ON THE RECORD: My Final FB Predictio & Yours

If they win against OSU, VT. Don't underestimate how much effect their crying about the unfair system and how they get no respect will have on the national media. Their SOS is only one ranked team better this year than last. They ll whine an cry their way into the game then get killed.

The outcome of the title game is irrelevant. All that matters is that they could very easily get in over us. And I just think people should keep that in mind, so that it doesn't come as quite so big of a shock if it happens. Because it's very possible.

But I also think they should get a shot at it. There is no rule that says the best team has to come from the best conference. Just because Miami came out of the Big East in 2001 doesn't mean they weren't/aren't arguably the best team of all time. I realize the WAC is below that, but there aren't any 2001 Miami's out there, either. The best team CAN come from a lousy conference. They've done all they can to prove they belong given the obstacle they face in their conference schedule. If they go undefeated, they'll probably get in, and I'm not sure they shouldn't.

With all of these 12-0, no doubt about it scenarios, I can tell you that these boards are going to be in complete chaos when we lose our first game of the season...and odds are that we will lose at least one game.

I am hesitant to make a full season prediction, but I want to get into the action! :D

Game 1 Eastern Illinois - W 48-6
This has relief written all over it. Even though we are without Binns and Hampton. Vandenburg with 2 TDs in the 2nd half.

Game 2 Iowa State - W 35-3
It's hard to know this one but they haven't scored a TD in 3 years! (soon to be 4) I don't expect it to be comfortable until early in the 3rd quarter. There is no way we should lose this game. Hampton with 100+ and 2 TD it's his job to lose after this game.

Game 3 @Arizona - W 31-21
I know there is a lot of people that are scared of this game but this is the second time that KF has taken a team down there and I believe this will end up like the second trip to Miami. I don't think you can stress enough that AZ will have TWO new coordinators and there will be some growing pains for them. No Stanzi errors to give them any confidence.

Game 4 Ball State - W 38-10
Not close the entire time. Too much good stuff from the D-line. Expect we see the dreaded Stanzi ball to give the Cardinals a TD right before half.

Game 5 Penn State - W 24-13
They reload on defense but we all know it takes them a while to make sure the offense gets back on track. Think the DARK AGES!!:p I really think that the defense will show the O the physical-ness they won't see the rest of the year and that will be the deciding factor. Special teams scores a td.

Game 6 @Michigan - W 30-28
I really don't like this game. It's an offense that Norm Parkers defense has always had trouble with. I think that this game will be decided by how Michigan plays the games leading up. If they lose to ND and MSU I believe it's no contest and the Wolverines will give up, but if they win watch out. There will be confidence not seen since the days of Lloyd Carr. It also helps their defense is HORRIBLE.

Game 7 Wisconsin - W 27-13
They have to show they can beat the better teams and I don't think they can. I like Clay and their offensive line but I like Clayborn, Ballard, Klug and Binns more.

Game 8 Michigan State - W 24 - 13
I like their quarterback and TEs, but the only player they have on defense is Greg Jones. He is definitely great but I don't think it will be enough for the Spartans.

Game 9 @Indiana - W 38-24
The Hoosiers have a good offense but the defense is suspect. Jewel returns to Bloomington in high fashion with 3 more TD in his stomping grounds.

Game 10 @Northwestern - W 42-17
There have been too many times that NW has been the spoiler to the best Iowa teams, and I don't mean just football. I have a feeling we get the monkey off of our backs and dismantle them a la Hayden Fry.

Game 11 Ohio State - W 24-21 OT
This will be the de facto Big Ten Championship game/ NC semi-final. This will be the most important game in Kinnick Stadium history. It could be a #1 vs #2 depending on other teams. I believe that the experience that the D-line had against Pryor last year will be THE pivotal key to this years game. I whole-heartedly think that tickets to this game will cost a small fortune. Upwards of $1500.

Game 12 @Minnesota - W 38-0
This will make it 3 straight years that the Gophers will no reach the scoreboard. My prediction is that Brewster will NOT be the coach for this game. And we christen the brand spankin' new Kinnick North.

Game 13 NC Game in Glendale team TBD
I know the general football population will be disappointed with the idea of Iowa playing for the National Championship but I believe that this is the year and no one can stand in the way of AC , TS and Co. I don't think there is a better defense in the country and I believe that whomever we play in this game they will not be able to handle the physicality. Chris Doyle will shine through again.

This is my prediction for this year. Two years ago I predicted 9 wins, we got 9. Last year was 10, we got 11. This year I predict 13 and if that happens I hope my beloved Iowa City does not fall in the aftermath of reaching 00:00 on 1/10/11. I will see all of you there!

GO Hawks!

The outcome of the title game is irrelevant. All that matters is that they could very easily get in over us. And I just think people should keep that in mind, so that it doesn't come as quite so big of a shock if it happens. Because it's very possible.

But I also think they should get a shot at it. There is no rule that says the best team has to come from the best conference. Just because Miami came out of the Big East in 2001 doesn't mean they weren't/aren't arguably the best team of all time. I realize the WAC is below that, but there aren't any 2001 Miami's out there, either. The best team CAN come from a lousy conference. They've done all they can to prove they belong given the obstacle they face in their conference schedule. If they go undefeated, they'll probably get in, and I'm not sure they shouldn't.

