Padilla to the Portal

I guess if anyone is interested in what he brings.. which is little at the D1level based on his small sample size.

I give zero shits about the token bowls (I like the days when making a bowl was something special and there were only about 12 of them), so I say give Labas the first half, May the second half, and whatever happens happens. I'm sure they're looking at the portal anyway so the point is probably moot.
F yes times a million. We are just that old I'm afraid.

Ditto... Would love to know his thought process. Because why'd he even stay this long if he wasn't willing to stay next yr to compete for the gig. I'm not saying he's a great enough player to be handed the gig by any means but just going off how Fort Kinnick has done things he was next up for it.

Kid deserved better then getting ran out there against OSU like that and having his career go how it has. I don't think he got a fair shake. I think our QB 'competitions' are more about who can memorize the playbook and sound smart in the meeting rooms then who can actually perform. Don't get me wrong I'd like my qb to have the total package but if I had to lean one way or the other I'm taking the gamer. I don't think we really know if Padilla coulda been that or not. Way too small of an unfair sample size to be judging for him. But we sure saw enough of Petras to know he wasn't it.
Because players typically see and commit for the season which I respect. No player is just going to give up half a season when they only have 4-5 and for most their career is done after that.

Also, he still gets the practice time and instruction.

How many players on the current roster came IN through the portal and how many have LEFT via the portal?

Cade McNamara isn't coming to Iowa... I hope I'm wrong. But you aren't going to get a guy who played on a stage that big and tasted success to go to a program that has a very low chance to win a national championship or be nationally recognized.

Reactions: haw
Ditto... Would love to know his thought process. Because why'd he even stay this long if he wasn't willing to stay next yr to compete for the gig. I'm not saying he's a great enough player to be handed the gig by any means but just going off how Fort Kinnick has done things he was next up for it.

Kid deserved better then getting ran out there against OSU like that and having his career go how it has. I don't think he got a fair shake. I think our QB 'competitions' are more about who can memorize the playbook and sound smart in the meeting rooms then who can actually perform. Don't get me wrong I'd like my qb to have the total package but if I had to lean one way or the other I'm taking the gamer. I don't think we really know if Padilla coulda been that or not. Way too small of an unfair sample size to be judging for him. But we sure saw enough of Petras to know he wasn't it.

It could be the coaches are doing the right thing and being honest with Padilla. The first semester is coming to a close so now is the perfect time to transfer so that way he can get set up with classes at his new college and be ready in time for spring ball.

Cade McNamara isn't coming to Iowa... I hope I'm wrong. But you aren't going to get a guy who played on a stage that big and tasted success to go to a program that has a very low chance to win a national championship or be nationally recognized.
It feels like he's going to have options right? And by options I mean better ones then Iowa in a lot of ways so I'll be surprised if he comes to Iowa too. It makes sense for Iowa to want him. No doubt. But it feels like a one way street of sorts. So we'll see

There would be no better resume builder for this kid than playing Iowa's frigid schedule and putting up 25 or more TDs in what was the 130th ranked offense. He can't gamble with going somewhere like Georgia or Alabama where there are three guys who are high 4 stars or above on the roster because he cannot risk getting beaten out as the starter if he has 3 shitty days in practice.

Dear Alex Padilla,

I have no idea whether or not you are talented enough to play Iowa. I do apologize as an Iowa fan for how you were treated by the adults in the program.

Ya'll are trying to apply reason to an unreasonable situation.
Dear Alex Padilla,

I have no idea whether or not you are talented enough to play Iowa. I do apologize as an Iowa fan for how you were treated by the adults in the program.

Latest posts