Patrick Mccaffery responds to fans about his dad.

I'm trying to figure out at what point as a society did we just decide 2 things can't be true (or false) at the same time?

For example, it's beyond assinine for an adult to be sending any sort of text, tweet, PM, etc to any teenager unless it's their own kid. It's also beyond assinine for said teenager to tweet back to the entire world a stupid, snarky response to said tweet when their father is currently an embattled public figure.

Ultimately, my hope is that Fran and Gary come to mutually agreeable terms on a resignation at the end of this year and all parties can move on. Fran has taken this thing as far as he can. I appreciate the hard work he put into digging us out from the crater that Lickliter put us in. But we are staring a 1-17 conference season in the face and no coach of a historically good P5 program should be allowed to continue coaching that team (barring significant injuries that caused it)...regardless of what either of his boys think.

Everything is "zero sum game" now. There is no middle ground. Pragmatism is dead. It's unfortunate.

You know as much about basketball as a garden slug. I wish there was a way to keep you off this site

Adam, all the weirdness that goes on here, and you think Adam is an issue? I get you may not see eye to eye with his takes, just seems strange. It's all good

To each their own, this site has definitely been interesting with the emergence of a couple folks...very 30ish feel to'em. It can make for entertainment at times though.

Why are so many ppl down on Fran. Most of us would grade him as an A- with results, with the program who inherited. Granted this year is a severe disappointment for sure. Williams leaving last minute and Connor battling multiple issues really killed us. Good grief, even after this year being an F, the overall grade would still be at least a B. Plz give him a break ppl!!

giphy.gif

You know as much about basketball as a garden slug. I wish there was a way to keep you off this site

If you go to the kids internet you can talk down to all of them about thier lack of basketball knowledge. You can also use that awesome wit to school those brats. Biggest upside is over on the kids site I won't be there to bother you. I can't promise that the kids won't call you a creep too though.

Why are so many ppl down on Fran. Most of us would grade him as an A- with results, with the program who inherited. Granted this year is a severe disappointment for sure. Williams leaving last minute and Connor battling multiple issues really killed us. Good grief, even after this year being an F, the overall grade would still be at least a B. Plz give him a break ppl!!

Coaching involves a lot of different duties. Fran is a D on fundamentals, recruiting and game management. Hard to bring up the overall grade

You brought up the concept of "wanting something doesn't make it happen"....that actions are what matters.

I was responding specifically to that comment. Obviously I know that me wanting something that is completely beyond my measure of control isn't going to work, so I wasn't addressing that.

I think his whole post that you are referring to was talking about fans wanting something won't matter. I think you may have misunderstood his point.

That one actually made me laugh a bit. It's just so over the top that you would think it almost has to be a joke. Get healthy or quit? Lol.

I was gonna say, "When your kid brings home a report card filled with Cs, do you pretend they are As?"

Handing out A-level contracts for C-level work is setting the wrong type of example for the child.

Well, my kids come up with plenty of plausible excuses so I give them the benefit of the doubt. Plus I'm hopeful based on the improvements they have promised, that the C will become an A. They just needed a better studying area, more and sharper pencils, and a world class book holder for their text books. Next year, nothing but A's baby!

Well, my kids come up with plenty of plausible excuses so I give them the benefit of the doubt. Plus I'm hopeful based on the improvements they have promised, that the C will become an A. They just needed a better studying area, more and sharper pencils, and a world class book holder for their text books. Next year, nothing but A's baby!

Now that is the kind of can do attitude that we need.

Ok strategy for growing kids.

Not so good for a 58 year old man making just under $2Million/yr and getting outperformed by 12 of his 13 key competitors.

If you go to the kids internet you can talk down to all of them about thier lack of basketball knowledge. You can also use that awesome wit to school those brats. Biggest upside is over on the kids site I won't be there to bother you. I can't promise that the kids won't call you a creep too though.
I don’t talk down to high school kids , but if I did they deserved it

It is not immature for Pat to call them out, but I don't think it is smart either. It only puts more of spotlight on his dad's heat.

Just like JBO saying #relax. Nothing good comes of it.
True enough but fans should NOT be tweeting Coaches or especially players it's stupid, petty and shows a lack of intelligence and class.

If you have a beef do it the right way call in and ask your question on their call in show like a man would do. You tweeters are pussies.

Latest posts