Patrick Mccaffery responds to fans about his dad.

Isn't this more a case of a kid calling out idiots than it is about a kid sticking up for his dad? A tweet meant to stick up for his dad would look different is all I'm saying.

You cannot compare raising a child to a football program. You have a hand in raising the child. You set up expectations. If the child doesnt meet those expectations they get negative consequences. If they do, they get a positive consequence. This teaches them the difference between right and wrong.

Now, if your child goes off the rails, sure you support them, to a point. But you dont keep giving the drug adict money. That is enabling and doesnt help anyone. In fact, that will lead to worse consequences.

Right now, we are feeding the drug addict (FKF) money (Literally), and the results are what you would expect.

Quit enabling.

This is a perverse analogy. Your relation to paying a football coach too much money and having a child with substance abuse addiction is loose and can't be well thought out. Please rethink your stance sir.

If you dont want belittled....your word...then stop doing it. There are about 7 personalities that come on and belittle others that you disagree with. 4 of you whoever you are have the same or almost the same style. Its knee to the throat in youf crusade.. Most of the rest do it in fun or being grumpy like Stanzi last week and move on.

Per child molesting...

What the heck are you talking about?

Gold you crack my ass up. Nobody complains more like a little bitch than you do, all the while belittling and insulting anyone who disagrees with you at the same time.

Stop being such a bitch and complaining about others doing what you do all the time.

Yes I believe the dynamics are similar enough to warrant the analogy.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I don't think both sides of an analogy have to be equivalent do they. For instance, if you said "Duke is the Golden State Warriors of college basketball" the analogy suggests that they are both at the top of their respective levels of competition. It doesn't mean Duke is just as good as Golden State.

Gold you crack my ass up. Nobody complains more like a little bitch than you do, all the while belittling and insulting anyone who disagrees with you at the same time.

Stop being such a bitch and complaining about others doing what you do all the time.
tenor.gif

You, Dean, Prdtor40, and Shock all have the same S MN accent. Litle humor, way to serious....and on two of your personalities, reformed 4 letter word user.

Fry's accent is well Fryish.
You aren’t very bright . There are times when me and prdtor40 don’t get along and get in little spats. What are you ? A priest? I don’t trust a man who doesn’t fucking swear

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I don't think both sides of an analogy have to be equivalent do they. For instance, if you said "Duke is the Golden State Warriors of college basketball" the analogy suggests that they are both at the top of their respective levels of competition. It doesn't mean Duke is just as good as Golden State.

That would be an adaqute analogy with context included. Open ended it could be misconstrued.

I would agree on the premise that a team can be pretty good, but get a bad NCAA draw. Sort of like Mr. Davis's teams getting Duke and Kentucky multiple times in the second round. It's not like they send Duke and Kentucky to the outer reaches for their first weekend, so it's basically a case of, "Results excluded due to possibility of getting a draw that just flat-out sucks even if we have a decent team"

Agreed. Felt like we got Dook(ie) or Kentucky in the 2nd rd every flippin' year! Still remember Dean-O's last game where he almost single-handedly beat Prince and Kentucky. The Duke game where Street shined was great to. But those were teams that could've, and most likely would, advanced beyond the 2nd rd if not for the shitty draw.

You aren’t very bright . There are times when me and prdtor40 don’t get along and get in little spats. What are you ? A priest? I don’t trust a man who doesn’t fucking swear

It's a style that you all have, especially you and Deano. Swear away if it makes you feel better. I'm talking about being a jerk and you are good at that. I pull your string and you guys yelp. I didn't get a Masters Degree by being lazy or stupid. You wouldn't be the first person to argue with yourself.
traffic_cop.jpg

I apologize ahead of time because I can't help but being condescending here.

Go ahead and right down your individual goal of Iowa winning a National Championship in either football or basketball. We can revisit the manifest destiny at the end of each season.

We are outside observers. Our "goals", "wants", and "desires" mean absolutely nothing. They impact nothing. They are not actionable or tangible. So I state again. There is no effect without a cause. There is no result without an action. There has never been appropriate action from the actual party that dictates such action (The University of Iowa). Iowa's action consistently migrates towards maintaining an average while not risking huge pitfalls.

Iowa fans don't accept mediocrity, the University does. As a powerless fan it is futile to be angry when your round peg expectation does not fit the square peg plan. Your outrage unfortunately will never make a difference. Please correct me if I am mistaken and you are a multi million dollar booster.

You brought up the concept of "wanting something doesn't make it happen"....that actions are what matters.

I was responding specifically to that comment. Obviously I know that me wanting something that is completely beyond my measure of control isn't going to work, so I wasn't addressing that.

It's a style that you all have, especially you and Deano. Swear away if it makes you feel better. I'm talking about being a jerk and you are good at that. I pull your string and you guys yelp. I didn't get a Masters Degree by being lazy or stupid. You wouldn't be the first person to argue with yourself.
traffic_cop.jpg
If it makes you feel better I will start implementing words such as shucks or golly when I point out your deficiencies

Getting a degree doesn't make you lazy or not lazy. School is easy as shit, any idiot who put forth any kind of effort at all can get a degree or masters. It doesn't shock me at all that you wanna pat yourself on the back for passing a couple classes, as nobody is more impressed with themselves than you are you arrogant ass.

Getting a degree doesn't make you lazy or not lazy. School is easy as shit, any idiot who put forth any kind of effort at all can get a degree or masters. It doesn't shock me at all that you wanna pat yourself on the back for passing a couple classes, as nobody is more impressed with themselves than you are you arrogant ass.

You are so silly. Quit talking to you.

Most threads turn out this way. Because the site is trolled by dipshits that spout off to others because they think they are being funny and cool to belittle others. It’s Amazing how bad HN has gotten and they do nothing to clean up the site.

Ya gotta let it go HP40. Just ignore'em. Just give your take, engage with the reasonable, and let the rest go.

Latest posts