Pat Chambers

It's just not a basketball school. When you have a 16,000 K stadium but you typically draw 3-5 k it's not good.

Then there's Nebraska - another football school, but their crowd & student section looked pretty good against Maryland the other night. Not like they've had a ton of success either, so it's weird.

Then there's Nebraska - another football school, but their crowd & student section looked pretty good against Maryland the other night. Not like they've had a ton of success either, so it's weird.

I think Nebraska is going to be very good in basketball in a few years. They have a great coach and some of the best facilities, along with a starving fan base they have everything they need.

I think Nebraska is going to be very good in basketball in a few years. They have a great coach and some of the best facilities, along with a starving fan base they have everything they need.

Yeah, it seems like Miles can coach. His teams haven't always been very good but they've stolen some good wins, and (usually) seem to be a tough out.

I'm not sure I sense that with PSU - maybe their fans feel the same. They've had a few good players over the years, but not enough, it seems. They have a good recruiting class coming, though, so we'll see.

I like Chambers, I want to think he can get it done at PSU, but its the same thing year after year, just no consistency at all. That team the other night looked awful. Its not like they havent had talent, last year they had Newbill and Ross Travis and still werent close to the tournament.

I like Chambers, I want to think he can get it done at PSU, but its the same thing year after year, just no consistency at all. That team the other night looked awful. Its not like they havent had talent, last year they had Newbill and Ross Travis and still werent close to the tournament.

I like Chambers. But one of their best returning players transfers just about every year. That's a problem. It may be the result of fan and school administration apathy for the basketball program. But it's a problem. He can't succeed until they can keep their talented players at Penn State.

Most teams look awful when they play Iowa so don't hold that against them.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right. I like the players on his team now and they really only lose Shields for next season. I wouldn't be surprised if they have another up year like they did a couple of years ago. The question is, can Miles sustain it?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but how on planet earth could PSU not have enough resources to field a strong hoops program? They make a zillion dollars from BTN like all other schools. So, it has to be self inflicted and that is stupid. My goodness, they could rake in tons of east coast hoopsters.

THIS! They do have everything BUT the energy. Evidently they have a really good class coming in. The point guard is one of those we had targeted but didn't get. That is very disappointing because he seems to be pretty good and evidently he wanted to stay close to home, or I have to think we would have had him. I am not dogging him for wanting to go where he wants to go. But, with our coach and the way we play and where our program already is, it seems like distance from home must have beaten us out.

Losing out n him could haunt u or a few years.

In todays PC post Bobby Knight world he'll probably have at least that happen and have that kids parents suing him along with half the team transferring out.
It wasn't just Knight back in the day, either. Jud Heathcote did stuff like that at about every timeout.

I'm sure there were many others back in those days. Dick Vitale wrote that he once hit a kid in the eye while snapping a towel at him in the high school locker room. He said it was the hardest thing to try and sell the rest of his rant when he didn't feel like ranting anymore.

I could have benefited from a nudge to the chest once in awhile when I wasn't doing what my coach repeatedly asked me to do. This is not the same as that crazy guy from Rutgers. I guess it depends on the kid, to some it's inspiring, to others it's emasculating. But that's not the standard any longer, no touching allowed. So, if you're coaching today, you just can't do it.

He is getting suspended for a game.....for a shove????

Yelling can hurt a players feelings, they should eliminate that next.

Latest posts