Ya I can see your point. But if Iowa is 12-0, Iowa should be there. At 11-1 and Iowa won't get in. No matter that they beat tOSU or anyone else.
I don't think BSU should get in over B10, B12, SEC or Pac 10 undefeated teams. Their SOS is way above BSU. But if any of those teams are 1 loss then BSU will probably get a shot.

Ya I can see your point. But if Iowa is 12-0, Iowa should be there. At 11-1 and Iowa won't get in. No matter that they beat tOSU or anyone else.
I don't think BSU should get in over B10, B12, SEC or Pac 10 undefeated teams. Their SOS is way above BSU. But if any of those teams are 1 loss then BSU will probably get a shot.

Like I said, the human polls are going to be the big edge for Boise. Their SOS won't be great, but it will be good enough. That will make their computer ranking good enough that their edge in the human polls could easily put them in over an undefeated Pac-10 or even Big Ten school (other than Ohio State). Undefeated SEC team, or Big 12 team (meaning OU or Texas)? No way. But anyone other than that I think they would jump.

Like I said, the human polls are going to be the big edge for Boise. Their SOS won't be great, but it will be good enough. That will make their computer ranking good enough that their edge in the human polls could easily put them in over an undefeated Pac-10 or even Big Ten school (other than Ohio State). Undefeated SEC team, or Big 12 team (meaning OU or Texas)? No way. But anyone other than that I think they would jump.

I can see that being a possibility if there are three undefeated teams, BSU being one of them. I don't think they would pass over a tOSU, Texas, Florida etc (undefeated) and put BSU in. Human polls are one thing, the money is another at the end of the season. More people(TV etc) would rather watch a B10,B12, SEC against a SEC team.

Now if any of the winners of those conferences have 1 loss, then they are out. And for that matter if BSU has one loss it is out. They could lose easily lose to VT.

I can see that being a possibility if there are three undefeated teams, BSU being one of them. I don't think they would pass over a tOSU, Texas, Florida etc (undefeated) and put BSU in. Human polls are one thing, the money is another at the end of the season. More people(TV etc) would rather watch a B10,B12, SEC against a SEC team.

Now if any of the winners of those conferences have 1 loss, then they are out. And for that matter if BSU has one loss it is out. They could lose easily lose to VT.

That's not going to matter either. It's not an invite bowl (as CAAR quite bluntly pointed out to us a few weeks ago when having this debate). The voters don't care about the money that gets made for the BCS depending on the matchup, and neither do the computers. If they do, then the system is an even more colossal sham than it is already perceived to be (and I didn't think that was possible).

That's not going to matter either. It's not an invite bowl (as CAAR quite bluntly pointed out to us a few weeks ago when having this debate). The voters don't care about the money that gets made for the BCS depending on the matchup, and neither do the computers. If they do, then the system is an even more colossal sham than it is already perceived to be (and I didn't think that was possible).

Didnt know that. But we ll see if it matters after next week. If VT beats BSU, BSU will not have an argument for NC. Particularly since VT is probably finishing second in the ACC.

I think VT has a slight edge on BSU next week and OSU is about even odds against BSU.

Didnt know that. But we ll see if it matters after next week. If VT beats BSU, BSU will not have an argument for NC. Particularly since VT is probably finishing second in the ACC.

I think VT has a slight edge on BSU next week and OSU is about even odds against BSU.

I agree with that. VT is a pretty good team (though I think Miami is another year away from being "back"), and could win the ACC. Ryan Williams and Tyrod Taylor will be a handful.

Oregon State will test their defense with the Rodgers Bros. Those two are just fantastic players, easily my favorite players who don't play for the Hawks. But their questions at QB lead me to give BSU an edge in that one, and the fact that it's on the blue turf. Not necessarily a big edge, but an edge nonetheless.

If there is a loss I see it coming from MSU, UM, or NU. But I don't think it's coming.

I do predict Pryor will throw three picks at Iowa.

Last edited:
OSU game is in Boise. Thats the edge for BSU.

I was just over at the Cy fanitic site. They have 6 pages on the fact that Jon posted his predictions. What a bunch of bottom feeding cry babies!

If there is a loss I see it coming from MSU, UM, or NU. But I don't think it's coming.

I do predict Pryor will throw three picks at Iowa.

Only if Tressel elects to open the playbook for him. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SWEATER-VEST, *OPEN THE PLAYBOOK*!!!!! lol

Only if Tressel elects to open the playbook for him. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SWEATER-VEST, *OPEN THE PLAYBOOK*!!!!! lol

OSU will have to be behind for that to happen. If Pryor is throwing the ball, good things will be happening for the Hawks.

Man, the kool-aid is very sugary today! :)

I will say 10-2 with losses to OSU and one conference team that we shouldnt lose (most likely NW)

We will beat Arizona

10-2 with losses to Arizona and a surprise loss to Wisconsin. We rebound and beat OSU.

That AZ game has me nervous.

Iowa 37 E.Ill. 3
Iowa 27 ISU 10
Iowa 24 AZ 17
Iowa 42 Ball St 0
Iowa 27 Penn St 14
Iowa 31 Michigan 17
Iowa 24 Wisconsin 17
Iowa 17 MSU 10
Iowa 31 Iniana 7
Iowa 30 NW 17
Iowa 24 OSU 27