to spend it all living the Lincoln NE lifestyle but ya never know. If you want to spend it it's not that tough to do

This is a great thread. Fryowa and others nailed it.

There is some Iowa precedent here, although a long time ago. Evashevski was the Devaney and Osborne of Iowa football. We were at the pinnacle of college football, with a national championship in 1958 and a piece in 1960.

And then 19 consecutive non-winning seasons, starting in 1961. Hard to fathom.

It didn't change until a very experienced, savvy, "diamond in the rough" named Hayden Fry took over.

Nebraska thinks they are unique, but they are a state very similar to Iowa. It is harder to win there right now, in a very tough conference. They need to find that special young coach (like Matt Campbell) who really can coach and recruit. They won't get Campbell, but there must be some others like Campbell out there. It won't be easy and I'm not rooting for them. That huge buyout is gonna make it nasty and tough to get rid of Frosty.

Lot's of rumors in Lincoln about some mistakes Frost has made in his personal life. I'll leave it there. I don't think his heart is in it anymore. We will see.

The biggest problem Nebraska has (or has had, as I think reality may be setting in) is a lack of self-awareness with regard to much of the above. They had a great run under Osborne (who knows how he did it) but it's a different landscape today.

Only when fans/alums/boosters are told to back off and let the AD and coach run things will they be able to rebuild. I think Trev Alberts was a good hire and he's the kind of AD that can shift that landscape as needed. He really "gets" the bigger picture in college football and he's a no nonsense guy.

We'll see.

As for Frost...there's plenty of fire behind the smoke (rumors). People in and around Lincoln are aware of the family dynamic and the pregnant bartender/golf course beer gal. I had a conversation with a client of mine yesterday who's a Husker fan with a biz in Lincoln. He sighed and said "yeah, what you're hearing is true. It's no secret here".

Hopefully Frosty has saved some of his money (like Hawkfnntn said you can only spend so much in Lincoln, NE) but his soon-to-be-ex is going to get plenty of that along with his kids. Then there's support for the newest Frost progeny. That bank account is going to drain pretty rapidly.

I can't imagine an employer hiring a guy with this much "self-induced" baggage. He's a f*** up on so many levels. Maybe one of his buddies from one of the 1900s team with a real estate biz will bring him on.

Last edited:
He's got two kids with his wife and if he ends up with the beer cart chick's kid that makes 3.

And if you don't think he's gonna be paying spousal support for a long time you're nuts

Bigger disappointment:

Frost or Harbaugh?

I think both schools were pretty convinced they had bought a one way ticket back to glory.

The biggest problem Nebraska has (or has had, as I think reality may be setting in) is a lack of self-awareness with regard to much of the above. They had a great run under Osborne (who knows how he did it) but it's a different landscape today.

Only when fans/alums/boosters are told to back off and let the AD and coach run things will they be able to rebuild. I think Trev Alberts was a good hire and he's the kind of AD that can shift that landscape as needed. He really "gets" the bigger picture in college football and he's a no nonsense guy.

We'll see.

As for Frost...there's plenty of fire behind the smoke (rumors). People in and around Lincoln are aware of the family dynamic and the pregnant bartender/golf course beer gal. I had a conversation with a client of mine yesterday who's a Husker fan with a biz in Lincoln. He sighed and said "yeah, what you're hearing is true. It's no secret here".

Hopefully Frosty has saved some of his money (like Hawkfnntn said you can only spend so much in Lincoln, NE) but his soon-to-be-ex is going to get plenty of that along with his kids. Then there's support for the newest Frost progeny. That bank account is going to drain pretty rapidly.

I can't imagine an employer hiring a guy with this much "self-induced" baggage. He's a f*** up on so many levels. Maybe one of his buddies from one of the 1900s team with a real estate biz will bring him on.
Ahhh, the pregnant girlfriend. The only hole Frost has been able to plug........

He's got two kids with his wife and if he ends up with the beer cart chick's kid that makes 3.

