Other B1G games ...

Ohio State, who beat Villanova by 25, went from 2nd ranked in the nation, has lost 6 out of their last 7 games.

Wonder if they'll stop this nose dive ever.

Don't forget beating Kentucky. I love seeing the nose dive though.

It’s early but they looked totally overwhelmed. I‘d still wager MSU is gonna win or make it at the worst a possession game. Glad we don’t have them at home this year, they’re good, it’ll show soon
Michigan State will likely win the B1G but I’m really not impressed with them, especially compared to historical Sparty teams.

They just don’t have a lot of help for Cassius. He’s a stud but they are asking him to do so much and he does lack a little athleticism. Langford being hurt again was a killer for them as they needed that additional offensive pop.

It was the same scenario that played out in an Iowa game a couple years ago. Game was over, Kansas was trying to dribble out clock, K State stole it and tried to score, DeSilva with the hard foul and the taunt standing over a fallen player.

Obviously in the Iowa case there was no hard foul but there was an unpleasant handshake line, or more accurately lack of one. Stripping a player as they are dribbling out the clock must be one of those unwritten rules or something.
Hah dont forget the count it signal by the other team's coach. Wasnt that North Dakota? I love how Fran just waved his players off with no handshake line, that's the proper way to handle it instead of risky a brawl like what happened in this case.

Michigan State will likely win the B1G but I’m really not impressed with them, especially compared to historical Sparty teams.

They just don’t have a lot of help for Cassius. He’s a stud but they are asking him to do so much and he does lack a little athleticism. Langford being hurt again was a killer for them as they needed that additional offensive pop.
Definitely not one of your elite MSU teams but likely still the cream of the crop in the conference. I was shocked they didn't make a bigger push last night, but them losing on the road doesn't shock me at all. Everyone's doing it.

Wisconsin just went to Purdue and got throttled from beginning to end. Purdue won by about 20. Wisconsin had 15 points at halftime. Now watch Wisconsin get 40 points in the first half at Carver.

Illinois is solid, but Michigan missed everything all game..including 5 straight free throws in the last 2 minutes. Michigan handed that game to them. Sad watching teams who can’t miss against us fire up bricks all day against other teams.

Illinois is solid, but Michigan missed everything all game..including 5 straight free throws in the last 2 minutes. Michigan handed that game to them. Sad watching teams who can’t miss against us fire up bricks all day against other teams.
Was rooting for Michigan but glad slimeball Wagner was one of the goats to miss two free throws to fritter the game away.

Illinois has won at Michigan, at Purdue, and at Wisconsin. Not too shabby.

One thing this shows is that all of these roads games are winnable. The B1G is very competitive, but there are no great teams.

Michigan and OSU are cratering.

Last edited:
We have to beat Wisconsin which we should, win at Maryland, and beat Illinois at home then we can see how it shakes out. Illinois wins at wisconsin, at Purdue and at Michigan, wow. We will have to beat them at their place too. MSU still has some road games left and they haven't been widely impressive.

We have to beat Wisconsin which we should, win at Maryland, and beat Illinois at home then we can see how it shakes out. Illinois wins at wisconsin, at Purdue and at Michigan, wow. We will have to beat them at their place too. MSU still has some road games left and they haven't been widely impressive.

This is still a Fran team. Hopefully will go Hawks way.

Don't forget Maryland fired up bricks against us all night and have probably had other games where they couldnt miss.

Are you expecting to do those things or just saying we need to do those things if we want to win the B1G? That would be awesome but pretty hard to imagine.

Latest posts