• Iowa, by 7 or less

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Miss. St, by 7 or more

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • Miss. St, by 7 or less

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hawks do suck on the running QB for sure. Just go back and look at what a one legged Trace McSorley did to us this year. About a 40 yarder to the end zone untouched. I haven't seen MSU this year, but you never know what a team might do in a bowl game. Hoping for a Hawk victory. I say 24-17 Hawks.

believe he got an injection at half time and pain was greatly reduced in that leg.

Run scared of Mississippi State in a bowl but by God we should be playing Georgia or LSU in our early season non-Con games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I live in area with a decent elevation so the heat and humidity is not materially worse than Iowa (in fact, the highest high in central Iowa was higher last summer than it was where I live), but when you get away from the mountains in the South, the heat in September is no freaking joke. I was not surprised in the least when Troy beat Nebraska because those guys from Troy probably felt like they were playing in AC when they went to Lincoln.

For all we say about playing in Big Ten country in November, the same can be said for playing in Columbia, SC, Athens, GA or Baton Rouge, LA in September. Yeah, I know, it's hot that first and maybe second game in Iowa City, but it's usually mid 90's with a dew point in the high 70s in the deep South in early September. And the teams all put the visiting sideline in the sun. Iowa's guys would be near death in the 4th quarter if they played in SEC country in September.

You've got that backwards. Young and Sargent have 1378 yards on the year, Fitzgerald is at 1018.

The thing about the Run/Pass Option, is that you need the Pass part to actually be a threat. Theirs is not. I'd expect Iowa to load the box and make the OL pick up extra blitzers, which they haven't been very good at this year.
I got his passing and rushing yards backwards.

I'd actually say that Iowa has a long history of playing well against QB's who can run, but can't pass (this guys a little better than a 50% passer). I'm actually trying to think of one that caused Iowa a lot of problems and can't really come up with a name off the top of my head, I am sure there are some.

Last edited:
I'd actually say that Iowa has a long history of playing well against QB's who can run, but can't pass (this guys a little better than a 50% passer). I'm actually trying to think of one that caused Iowa a lot of problems and can't really come up with a name off the top of my head, I am sure there are some.

Juice Williams. 2007 they had us beat but the TD got called back on an illegal formation penalty. Juice avenged that loss and handed Iowa its last loss in 2008. Norm went into prevent on the last drive and Juice looked like John Elway beating the hell out of the Cleveland Browns. Ugh.

Juice Williams. 2007 they had us beat but the TD got called back on an illegal formation penalty. Juice avenged that loss and handed Iowa its last loss in 2008. Norm went into prevent on the last drive and Juice looked like John Elway beating the hell out of the Cleveland Browns. Ugh.

Juice didn't throw the called-back TD, the backup, Eddie McGee (?), was the one who threw it.

I live in area with a decent elevation so the heat and humidity is not materially worse than Iowa (in fact, the highest high in central Iowa was higher last summer than it was where I live), but when you get away from the mountains in the South, the heat in September is no freaking joke. I was not surprised in the least when Troy beat Nebraska because those guys from Troy probably felt like they were playing in AC when they went to Lincoln.

For all we say about playing in Big Ten country in November, the same can be said for playing in Columbia, SC, Athens, GA or Baton Rouge, LA in September. Yeah, I know, it's hot that first and maybe second game in Iowa City, but it's usually mid 90's with a dew point in the high 70s in the deep South in early September. And the teams all put the visiting sideline in the sun. Iowa's guys would be near death in the 4th quarter if they played in SEC country in September.

Thats why they play so many nite games in the south. 90s degrees without the sun beating down on you is not near as bad

This sort of sounds like Maryland when it was windy and the hawks just played their gaps, held the edge and tackled great. Just shut them down

Run scared of Mississippi State in a bowl but by God we should be playing Georgia or LSU in our early season non-Con games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one is saying to schedule top 5 blue bloods in the Non-con but Georgia and LSU have been down in the dumps before and not that long ago.

I have always mentioned playing Missou, Arkansas, S Carolina, the North Carolinas, mix a nice golf outing in the carolinas with a road game beatdown of some tar heels or peacocks. Virginia, texas tech

Kansas St would have been fun but not so much with Snyder retired again.

Let's play some of the military academies.

Arizona, Arizona St, Stanford, UCLA... just kidding.

Kansas St would have been fun but not so much with Snyder retired again.

Let's play some of the military academies.

Arizona, Arizona St, Stanford, UCLA... just kidding.

My son and I went to Arrowhead in 2000 or 2001 to watch Iowa play K-State in one of those kickoff classic type games, it was really hot but the hawks played great for a 3 win team and were right in it until the very end.

You didnt yet know what to expect from the hawks and that was really fun compared to now when you know exactly what is coming. I am really liking the fake FGs etc, just need to find a wide receiver who can throw a pass so we can run a double reverse pass to a wide open Hock for a 50 yard td

The D will keep them below 31 but I don't see Iowa scoring more than 13

Brian hasn't figured out how to run an offense without going back to the inside/outside zone because he can't think of anything else to put in the game plan

Latest posts