Paul Finebaum Absolutely Torches Scott Frost

Everything about what's gone on with NE is music to my ears. I actually think they have talent at some positions. But their coaching on game days and prep for them is embarrassingly bad. He admitted to as much when saying they were unprepared for many of the looks IL gave them.

Well for crying out loud I get that was game 1 for Brett B but what tape were you looking at of his to expect him to be running? Wisconsin from 13 yrs ago? And besides that have your own team ready to go. Pure effort and playing fast can cover up for SOME mistakes. But when you make some of the unforgivable ones they made and just pile em up one after another you're just digging your own grave. That QB Martinez can't make some of the mistakes he did. He just can't he has to be your best player and a leader. He's anything but that.

What's Frosts next job going to be? I can't see him salvaging this season. You can't lose to IL like that and go to OU and look even remotely respectable. So it's a matter of at what point does he lose his gig not if isn't it?
God forbid Scott leave. I love kicking his ass every year. But if he did, hmmm. Plz don't bring that schmuck in as an analyst ;)

I don't think you'll see Frost coaching soon. The epic fail at Nebrasks (a place where he could do no wrong) and more importantly the details about it which will inevitably come out) will be career-killing. Nobody else will want to touch him.

The next year or two will involve an ugly divorce and a new baby if what they're saying on the Nebbie boards is true. If the Husker ADept is able to negotiate away a good piece of his buyout (NCAA investigation and moral turpitude) he may end up in a pretty rough spot supporting 2 families without a high paying gig.

Sarkisian and Kiffin both had ugly divorces from SC. Each guy got the Bama(Saban) "makeover". Would it shock you if he isn't a advisor/consultant to Chip Kelly next year? I wouldn't.

I don't think you'll see Frost coaching soon. The epic fail at Nebrasks (a place where he could do no wrong) and more importantly the details about it which will inevitably come out) will be career-killing. Nobody else will want to touch him.

The next year or two will involve an ugly divorce and a new baby if what they're saying on the Nebbie boards is true. If the Husker ADept is able to negotiate away a good piece of his buyout (NCAA investigation and moral turpitude) he may end up in a pretty rough spot supporting 2 families without a high paying gig.
So that's what the rumor is? I've perused Huskerboard and HuskerMax and both had threads alluding to some kind of off the field issues that was concerning to those in the know and especially big donors. But I didn't dig deep enough to find anyone actually spilling the beans.

Sarkisian and Kiffin both had ugly divorces from SC. Each guy got the Bama(Saban) "makeover". Would it shock you if he isn't a advisor/consultant to Chip Kelly next year? I wouldn't.
Yeah, I could definitely see Frost going to 'bama as an advisor. Then maybe IAA-FCS after that. I still remember what someone posted, maybe here about his time @ UNI. Someone asked him if he'd ever go back to UNL and he reportedly said, "eff Nebraska!" Didn't sound at the time like anyone who wanted to try and live up to two coaching gods in Osborne and Devaney.

Yeah, I could definitely see Frost going to 'bama as an advisor. Then maybe IAA-FCS after that. I still remember what someone posted, maybe here about his time @ UNI. Someone asked him if he'd ever go back to UNL and he reportedly said, "eff Nebraska!" Didn't sound at the time like anyone who wanted to try and live up to two coaching gods in Osborne and Devaney.
I think it is somewhat unlikely Nick would want Frost as an analyst. The main reason behind Nick's analyst program is that he can pay a guy like $40k a year and then the coach can say "I am mitigating my damages from termination by working for Alabama." Then, the school that fired the guy has to pay $3.96 million instead of $4 million. Those guys could all get 3/4ths of a million OC or DC jobs elsewhere, but Nick wants them at Bama just to bone his competition. It's a great strategy. But Nick doesn't see Nebraska as anywhere near a peer school or competition to Bama, so he won't want anything to do with Frost. Maybe OSU could take him since they are in the conference.

So that's what the rumor is? I've perused Huskerboard and HuskerMax and both had threads alluding to some kind of off the field issues that was concerning to those in the know and especially big donors. But I didn't dig deep enough to find anyone actually spilling the beans.
Yep, they're being pretty open about it. Seems like it's more than a rumor. They also pointed out that he wasn't wearing a wedding ring on the sidelines Saturday...something he always has done. They're also openly pointing out other stuff too (see below).

As for his next employment...Sure other guys get divorced...or don't win enough games...or get a DWI and have still gotten picked up for other jobs. But this is not "a mistake". Frost was given the golden ticket to coach at his alma mater and quite literally f***ed everything up. The only thing he didn't do...was get a DWI or public intox. (though I'd suggest that would be nearly impossible for the Nebraska HC in Lincoln)

-He brought in his "buddies" to asst coach who don't seem anymore serious about it than he does. (read the Nebbie boards, they seem to think the assts act like ass hats).
-Cheated on the field
-Cheated on his wife openly and knocked up a bartender in the process
-Failed to put a decent product on the field and his teams look as lost and undisciplined as they were 4 years ago. He has no clue...how to build a program.

