our surprise 197lber next year??

I thought someone said Byron Tate of Wartburg was transferring to Iowa next fall and going to be the 197lber?

Is Anson even up to 197?

Tate wouldn't be a doctor at the university, he'd be our 197 pounder. If he's eligible to wrestle, he's eligible to transfer.

Tate wouldn't be a doctor at the university, he'd be our 197 pounder. If he's eligible to wrestle, he's eligible to transfer.

Exactly what I was thinking. There is a big difference trying to get in as a high school senior as compared to transferring in as a college senior.

If his grades are good enough to stay eligible at Wartburg they would be good enough to transfer in to Iowa.

Correct. The Iowa Conference schools don't just open up the doors and let anyone in. If he's eligible at Wartburg, he'll certainly be able to transfer to Iowa.

I live 20 minutes away from Waverly,Iowa and have attended quite a few duals the last couple of years. Tate is a very smart young man. Does he plan on going to Iowa? No. He is going to end up at U.N.I. Figure it. This comes from a real reliable source, Me.

guess i was thinking a long the lines of staying eligible at iowa...its a whole new atmosphere in iowa city then wartburg...could he keep his grades up?

guess i was thinking a long the lines of staying eligible at iowa...its a whole new atmosphere in iowa city then wartburg...could he keep his grades up?

Pin, two things. First of all he's not going to Iowa so it's kind of a moot point. 2nd you're overthinking this whole grades thing. He's a junior. If he transferred he have to pass classes for ONE semester to be able to finish his career there. I'm pretty sure he could make that happen. There are 30000 students there, they aren't all rocket scientists. you're letting your distaste for Wartburg cloud your judgment.

Latest posts