Other B1G games ...

Sounds like we were one of 3 teams considered for a 4 seed in the bracket show. That means we are considered a 5 seed right now. Man would it be nice to finish strong. With the quad 1 games we have left, we could probably be a 4 or 5 seed with a 5-3 finish.

Bardo talking about Fran getting technicals

49aU.gif

The pitiful Illini have been exposed for-the-flash-in-the-pan pretenders that they really are

Incapable of closing a game against top competition

They do Not have the experience or ability of closing without blowing it big time

Custer's Last Stand in Reverse

Edgar_Samuel_Paxson_-_Custers_Last_Stand.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:
The pitiful Illini have been exposed for-the-flash-in-the-pan phonies that they really are

They do Not have the experience or ability of closing without blowing it big time

I probably wouldn't go with pitiful but as great as their D is, their offense is flat out bad at hitting 3s and thats a recipe for disaster. They were about as good offensively as they can be against Iowa and they still lost.

Crazy part is PSU, Maryland, and Minnesota are all similar in that manner. Very good defensive teams that all struggle from 3

Man, I wish ESPN would dump Dick Vitale. His act is now like 30 years old. I thought he only did Duke/North Carolina games?

Man, I wish ESPN would dump Dick Vitale. His act is now like 30 years old. I thought he only did Duke/North Carolina games?

He got demoted from that game a few years ago in favor of Bilas which was a smart move. Bilas is one of the few TV sports guys who doesn't have some sort of cliche role playing thing going. He just talks sports.

He got demoted from that game a few years ago in favor of Bilas which was a smart move. Bilas is one of the few TV sports guys who doesn't have some sort of cliche role playing thing going. He just talks sports.
I knew that, I meant I thought he mostly only called Duke and Carolina games these days. There is a reason why he is nicknamed Duke Vitale

The pitiful Illini have been exposed for-the-flash-in-the-pan pretenders that they really are

I mentioned before the Iowa game that Illinois was about to come back to the pack...could lose their next 5.

@ Iowa
Maryland
Michigan State
@ Rutgers
@ Penn State

It would be awesome if Michigan State and Maryland tanked, leaving the top 4 as Iowa, Illinois, Penn State, and Rutgers. What would the odds of that been before the season started?