Open Practice Quick Hitters

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Will expand on some of these thoughts and more later this evening..

TIGHT ENDS: Clearly the strength of the offense. CJ is going to get a lot of targets for this year for a couple reasons. One, he is finally growing into beast mode and two, the wide receiver group is less than inspiring.

RB: Half of what it will look like in the fall (if all goes according to plan with both Hill and Garmon getting to IC). Bullock had a nice break away for an 80 yard score and DJ also broke one...but not the greatest ball security day.

WR: Davis was on the field, didn't get many targets. Shumpert got a LOT of targets...but one three target stretch he had three drops. Made a few great catches, but then coughed it up...very inconsistent.

QB: Vandy will have a much higher completion percentage this year. We'll see if it leads to more points. Things were not crisp on offense but just 12 practices into a new system, it makes sense. JVB was not immune to the transition. Rudock clear #2. His mechanics still look very good and he will benefit from Coach Davis. Sokol is a slinger, no real threat to be the #2 this year and plan to redshirt makes sense.

Punter: I sure hope Iowa's 2012 punter is not yet on campus. Mullings still has a LOOONG slow delivery. Hasn't worked it out and I just don't see it happening for him at Iowa.

DL: Kirk talked about them in his Q&A..but this group will struggle this season. There is no getting around it.

DB's: Along with TE's, best position group on team. Law had a nice collision with CJF and CJF went backwards.

Defense: Played a lot of press coverage and jams at the LOS...WR's had a huge problem with this. Lowery is a stud and I agree with HawkeyeGameFilm in that he is Iowa's next NFL corner. He oozes natural ability.

I talked with a lot of media members today..probably had '2012 record thoughts' convo with seven...everyone said 6-6/7-5. That's how I have felt all spring and still do.

I once hit CJF with a moped and I took teh worst of teh damage. If law is hitting harder than a moped in spring, he'll be a Vespa by fall.

Mullings has been here 2 years and he's still slow? Is anybody working with this kid? or does he just not get it?

It's punting. How complicated can it be?!

Not good about the punting. Kornbrath better be good. Lowery will have zero drop off from Prater, and may even prove to be better.

Will expand on some of these thoughts and more later this evening..

TIGHT ENDS: Clearly the strength of the offense. CJ is going to get a lot of targets for this year for a couple reasons. One, he is finally growing into beast mode and two, the wide receiver group is less than inspiring.

RB: Half of what it will look like in the fall (if all goes according to plan with both Hill and Garmon getting to IC). Bullock had a nice break away for an 80 yard score and DJ also broke one...but not the greatest ball security day.

WR: Davis was on the field, didn't get many targets. Shumpert got a LOT of targets...but one three target stretch he had three drops. Made a few great catches, but then coughed it up...very inconsistent.

QB: Vandy will have a much higher completion percentage this year. We'll see if it leads to more points. Things were not crisp on offense but just 12 practices into a new system, it makes sense. JVB was not immune to the transition. Rudock clear #2. His mechanics still look very good and he will benefit from Coach Davis. Sokol is a slinger, no real threat to be the #2 this year and plan to redshirt makes sense.

Punter: I sure hope Iowa's 2012 punter is not yet on campus. Mullings still has a LOOONG slow delivery. Hasn't worked it out and I just don't see it happening for him at Iowa.

DL: Kirk talked about them in his Q&A..but this group will struggle this season. There is no getting around it.

DB's: Along with TE's, best position group on team. Law had a nice collision with CJF and CJF went backwards.

Defense: Played a lot of press coverage and jams at the LOS...WR's had a huge problem with this. Lowery is a stud and I agree with HawkeyeGameFilm in that he is Iowa's next NFL corner. He oozes natural ability.

I talked with a lot of media members today..probably had '2012 record thoughts' convo with seven...everyone said 6-6/7-5. That's how I have felt all spring and still do.

I think we could see Iowa have their worst season since 2000 I'm afraid. WR, RB and DL will kill us. But I've already expected that so not making a bowl game won't upset me. Just hope team can improve through the season and not get frustrated with lack of wins.

This funny.

OMG what a depressing life to prism everything through 12 spring practices.

Worse yet, to view those 12 practices through the prism of what is opined about them on hawkeyenation.com. That can lead to some real depression.

I really dont think second string QB is set in stone. Ruddock seemed to struggle about the same as Sokol but Sokol seemed to have a better grasp of the new O.

It could be worst right? Why do you love losing? Would you be okay with losing every game, because you always point out that it was worst back when. Unless you are Kurt I have no idea what you are protecting.
*KIRK Holy sh!t im starting to wonder if some of you people are actually Iowa fans.

Well, I'm encouraged by what I saw today. It's pretty hard to really tell anything until October, but there were some bright spots.

For one, I expected the D Line to get ate up today. They didn't. Part of that was offensive misfires, but I don't think it's gonna be as bad as some are predicting.

i'm beginning to think you are a loser.

Do you know how I used to be? You should be thankful for how I am now.

Your bit is old...yes it was worst back then but now things are different and it is okay to want more than 7 wins and losing to Minny.

I am happy with Kirk because I think he finally made the changes he needed to make(unlike you who was happy with everything and spent all of your day on HN protecting the program). All that doesnt matter to you. You will be soo happy that Iowa actually had a team this year. I have no idea what could dissapoint you.

Our head football coaches name is Kirk. And I guess I just assumed that legitimate fans of a team would know the name of there head coach. This makes me lol a little bit.

Kirk like as in Captain Kirk.....get out of here guy we dont need anymore trolls.

Latest posts