Padilla to the Portal

Those of you apologizing did any of you watch the Nebraska game? Padilla did not look like a Big Ten caliber quarterback and I can see why KF said they were putting the QB out there that gave them the best chance to win.

But I do question the coaches decision to recruit him in the first place. His best offers were non P5 schools and he was recruited by......wait for it.......O'Keefe.
When will we put a head coach on the field that gives Iowa the best chance to win a Big Ten title?

WHAT the last nineteen years isn’t a big enough sample size???

This is the best possible outcome for Padilla and the Hawks. This kid was not the answer, unfortunately.

It's ironic to wait an entire season to play than have a real competition for next year and then leave. It not make sense. I just hope he isn't leading the parade out of Iowa City. I won't be shocked to be breaking in an entire new receiving corps and backfield net year. That's a built in excuse for next year when Brian's offense sucks again.
I'm assuming he had a sit down with someone and found information we have not heard yet. Let your imagination run... Petras coming back?... BF telling him Labas will be #1?... Girlfriend transfering to another school?... Parental influence??? Who knows? I just wish him well.

You just nailed it. They put someone out there not ready and had no other options. That is not on Padilla. Some of you just won't say it. KF sucks and in general not a very good human being.

It's easier for you to bitch at a 20 something either not able or not prepped for what he was asked to do. That is on KF. If it is talent, this was not a surprise.

No way Iowa can't get a decent QB if they wanted it. The system is broken. The system is KF and apologists.

You a little bitter?

Now I wouldn't say that KF, in general, is not a good human being. I think that's going a little too far.

You a little bitter?

Now I wouldn't say that KF, in general, is not a good human being. I think that's going a little too far.
Look at individual occurances such as CJ playing with injuries. Petras, Padilla and so on. Fant debacle. Now he goes 2 TE and not with Fant much. ARob, handling of qbs in general with deterioration. Rape coverup. Rhabdo. Doyle. Nepotism. Offense deterioration. Running backs going headlong into stacked defenses. Not singning contract. Dominating the AD. Timing of extensions. Bullying media.

If this was Fleck, Frost, Dantonio or anything SEC what say you?

Iowa has actually had more success recruiting Jr. College players than from the transfer portal, up to now. A couple years ago they brought in an OLinemen from the portal who was a multi-year starter at Indiana...started him at OT at the start of the season but he really wasn't very good and never played after the first couple games. This past year brought in a TE, who from film looked like primarily a blocking TE more than pass catcher -- which doesn't really fit into Iowa's offense except in short-yardage situations -- not sure he ever saw the field. On the other hand, I think DT Nixon was a JC recruit, as was a RB (can't remember his name) who was a JC recruit and who was excellent.

Iowa has actually had more success recruiting Jr. College players than from the transfer portal, up to now. A couple years ago they brought in an OLinemen from the portal who was a multi-year starter at Indiana...started him at OT at the start of the season but he really wasn't very good and never played after the first couple games. This past year brought in a TE, who from film looked like primarily a blocking TE more than pass catcher -- which doesn't really fit into Iowa's offense except in short-yardage situations -- not sure he ever saw the field. On the other hand, I think DT Nixon was a JC recruit, as was a RB (can't remember his name) who was a JC recruit and who was excellent.
Mikki Seargant.

Also, Marshal Yanda came to Iowa from NIACC in Mason City, I believe. He turned out alright.

Latest posts