PAC-12 says no expansion.

That article says basically nothing except that every option is on the table. It doesn't say anything about them leaning towards it.

Its a direct quote from THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY saying they are open to it.

A lot different that a random "source" saying that they are not.

How is he wrong? Can you confirm or deny the fact that Texas didn't agree to revenue sharing with the Pac 12 and that is why it fell through?

Go and look back at what Katz and ESPN have been reporting for the last month. How much of it has been true? How much of it has panned out? 5%?

Its a direct quote from THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY saying they are open to it.

A lot different that a random "source" saying that they are not.

You didn't answer the damn question. Take your Ritalin and read. Can you confirm or deny that the reason the Pac 12 deal fell through is because of revenue sharing? Yes or no. And if yes you are either more connected to this than most reporters or I want a link showing it.

From ESPN's Andy Katz:

"The Pac-12 decided it won't expand further late Tuesday because commissioner Larry Scott failed to get assurance that Texas would back an equal revenue sharing plan if the league added the Longhorns, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN.com."

Pac-12 Conference decides it won't expand further - ESPN

So yes, Texas didn't like revenue sharing in the Pac 12. What makes you think they are going to agree to it in the Big 12?

Because in the Big 12 Texas will still get the LHN. But they will not be allowed to show high school games nor will they be allowed to show conference games as it relates to football. OU wants this and Dan Beebe fired the fact the PAC 12 came out with their message pretty much indicates OU is going to get what it wants.

The Pac 12 nixed any idea of the LHN network.

So Texas options,

1) Go independent, but not play OU and A & M.
The amount of money that OU/TU game brings for the Dallas area is
not short of a small superbowl

2) Stick with the Big 12, keep the LHN with stipulations, still get to play OU.

No brainer for Texas.

Next thing is Big 12 needs to raise exit fee's to 25 Million, and require a 36 month notice.
In order to survive the Big 12 needs all kinds of poison pills in place.

Lastly Bill King threw out today that the current AD at Notre Dame might make for an interesting choice as the new Big 12 commissioner..

Last edited:
There is no chance that Texas agrees to a truly EQUAL revenue sharing model to keep the Big 12 together. Absolutely no chance, regardless of what the President, the AD, or anyone else says.

Texas has been able to pull off the unthinkable: "Save" the Big 12 by being so incredibly greedy that the PAC 12 wouldn't take them.

You didn't answer the damn question. Take your Ritalin and read. Can you confirm or deny that the reason the Pac 12 deal fell through is because of revenue sharing? Yes or no. And if yes you are either more connected to this than most reporters or I want a link showing it.

I can. Direct quote from Pac 12 commissioner Larry Scott: “After careful review we have determined that it is in the best interests of our member institutions, student-athletes and fans to remain a 12-team conference. While we have great respect for all of the institutions that have contacted us, and certain expansion proposals were financially attractive, we have a strong conference structure and culture of equality that we are committed to preserve. With new landmark TV agreements and plans to launch our innovative television networks, we are going to focus solely on these great assets, our strong heritage and the bright future in front of us.â€￾

Obvious shot at LHN.

There is no chance that Texas agrees to a truly EQUAL revenue sharing model to keep the Big 12 together. Absolutely no chance, regardless of what the President, the AD, or anyone else says.

Texas has been able to pull off the unthinkable: "Save" the Big 12 by being so incredibly greedy that the PAC 12 wouldn't take them.

False again. Texas will go to revenue sharing with the Big 12. They have to

I can. Direct quote from Pac 12 commissioner Larry Scott: “After careful review we have determined that it is in the best interests of our member institutions, student-athletes and fans to remain a 12-team conference. While we have great respect for all of the institutions that have contacted us, and certain expansion proposals were financially attractive, we have a strong conference structure and culture of equality that we are committed to preserve. With new landmark TV agreements and plans to launch our innovative television networks, we are going to focus solely on these great assets, our strong heritage and the bright future in front of us.â€￾

Obvious shot at LHN.

Reaching. OU was never going to Pac 12. They have even been on record as saying their "flirtation" (their words) went to far. Just putting the screws on Texas. It worked

But will it be "equal" revenue sharing? That's the question. Texas has too big of a head to put itself on an equal level with say ISU or KSU. They may spread some of their wealth around a little, but you're crazy to believe that they are going to go a straight across the board sharing platform like other conferences have.

To quote you, false again. Why? Oklahoma has ZERO power. They throw out an ultimatum and want the LHN restructured and Beebe fired. Let's say that doesn't happen. What can Oklahoma do? Absolutely nothing. Texas screwed the pooch for them in the PAC 12. They won't go to the SEC because the SEC doesn't want Okie State. What are their options then?

No, I'm sure they could still end up Independent. I don't tell me that one game, playing OU, is enough to keep them in the conference. They would be able to play anyone they would choose. That is still an option.

The Pac 12 just said that they did not want to be embarrassed two years in a row by Texas pulling out at the last minute. That's why the issued the statement. What is that supposed to mean? Is the door open for Texas to come back with some purposal? But there is still talk of a meeting on Thursday. Who knows??

Reaching. OU was never going to Pac 12. They have even been on record as saying their "flirtation" (their words) went to far. Just putting the screws on Texas. It worked

OK, man. Trying to have a reasonable conversation here, but if you think that wasn't a shot at the LHN, then I can't help you here.

They're "sharing" revenue now. Do ypu believe that they'll end up splitting the media pie evenly? That UT, OU, and ISU will all get the same checks? What will happen to the LHN?

But will it be "equal" revenue sharing? That's the question. Texas has too big of a head to put itself on an equal level with say ISU or KSU. They may spread some of their wealth around a little, but you're crazy to believe that they are going to go a straight across the board sharing platform like other conferences have.

1st and 2nd teir will be equal (national and regional). 3rd teir (local) won't be. That's fair I think

To quote you, false again. Why? Oklahoma has ZERO power. They throw out an ultimatum and want the LHN restructured and Beebe fired. Let's say that doesn't happen. What can Oklahoma do? Absolutely nothing. Texas screwed the pooch for them in the PAC 12. They won't go to the SEC because the SEC doesn't want Okie State. What are their options then?

Texas DID NOT screw the pooch for the Pac 12. That is very uninformed. Pac 12 came out and said they weren't expanding b/c they feared for the 2nd year in a row they would be embarrassed to be turned down.

The Pac 12 just said that they did not want to be embarrassed two years in a row by Texas pulling out at the last minute. That's why the issued the statement. What is that supposed to mean? Is the door open for Texas to come back with some purposal? But there is still talk of a meeting on Thursday. Who knows??

It means what I have been saying all along. Schools are posturing and using the Pac 12 to get what they want.

OK, man. Trying to have a reasonable conversation here, but if you think that wasn't a shot at the LHN, then I can't help you here.

Shot? Maybe. But if you don't think the Pac 12 would take Texas you are crazy. They made them an offer last year and go turned down. They knew OU wasn't going to the Pac 12 and so they beat them to the punch by issuing a statement

Wow you really have NON clue what you are talking about, you are worse than the clowns at ESPN. Do yourself a favor and shut your hole.

Read what I just said above. It's simple. You are wrong, have been wrong, and will continue to be wrong. Big 12 will go equal revenue sharing, will add teams, will get stronger, ISU will be better off, you will cry about it, and go on being my little brother! : )

Latest posts