OT: Vacation

My vacation started about two hours ago. Two minutes after I got into my vehicle the Cubs finished a win. Sunday morning it's off to Nashville for six days, five nights for whatever debauchery eight married couples in their late forties and fifties can get themselves into. And it's actually been cooler there, and the cold front predicted to pass through the Midwest this weekend is predicted to reach Tennessee as well.

In any case, off till the 29th and I'm ready for it.

I'm going to Wrigley in 2 weeks. 35th wedding anniversary 8-4-84. Cubs should've won the WS that year but crumbled like a cake my wife makes. How in the F did I last this long? She doesn't do cake anymore

I'm going to Wrigley in 2 weeks. 35th wedding anniversary 8-4-84. Cubs should've won the WS that year but crumbled like a cake my wife makes. How in the F did I last this long? She doesn't do cake anymore
Padres had a better bullpen that year, especially in the middle, and a better manager. Dick Williams also had a lot of postseason experience and he managed rings around Jim Frey. First thing he did was take his lumps in game one without burning up his pen. When he needed seven plus innings out of them in game five they were up to the challenge.

Of all teams to lose to.....the Pud-Rays.

Dude, I’ve been on most major lakes in Minnesota, like Big Winnie, Leech, Mille Lacs, Rainy River, potato Lake, white fish chain, etc. if u can’t realize we have a gem or something different in West Okoboji than that’s your problem. It is just different up there. The closest thing to the northern lakes we have in Iowa. Actually with West Okoboji we have one of the 3 or 4 blue lakes in the world. Why u want to live your life so negative and bitter. Appreciate what is around you for once.
Sorry you have fallen for the blue lake myth. There is no such thing. Boji is a fine place..but a blue lake doesn't really exist. Here is the official DNR statement on your myth. https://www.iowadnr.gov/about-dnr/d...i-one-of-only-3-blue-water-lakes-in-the-world