And if you don't think he's gonna be paying spousal support for a long time you're nuts

It looks like Nebraska is a no fault state. Dude is lucky. Cackalack has a fault based regime and if you get caught fucking around, they'll take like 3/4ths of your property. Maybe more. My wife's friend is dating some dude who is married to a doctor (they are separated because you have to be separated for a year to even file for divorce in SC) and the dude's wife hired a PI. Had a bunch of pictures of him with my wife's friend and he's getting 0 even though his wife is a super rich doctor. Dude was at our house on July 4 and said "I had to buy my car from my wife and they let me take my clothes."

If Nebraska law is similar to Iowa law then his child support is based on his salary. I doubt 100k will touch his payment.

Bigger disappointment:

Frost or Harbaugh?

I think both schools were pretty convinced they had bought a one way ticket back to glory.
Oh man... Perspective is a bitch with this. If you're putting me in their fans shoes I'd say Frost is the bigger one. The expectations aren't as high (but they want them to be) as Michigan yet they are a laughing stock now with little to no hope based on reality.

Michigan is still pretty good. They recruit well they just have the impossible task of trying to do better then and beat OSU. Now they have fans no less delusional as Nebraskas with the expectations of winning the BIG and going to the playoffs. Which probably has Harbaughs days numbered as well since they just aren't going to get there...

There's a difference between what one has made and what they have... We have no idea what he's got. I'm sure he's bought a nice house or 2 or 3... He's probably got multiple vehicles and toys and whatever investments he may have some tied up in. It's just hard telling how a guy like that spends his money. He may have a pile of it or he could have much of it tied up or largely spent. One would think it's tough to spend it all living the Lincoln NE lifestyle but ya never know. If you want to spend it it's not that tough to do
This is spot on. I have no idea what Frost actually has, but with that type of money generally comes a lifestyle that most of us can't fathom. While he may have a payout coming his way once he gets shit canned I have a feeling that his lifestyle is about to take a major hit (even after his wife gets what's coming her way) and he won't have anywhere near the resources that we think he does. We see this type of thing at the professional level all the time, and nothing I've seen from him makes me think he's any different than anyone else who lost it all.

Oh man... Perspective is a bitch with this. If you're putting me in their fans shoes I'd say Frost is the bigger one. The expectations aren't as high (but they want them to be) as Michigan yet they are a laughing stock now with little to no hope based on reality.

Michigan is still pretty good. They recruit well they just have the impossible task of trying to do better then and beat OSU. Now they have fans no less delusional as Nebraskas with the expectations of winning the BIG and going to the playoffs. Which probably has Harbaughs days numbered as well since they just aren't going to get there...
Michigan is still at Bo Pelini level in comparison to nebraska.

nebraska is at Scott Frost level.

That’s how I’d explain the situation.

Any idea what's going to happen in Lincoln next? I have no idea, but fucking love it. Stay tuned as the dumpster fire continues to feed itself.

This is spot on. I have no idea what Frost actually has, but with that type of money generally comes a lifestyle that most of us can't fathom. While he may have a payout coming his way once he gets shit canned I have a feeling that his lifestyle is about to take a major hit (even after his wife gets what's coming her way) and he won't have anywhere near the resources that we think he does. We see this type of thing at the professional level all the time, and nothing I've seen from him makes me think he's any different than anyone else who lost it all.
Guys like that can get leached onto from family & friends. He could have 'business loans' out to folks for significant chunks of $ he may never get much back of over time if at all. There's just an unlimited amount of ways guys with money handle it. Some have a tougher time saying no then others when folks you know come with their hands out.

Or he could be extremely frugal and have a pile of it safely invested in mutual funds or suit cases with cash buried in the back yard. It's just hard telling.

Guys like that can get leached onto from family & friends. He could have 'business loans' out to folks for significant chunks of $ he may never get much back of over time if at all. There's just an unlimited amount of ways guys with money handle it. Some have a tougher time saying no then others when folks you know come with their hands out.

Or he could be extremely frugal and have a pile of it safely invested in mutual funds or suit cases with cash buried in the back yard. It's just hard telling.
My thought is just based off his decision making alone in his personal life he's probably not too good with his money either.

Latest posts