What exactly is he qualified to "consult"on? What can he coach? More importantly who would trust his judgement or integrity after what he's done the last 4 years in Lincoln. You'd have to search far and wide to find a bigger, more complete and uglier failure in sports...than Frost.

Last edited:
Yep, they're being pretty open about it. Seems like it's more than a rumor. They also pointed out that he wasn't wearing a wedding ring on the sidelines Saturday...something he always has done. They're also openly pointing out other stuff too (see below).

As for his next employment...Sure other guys get divorced...or don't win enough games...or get a DWI and have still gotten picked up for other jobs. But this is not "a mistake". Frost was given the golden ticket to coach at his alma mater and quite litereally f***ed everything up. The only thing he didn't do...was get a DWI or public intox. (though I'd suggest that would be nearly impossible for the Nebraska HC in Lincoln)

-He brought in his "buddies" to asst coach who don't seem anymore serious about it than he does. (read the Nebbie boards, they seem to think the assts act like ass hats).
-Cheated on the field
-Failed to put a decent product on the field and his teams look as lost and undisciplined as they were 4 years ago. He has no clue...how to build a program.

What exactly is he qualified to "consult"on? What can he coach? More importantly who would trust his judgement or integrity after what he's done the last 4 years in Lincoln. You'd have to search far and wide to find a bigger, more complete and uglier failure in sports...than Frost.
So you're saying he's a shoo-in for Liberty? Repentance and finding Jesus and all that.

Nebraska aspires to be a National Title program. They have to, it’s what their fans think they are. You will not get the creepy obsessive cult of little red if you admitted those days are over.

The problem is the whole program appears to believe it too as they keep swinging for the fences on coaching and recruiting.

I hope they NEVER quit being delusional because then they’ll always suck.

Meanwhile, the Hawks know they are a developmental program and keep tuning 3 stars into All Big Ten players and having good year after good year with a crack at the conference in reach most years.

The only thing he didn't do...was get a DWI or public intox. (though I'd suggest that would be nearly impossible for the Nebraska HC in Lincoln)

I'm pretty sure that for Frost to get a DWI in Lincoln he would have to T-bone a church van in a 4 way stop intersection in a situation where he clearly went through the intersection at a speed in excess of 40 mph. Someone in the van would have to have him on Facebook Live swaying and clearly intoxicated and it would have to be so widely spread that there is no way to cover it up.

As for his next employment...Sure other guys get divorced...or don't win enough games...or get a DWI and have still gotten picked up for other jobs. But this is not "a mistake". Frost was given the golden ticket to coach at his alma mater and quite litereally f***ed everything up. The only thing he didn't do...was get a DWI or public intox. (though I'd suggest that would be nearly impossible for the Nebraska HC in Lincoln)

-Cheated on the field

This is a cheesy connection so take it for what it's worth, but one of my co-workers is a huge husker fan and his son is a student intern/volunteer/employee (not sure what you call it) with the athletic department down there.

He says it's pretty well known that he knocked up a beer cart girl from one of the golf courses and his wife has left town. And you're correct about the wedding ring thing according to him. Said he quit wearing it last season during the covid season.

What a fuckin downfall for the guy.

He went from king of the world at UCF being a natty QB and head coach of a "championship" team, to all of a sudden the laughing stock of the US sports world. Even his own fans can't stand the guy, now he's going to lose his wife and kids, get fired in the next couple years, and no way is he going to ever get a big job again.

And before anyone says, "Yeah, but he's rich..." That may be, but his wife is gonna get half of everything, and spousal support, and child support which ain't gonna be a small amount. And then he's gonna have child support to the beer cart chick. Is he going to be in the poor house? No way. But is losing family and half your stash (and then some) worth it just to bang a 19 year old?

It's almost like we're watching a Motley Crue Behind the Music being live-streamed. Had the world by the ass and now he's the equivalent to being spun out on coke in an hourly motel trying to find the hooker that just stole his wallet.

This is a cheesy connection so take it for what it's worth, but one of my co-workers is a huge husker fan and his son is a student intern/volunteer/employee (not sure what you call it) with the athletic department down there.

He says it's pretty well known that he knocked up a beer cart girl from one of the golf courses and his wife has left town. And you're correct about the wedding ring thing according to him. Said he quit wearing it last season during the covid season.

What a fuckin downfall for the guy.

He went from king of the world at UCF being a natty QB and head coach of a "championship" team, to all of a sudden the laughing stock of the US sports world. Even his own fans can't stand the guy, now he's going to lose his wife and kids, get fired in the next couple years, and no way is he going to ever get a big job again.

And before anyone says, "Yeah, but he's rich..." That may be, but his wife is gonna get half of everything, and spousal support, and child support which ain't gonna be a small amount. And then he's gonna have child support to the beer cart chick. Is he going to be in the poor house? No way. But is losing family and half your stash (and then some) worth it just to bang a 19 year old?

It's almost like we're watching a Motley Crue Behind the Music being live-streamed. Had the world by the ass and now he's the equivalent to being spun out on coke in an hourly motel trying to find the hooker that just stole his wallet.

Yep, and his next gig ain't gonna be anywhere close to $5M/year. He's completely screwed up his life...it's gonna get ugly.

