OT: Vacation

July to Spencer Iowa for #2 grandson's birthday. Early Sept to Seattle area for granddaughter's bday and hope to get to Glacier National and Teddy Roosevelt parks on the way back to Iowa. Otherwise a couple of golf tourneys are my vacation, wait I am now retired so I am always on vacation.

Went to Switzerland/Bavaria/Venice/Rome/Sicily last summer about this time with my daughter. Took her back to the Naval Hospital she was born in in Sigonella, Sicily.

Flew one-way to Portland, ME with my 83 year old mother and drove back to Iowa through NY, Vermont, NH, Niagara Falls, into Canada and down the mitten of Michigan all over 5 days...September. (This closed a bucket list item of visiting all 50 states and Canada).

I think I'm staying home and mowing grass this year.

A month of walleye fishing in Northern Ontario on wilderness lakes and my 12th trip to Yellowstone, this time with my daughter, her husband and my two grand daughters. Then it’s all about Iowa football, both home and away games again this year. And, my grandson is a senior in high school, plays football, linebacker and wide receiver. Life is good.

Boston and Cape Cod with a day trip to Martha’s Vineyard. 3 kids in tow. MV is a whole different ballgame. Safe travels to all this summer. Go Hawks

Nashville in July with seven other married couples. Renting two houses. Going out on pontoon boat one afternoon among other activities. Breakfast at Waffle House absolutely on the docket. No children attending, all adults.

Gout medication will be packed. God help us all!

Wifey wants to take a week and just day trip to different spots around Iowa that we've always said we wanna visit. I'm lukewarm on the idea, but guess who will probably win. :D

Just got back from Tokyo. Took Ma and the boy to Disney. $115 for the 3 of us to go.

Going to Lake Keowee for 4th of July. Mars Hill, NC for a long weekend in mid July. Darlington, SC for the NASCAR race on Labor Day weekend. Trying to go to Bristol, TN for the night NASCAR race in August, but I'm not sure if my son will be able to tent camp that one yet. We're going to try tent camping in the mountains one of these upcoming weekends somewhere close to home.

Wifey wants to take a week and just day trip to different spots around Iowa that we've always said we wanna visit. I'm lukewarm on the idea, but guess who will probably win. :D

I don't know how you could possibly spend a week on that. I assume you've already seen a fair amount of things, so maybe this is stuff like "Iowa's Largest Frying Pan" in Brandon, Iowa.

I don't know how you could possibly spend a week on that. I assume you've already seen a fair amount of things, so maybe this is stuff like "Iowa's Largest Frying Pan" in Brandon, Iowa.
That does seem like kind of a long week...hopefully we can hit a few state parks, do some hiking, biking, picnic'n type stuff. My fear is it turns into a week long shopping trip.

I'm going to Thailand for....a thing.

jC9ghA5.jpg

Latest posts