Other B1G games ...

This is the third straight weekend with no Iowa game. That is very unusual. Iowa has played two Fridays and now a Monday.

We have to beat Wisconsin which we should, win at Maryland, and beat Illinois at home then we can see how it shakes out. Illinois wins at wisconsin, at Purdue and at Michigan, wow. We will have to beat them at their place too. MSU still has some road games left and they haven't been widely impressive.

Anyone catch Maryland’s Jalen Smith at the end of their game with Indiana today? Had a career game but got out of hand with the IU fans at the end.......Turgeon had to get involved.

Indiana let this one slip away.

Don't look now, but all of the sudden the road teams are starting to rack up W's.

And Nebraska almost got Rutgers yesterday.

Anyone catch Maryland’s Jalen Smith at the end of their game with Indiana today? Had a career game but got out of hand with the IU fans at the end.......Turgeon had to get involved.

Indiana let this one slip away.
yes I saw him jawing with the fans, pointing to the Indiana map on the floor. Turgeon was pissed, rightfully so

Are you expecting to do those things or just saying we need to do those things if we want to win the B1G? That would be awesome but pretty hard to imagine.

I think we handle Wisconsin from the outset. I keep talking about offensive efficiency, but it truly is the metric for this team. We are so good on offense by way of taking quality shots 90% of the time and having the ability to get into our sets we want that it is a very difficult job to slow down without elite athleticism. We would have to have a season low in efficiency paired with a season high in efficiency for Wisconsin for them to beat us. It is how we got beat at Nebraska, but remember there was no CJ and Wieskamp had his worst shooting game as a Hawk.

I think we handle Illinois. They are a tougher out because they are more athletic and can give us problems on the perimeter, bit I think Garza shines here and fouls everyone out, we get ahead on foul count and kill them at the line.

Maryland is going to be tough because you know the game will be called differently than in Iowa City. They are not nearly as efficient offensively while they have the players to do so. Their problem is that their real strength is on the block and when they go to that they are a load, but they think their strength is their guards. Luka is going to have to be careful here and not get a couple of quick fouls because Maryland will come out of the gate with a run and momentum and we have to take the punch. If we can take it, and be tied after 10 minutes, we can and probably will win this game.

Saying all that, yes, I think we can win all 3 and I think we will.

Because I’m a known conspiracy theorist on these boards I would say it’s very possible if not likely that the B1G had a talking to with officials about how stark the home/road splits were in the league.

Because I’m a known conspiracy theorist on these boards I would say it’s very possible if not likely that the B1G had a talking to with officials about how stark the home/road splits were in the league.
Officiating is the only thing that could cause that much disparity. What is the average road winning % normally? Probably between 35-40% I'm guessing.

Latest posts