Pat Chambers

I could have benefited from a nudge to the chest once in awhile when I wasn't doing what my coach repeatedly asked me to do. This is not the same as that crazy guy from Rutgers. I guess it depends on the kid, to some it's inspiring, to others it's emasculating. But that's not the standard any longer, no touching allowed. So, if you're coaching today, you just can't do it.
Yep. This is dead on. You have to know your players. I've never thought a coach should touch a player.

Wow, i wonder if I can go after the university of North Dakota for emotional damages. How was what happened in that clip blown up to this extent?

Remind me to post some pictures of the participation trophy i got for my time with the fighting Sioux.

Looks like CoachTube.com's twitter struggles with "to" & "too" and decided to hedge their bets when typing the quote.

Oops, now Izzo will think I analyzed it too much. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, Izzo isn't wrong but it's simply the world we live in today. Every single thing on that kind of stage is going to be analyzed. Just the nature of the beast now.

Hmmmm........this gives me an idea for a thread. My mind is a raging torrent, with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.:cool:

Why do I feel like I need a towel??

Well, he open hand slapped Myles Dread during a time out a couple years ago. At least one coach (Izzo) and several posters on this thread said the subsequent one game suspension was too harsh.

This one was a little harder to get out from under. ESPN is reporting that he made a reference to a noose being b around d the neck of a player (grad transfer and ex Iowa State Rasir Bolton).

Not good. Chambers claimed that he encouraged Bolton to come see him if he needed to relieve stress, made the noose reference, then claimed he was from the North and never realized the connection to slavery and lynching.

Yeah, right. It was a bad move, and a worse double down. No way does that fly in this day and age. Now it will be interesting how much more fire was behind this smoke. And if Chambers will be subject to a Ferentz/Doyle type investigation.

Perhaps it will give Fran recruiting inroads, once and for all, to his native Philly.

Well, he open hand slapped Myles Dread during a time out a couple years ago. At least one coach (Izzo) and several posters on this thread said the subsequent one game suspension was too harsh.

This one was a little harder to get out from under. ESPN is reporting that he made a reference to a noose being b around d the neck of a player (grad transfer and ex Iowa State Rasir Bolton).

Not good. Chambers claimed that he encouraged Bolton to come see him if he needed to relieve stress, made the noose reference, then claimed he was from the North and never realized the connection to slavery and lynching.

Yeah, right. It was a bad move, and a worse double down. No way does that fly in this day and age. Now it will be interesting how much more fire was behind this smoke. And if Chambers will be subject to a Ferentz/Doyle type investigation.

Perhaps it will give Fran recruiting inroads, once and for all, to his native Philly.

Thanks, I see. When did this occur?

Latest posts