Other QBs

Scott Leclair

Are we to believe that Labas, Marco and whoever else is available are really that bad?
Bad enough that Kirk won’t give them the time of day. Is he watching the same Deacon Hill we are?
Also, if they are as bad as he said they are. Doubt they have any chance to play any snaps at Iowa

Maybe Deacon has a hot mom. That's all I can come up with.

According to Chad Leistikow, Marco was #2 today. Not sure what that means, but they are shuffling guys around the depth chart, probably just to show us that they are willing to switch things up.

It definitely is odd. There has to be something going on with Labas that we as fans are not privy to. Otherwise, unless he never recovered from his injury, it just doesn't make any sense. The only thing I can surmise is that he has had off-the-field or practice issues that have planted him firmly in Kirk's doghouse.

Along the same lines, what is up with Kaleb Johnson? Unless there is an injury that has not been divulged, he seems to be sharing the doghouse with Labas.

Are we to believe that Labas, Marco and whoever else is available are really that bad?
Bad enough that Kirk won’t give them the time of day. Is he watching the same Deacon Hill we are?
Also, if they are as bad as he said they are. Doubt they have any chance to play any snaps at Iowa

In today's world of college sports, if I were an Iowa QB not named Deacon Hill, I'd announce I'm entering the transfer portal when I return to Iowa City tonight.

Hill is just stubbornness. Inability to deviate from the "plan". At least he wasn't a catastrophe, but Jesus Christ how long do we see these guys that look to have no skills? Labas has played the best QB game for Iowa since Nate Stanley. So, of course, you don't play him when your starter completes less than 40% of his throws.

In today's world of college sports, if I were an Iowa QB not named Deacon Hill, I'd announce I'm entering the transfer portal when I return to Iowa City tonight.

I want a German existential film about Deacon entering the portal and going mad as nobody calls him.

Speaking of other QB’s.
The kansas jayhawks backup QB.
I’ll never understand how Iowa can not get players at certain positions like most teams.

I don’t get it. And it’s frustrating AF

I don't know if I would return to Iowa City tonight.
Lol, that was worth a laugh
Hill is just stubbornness. Inability to deviate from the "plan". At least he wasn't a catastrophe, but Jesus Christ how long do we see these guys that look to have no skills? Labas has played the best QB game for Iowa since Nate Stanley. So, of course, you don't play him when your starter completes less than 40% of his throws.
How can the special skills players on offense be so poor? It is nauseating.

At the same time how can a team be 7-2 and be in the drivers seat to win their division and have the last place offense, not in their division, not in their conference, but in all of their football division. I laugh as I think of it.

Has this ever happened in history of college football? You can’t make this shit up.

Last edited:
Ferentz has proven through the years, over and over, he looks for different attributes than we do. For starters (no pun intended), he doesn’t believe in “gamers”. He thinks you need to be a johnny hustle practice player in order to perform on Saturday. He doesn’t believe players turn their games on when the lights come on.

He doesn’t look at the same things we do. I look for big play abilities. He doesn’t. He looks for guys that never turn the ball over and loves receivers that block well rather than guys that stretch the field.

He doesn’t look at upside. He looks at johnny hustle effort guys that block, catch the ball, never jump offsides and never fumble.

In other words, he’s very conservative in how he looks at personnel

I’m thinking Labas has already mentioned
it to Kirk. Prob why Kirk refuses to play him!?’b

Lol, that was worth a laugh

How can the special skills players on offense be so poor? It is nauseating.

At the same time how can a team be 7-2 and be in the drivers seat to win their division and have the last place offense, not in their division, not in their conference, but in all of their football division. I laugh as I think of it.

Has this ever happened in history of college football? You can’t make this shit up.
It illustrates how good our defense is.

It definitely is odd. There has to be something going on with Labas that we as fans are not privy to. Otherwise, unless he never recovered from his injury, it just doesn't make any sense. The only thing I can surmise is that he has had off-the-field or practice issues that have planted him firmly in Kirk's doghouse.

Along the same lines, what is up with Kaleb Johnson? Unless there is an injury that has not been divulged, he seems to be sharing the doghouse with Labas.
Some on Facebook have said he caught the flu bug that some of the offensive linemen had. But so much stuff over there has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Latest posts