PAC-12 says no expansion.

The Pac 12 has a "mini media day" on the East Coast for a reason, as long as the Pac 12 commish wants his conference to be relevant in the Central & Eastern time zones, no conference is safe.

What Oklahoma did to the Pac 12 at the last minute yesterday is the same what Texas did last year at the last minute to the Pac 12.

Larry Scott used as a bargaining chip for the second year in a row. I bet the man is off his rocker today. Big 12 ends up more stable, with revenue sharing, a new commissioner, and a conference network.

Give the Pac 12 some credit for putting Texas (big bully) in their place. Told be an equal sharing member or take a hike and they did. Nice to be OSU and TTech, we are just here for the ride, let us know where we end up. Texas and Notre Dame will never change their revenue deals until they absolutely have to. Delany won't budge either, good for him and the Big Ten, I could see the ACC maybe bending for them but I hope not. Looks like ISU maybe saved for the next couple of years, good for them!

Texas and Oklahoma are getting together this week to discuss a 5 year plan for the Big 12. This raises a few questions:

1. What happens after 5 years? Do we have to go through all this bs again?
2. What do other institutions think about having two schools decide their entire future? At first glance, it appears they have no chioce, BUT, there are some scared folks in the Big East who would happily take several of those schools. Couldn't they say, now that it appears Texas and Oklahomoa have less leverage, "listen to us, or we are gone."
3. What teams would come to the Big 12. I'm hearing BYU, so do they stop at 10?
Here are the latest twitter rumors that have popped up on Cyfan.

1. If the Big 12 adds one, they will go east and not west, due to the Pitt/Cuse move. Louisville would be the target.

2. If they go to 12(which I hope they do as ISU can add another NC game) we add Cincinatti and WVU. This is less desirable regionally, but you get a football blue blood, and another school that has had some success and a different base.

3. Mizzou is not going to the SEC if the Big 12 survives, which it looks like it will. They know if will submarine their success, and Deaton has been working hard to keep this ship afloat.

The short answer is no one knows. It looks like the Big 12 is alive for 5 more years. Beebe is out, that is for sure, no one is going to fight to keep him. The new commissioner will need to iron these things out to keep this from being a temporary reprieve.

Big 12 ends up more stable

You guys said that last year, too. :rolleyes:

And I see no reason to think that this is the end of things. Somebody had said this is about Texas and Oklahoma and equal revenue sharing. Odds are this is solely about Texas and revenue sharing.

And if Texas agrees to be equal and goes ahead and applies to the Pac-12, does anybody think they would be denied?

You people do not understand negotiations. Have you ever bought a car? The way you do it is to figure out your bottom line price and go about 10% below that. You stick hard to that number and walk away. When they call you to say they can split the difference, you say, "No thanks, and hang up." The next call you get a deal you couldn't imagine.

However, to start all this, you need to look like a real buyer.

The same tactics the PAC and Texas are using ND is using with the BS ACC stuff. Everyone is trying to get the best deal they can get and now they have to look like they will really walk away.

Really, Negotiations 101.

You guys said that last year, too. :rolleyes:

And I see no reason to think that this is the end of things. Somebody had said this is about Texas and Oklahoma and equal revenue sharing. Odds are this is solely about Texas and revenue sharing.

And if Texas agrees to be equal and goes ahead and applies to the Pac-12, does anybody think they would be denied?
I dont know how many times it needs to be stated that OU and Texas dont want to leave the Big 12. You dont have to go any farther than Mac Brown's comments yesterday. In my opinion, this was all a ploy by the 8 schools minus Texas and there is strong reason to believe its going to work.

I dont know how many times it needs to be stated that OU and Texas dont want to leave the Big 12. You dont have to go any farther than Mac Brown's comments yesterday. In my opinion, this was all a ploy by the 8 schools minus Texas and there is strong reason to believe its going to work.

Maybe everything is going to be fine. Right now Oklahoma looks weak. Why would Texas back down? The smaller schools need to show they have other options (merge with Big East.) But if I'm Texas, it's hard to take anyone seriously. They keep most the money until someone forces their hand. Until a long term equal (or more equal than now) revenue sharing deal is signed, the situation can still change on the drop of a time. For now, it seems the Big 12 is saved, but I wouldn't walk around puffing your chest out just yet.

This is what I don't get. Texas didn't want to go to the Pac 12 because of revenue sharing. So why would they agree to revenue sharing if they decided to stay?

From ESPN's Andy Katz:

"The Pac-12 decided it won't expand further late Tuesday because commissioner Larry Scott failed to get assurance that Texas would back an equal revenue sharing plan if the league added the Longhorns, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN.com."

Pac-12 Conference decides it won't expand further - ESPN

So yes, Texas didn't like revenue sharing in the Pac 12. What makes you think they are going to agree to it in the Big 12?

From ESPN's Andy Katz:

"The Pac-12 decided it won't expand further late Tuesday because commissioner Larry Scott failed to get assurance that Texas would back an equal revenue sharing plan if the league added the Longhorns, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN.com."

Pac-12 Conference decides it won't expand further - ESPN

So yes, Texas didn't like revenue sharing in the Pac 12. What makes you think they are going to agree to it in the Big 12?

Andy Katz is once again wrong.

Latest posts