I'm pretty sure that for Frost to get a DWI in Lincoln he would have to T-bone a church van in a 4 way stop intersection in a situation where he clearly went through the intersection at a speed in excess of 40 mph. Someone in the van would have to have him on Facebook Live swaying and clearly intoxicated and it would have to be so widely spread that there is no way to cover it up.
Nah, Tom Osborne would hide the van in his safe to make sure he was preserving evidence.

I thought that was their third game.

0-3 rolling into Oklahoma then.
Nebbie actually moved the game up. They were supposed to have a bye week, but they moved Buffalo up because (according to the rumor mill), they were legitimately concerned that an unknown Illinois team could knock them off on the road, and they did not want to have a losing record after getting thumped by Oklahoma (a game Frost personally tried to lobby to get out of). So, they moved the Buffalo game up with a hefty bribe going to Buffalo to ensure they would have a winning record going into the Okie game and not a losing record coming out. Yep. That happened.

What is Frost’s next gig? You go to coaching rehab….he joins the Alabama coaching staff or you become an consultant/advisor to Belichek the exact same route Beliema took.
He's plenty young enough that's pretty much what he'd have to do. Nobody is giving him another head job. Hell a job as high profile at Bama like that even seems too ambitious. But I get what you mean. Someone would probably give him a place to land but it'll be quite the fall

He's plenty young enough that's pretty much what he'd have to do. Nobody is giving him another head job. Hell a job as high profile at Bama like that even seems too ambitious. But I get what you mean. Someone would probably give him a place to land but it'll be quite the fall
He's gonna have to practice up on changing diapers again first.

God forbid Scott leave. I love kicking his ass every year. But if he did, hmmm. Plz don't bring that schmuck in as an analyst ;)
I don't see him doing TV... Some guys are way more cut out for it then others and he's certainly not... Plus there's a shit ton of competition for those gigs nowadays. It's insane the amount of 'talking heads' there are.

Yep, and his next gig ain't gonna be anywhere close to $5M/year. He's completely screwed up his life...it's gonna get ugly.

I'm not an ESPN fan by any means, but one of the best "documentaries" I have ever seen is the one they did called "Broke." It actually invoked some empathy in me toward guys who played in the '90's before salaries really escalated. These guys were young, dumb and full of ...

I can understand how these guys found the poor house. I cannot understand a dude in his mid 40's destroying his life, though. He's 46 and with the NCAA violation and lack of a successful track record, I don't think this dude will ever find another legit job again. Even a MAC school will say "well, we could hire Frost for 375, but I don't think we should take the institutional risk." When you shut a $5 million revenue spigot off instantly and have a divorce and illegitimate kid situation, shit goes sideways really fast. He was the golden boy, the chosen one. And unless he beats Oklahoma and salvages the season, he is going to be persona non-grata in Nebraska. The rest of the country thinks he's a joke. That Oklahoma game is literally his only hope right now. It is his life raft. If he pulls that one off and makes the Motor City bowl, he bought himself redemption. But if he loses that thing 59-7, I could see him getting shitcanned the next day and his life going into a deep spiral. I really hope he has a strong support system in place. It's not a good spot because he likely has dozens of hanger onners who only like him because of his talent in college and the hope that he was the chosen one as the coach. He's about to find out who his friends are.

I'm not an ESPN fan by any means, but one of the best "documentaries" I have ever seen is the one they did called "Broke." It actually invoked some empathy in me toward guys who played in the '90's before salaries really escalated. These guys were young, dumb and full of ...

I can understand how these guys found the poor house. I cannot understand a dude in his mid 40's destroying his life, though. He's 46 and with the NCAA violation and lack of a successful track record, I don't think this dude will ever find another legit job again. Even a MAC school will say "well, we could hire Frost for 375, but I don't think we should take the institutional risk." When you shut a $5 million revenue spigot off instantly and have a divorce and illegitimate kid situation, shit goes sideways really fast. He was the golden boy, the chosen one. And unless he beats Oklahoma and salvages the season, he is going to be persona non-grata in Nebraska. The rest of the country thinks he's a joke. That Oklahoma game is literally his only hope right now. It is his life raft. If he pulls that one off and makes the Motor City bowl, he bought himself redemption. But if he loses that thing 59-7, I could see him getting shitcanned the next day and his life going into a deep spiral. I really hope he has a strong support system in place. It's not a good spot because he likely has dozens of hanger onners who only like him because of his talent in college and the hope that he was the chosen one as the coach. He's about to find out who his friends are.
Frost thought going home was his destination job right? Frost didn't come home looking to boost his resume so much so that this was it for him. He thought he could be there 25 plus years as young as he is and that'd be that and their were lots of folks that thought the same.

He and everyone on Nebs band wagon didn't even consider the notion that he'd stink as a coach. That he'd try and take short cuts cheat and that the team would be this far gone going into yr 4. So yeah now he's coming to a fork in the road really soon that he never even remotely considered seeing. (since he's not good at scouting IL it's safe to say this is the case too) It'll be interesting to see what becomes of him and that program this yr. Looks all downhill from here

Latest posts