PAC-12 says no expansion.

I am glad someone put the breaks on this...things felt out of control. Will be interesting to see what the SEC does for their 14th...and what the ACC does (if they stay at 14 or go to 16).

The Big Ten is not going to do anything either.

Doesn't $3B over 12 years get the Pac12 to Big Ten level money? The economics of TV are going to start making it tough to add teams.

It puts them above the Big Ten and when their Pac 12 Networks start making money, they will basically be printing their own money. The Big Ten will certainly be looking for as good a deal or better when their rights come due in a few years.

It puts them above the Big Ten and when their Pac 12 Networks start making money, they will basically be printing their own money. The Big Ten will certainly be looking for as good a deal or better when their rights come due in a few years.

The Pac 12 deal with Fox Sports & ESPN averages $250 million a year for 12 years. These deals are usually heavily back loaded so the Pac 12 is not going to receive anywhere near $250 million this year. This year the Big Ten will receive $220 million from ABC/ESPN & $24 million from Fox Sports for the championship game. Plus, the BTN will generate another $80 to $100 million.

Even with California, the Big Ten has more TV sets & deeper market penetration than the Pac 12. Because of this, TV insiders & experts think that the Pac 12 networks will be very successful if they make 80 percent of what the BTN makes.

The Big Ten's next TV deal will blow the Pac 12's deal out of the water. Don't worry, the Big Ten will do just fine financially.

CNBC reports that at least Texas would not accept the PAC's revenue sharing rules. I still don't think the Big 12 is out of the woods. We know that A&M isn't coming back and there is a strong possibility that Missouri can go to the SEC, the worse kept secret to date. You have a blood feud between Oklahoma and Texas worsened now by the PAC's new stand.

It's easy to say this now when there's no applications from Texas and Oklahoma on the table. Same with Missouri and the SEC.

I am glad someone put the breaks on this...things felt out of control. Will be interesting to see what the SEC does for their 14th...and what the ACC does (if they stay at 14 or go to 16).

The Big Ten is not going to do anything either.

It looks like they only said no because texas did not agree to equal revenue sharing. Which, I presume, is the play texas would make if they tried to join the B1G. Had a wife like that, what was hers was hers and what was mine was hers.

Second thing, when did OK and OK ST decide to go to the PAC12 with texas......I thought they were going on their own and telling texas to screw themself.

Texas and Oklahoma are getting together this week to discuss a 5 year plan for the Big 12. This raises a few questions:

1. What happens after 5 years? Do we have to go through all this bs again?
2. What do other institutions think about having two schools decide their entire future? At first glance, it appears they have no chioce, BUT, there are some scared folks in the Big East who would happily take several of those schools. Couldn't they say, now that it appears Texas and Oklahomoa have less leverage, "listen to us, or we are gone."
3. What teams would come to the Big 12. I'm hearing BYU, so do they stop at 10?

I don't know what to think anymore. The Big East is sort of just hanging in the balance right now, and the ACC is at 14 teams, but no one else is. Did not see that happening out of all the scenarios I ran through my mind. Is A&M in the SEC for sure? Who is team #14 for the SEC? Who is team #10 for the Big 12? If I were a potential school I would be scared of joining that conference unless it's a significant upgrade from what I currently have (aka Houston, SMU). Does the Pac 12 re-tool and go after Oklahoma, OSU, Kansas, and KSU and say forget Texas? It seems that with the ACC jumping the gun there are now more questions than answers. The Big East remainders to the Big 12 makes literally no sense whatsoever. I am worn out/annoyed by all of this talk, and once again almost nothing happening.

and when OU doesn't get their way, what, they go to the SEC? ...

Big 10?

I would like to see the Big 10 stay where they are. Not just for the time being, but for years to come. Adding Oklahoma and Oklahoma State might not be a bad idea, but geographically speaking they would be on the Iowa side and I could see both Michigans going to the other side. But, this theory probably will not happen so I'm not putting any weight on it.

Big 10?

I would like to see the Big 10 stay where they are. Not just for the time being, but for years to come. Adding Oklahoma and Oklahoma State might not be a bad idea, but geographically speaking they would be on the Iowa side and I could see both Michigans going to the other side. But, this theory probably will not happen so I'm not putting any weight on it.

Won't happen, bad academics.

Latest posts