• Iowa, by 7 or less

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Miss. St, by 7 or more

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • Miss. St, by 7 or less

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Um just playing devil's advocate here, but we keep referencing Fant as our best offensive weapon yet criticize how much time he spent on the sideline and how little he was utilized. I'm not saying I disagree, but is absence going to be that detrimental to us, based on how his skill set was minimized throughout the course of the year?
Makes it a lot easier for their D to prepare for us knowing Fant won't be on the field.

This game could be very entertaining. I can see BF try to out think the room on offense for this game. It could work out and we could see some crazy trick plays or it could be a comedy of errors. I don't think we can move the ball against this defense if we don't shake up our game plan.

Yes. Every coach in America knew he was good except ours and they made sure to cover him the best they could. Now we are a one trick pony. Can Bryan get Stanley to through it to receivers is the question.

Lol, just kidding. We will run the zone read short side of the field 25 times.

They covered him the best they could when he was on the field...We were just a much of a one trick pony when he was on the sidelines watching. I'm just not sure, as little as he was utilized, that it will be that detrimental without him there. We were definitely a better team with him sure, but there was a lot of football played with him on the sidelines.

I'm not surprised by the number who think we'll lose..but I am surprised that most see it by 7+ points. I expect our D to keep it close.

giphy.gif

I think we can throw the "average" out here.

Look at the offense against decent defenses.

13 against ISU
17 against Wisconsin
24 total against PSU, but that included 2 safeties, a pick 6 and a TD on a fake FG
10 against Northwestern

I don't think a prediction of 10 is outside the realm of possibility. Hard to see this offense putting up more than 17, though. The saving grace is I could see Brian getting the offense tightened up and putting up a huge game here. It's also not outside the realm of possibility that with 15 practices the offensive line looks better and Iowa gets its run game going, which will make the offense look materially better. Iowa hasn't had a team make a big leap before a bowl game in a long time and I think it is due to happen. This team has the potential to be pretty good next year so hopefully they'll make some major strides.
You know more about Mississippi State than I do.

Best case scenario: Iowa uses those fifteen practices well, we turn this into the 2009 Outback Bowl, and it's a springboard to a memorable 2019 season.

I wish we were stout enough to compete in this game but I don't see it happening. Not to berate the Hawks but this is a bad match up for us on both sides of the ball. We won't score a TD. MS 27 Iowa 6

Umm we had trouble scoring against some trash defenses this year. They have a very tough defense. #1 in the nation scoring, and #3 in the nation overall. Don't see us scoring more than 10 points.

C'mon man they practice against Phil Parker defenses all the time! Hawks roll.

Guys, what the hell are you talking about? Their QB has over 1,000 rushing yards. Iowa does not play well against running quarterbacks, and Fitzgerald is one of the best RPO quarterbacks in the country.

No Fant, Stanley chokes in any game not against a bottom-feeder B1G squad, Kirk is 1-5 this decade in bowl games, and the worst conceivable QB match up against our D.

MSU 41 - Iowa 17

Their QB has pretty shitting throwing stats.

Did MSU QB face better DEs all season than #94 and #98 for #40 for the Hawks?? Our Linebackers better find one more gear.

Did MSU QB face better DEs all season than #94 and #98 for #40 for the Hawks?? Our Linebackers better find one more gear.

As much as I love #98 and #40, those fellas would be third stringers on most SEC West squads, assuming they weren't cut after freshman year (erm, medically unfit to play) to free up a scholarship for someone else. #94 is an SEC caliber ball player.

Their QB is 6' 5" and 230 lbs. How fast can he be??? About 53% on his passes with 15 TDs and 7 picks. Oh yah he way better than Stanley! Take away his run option and make him throw. Phil Parker will have him. Peyton Mansell running scout for this one.

As much as I love #98 and #40, those fellas would be third stringers on most SEC West squads, assuming they weren't cut after freshman year (erm, medically unfit to play) to free up a scholarship for someone else. #94 is an SEC caliber ball player.

Old NS at Bama would have taken Eppy in a heartbeat

Dear Christ people, you make it sound like we're facing Bama themselves.

MSU averaged 19.25 ppg in conference play. 11.1 ppg against SEC teams with a pulse (Ole Miss and Arkansas were garbage). LITERALLY HALF (55% actually) of their scoring output came from their 4 game non-conference slate. 45% of their rushing yards came from those games as well.

They lost 28-7 to Kentucky, who had the 101st rated total offense in the country.

Fitzgerald completed just barely over half (52.6%) of his passes this year, and only eclipsed 200 yards 4 times on the year, once in conference play.

They were held without a TD 3 TIMES in conference play.

It's not a gimme, but Jesus people, it's more than winnable.

Latest posts