On the 4th and 10 play..

Drakebulldog93

when the announcer said "touchdown" I went nuts and in rather "high gear" stormed out the door to my smoker where I was BBQ'ing some pork butts. Only then did I hear Dolph saying something about Eddie being the happiest man in Indiana (had the radio going outside).

I wondered what in the hell is he talking about? Didn't we just give up a TD and 4th and 10? Then I heard Dolph say there will be an officals review. Went screaming back in the house to find the girls yelling and jumping that "we won, we won..he dropped it."

The depths of despair to the heights of ecstasy. It wasn't pretty in the least, but we are what we are. These games are hard to get jacked up for the players...and the fans. Win and live to play again. We can't overlook the 'cats, or tOSU game means nothing.

when the announcer said "touchdown" I went nuts and in rather "high gear" stormed out the door to my smoker where I was BBQ'ing some pork butts. Only then did I hear Dolph saying something about Eddie being the happiest man in Indiana (had the radio going outside).

I wondered what in the hell is he talking about? Didn't we just give up a TD and 4th and 10? Then I heard Dolph say there will be an officals review. Went screaming back in the house to find the girls yelling and jumping that "we won, we won..he dropped it."

The depths of despair to the heights of ecstasy. It wasn't pretty in the least, but we are what we are. These games are hard to get jacked up for the players...and the fans. Win and live to play again. We can't overlook the 'cats, or tOSU game means nothing.

I did the exact same thing, except went to the garage for a cigar. Had the radio on and had to run back in. :eek::D

No thanks to those idiot announcers..even though the ref who was standing right next to the reciever immediately signaled incomplete, they yelled touchdown, that sat there silent forever...

There were a couple of other plays where they incorrectly said complete or incomplete on obvious plays. Were they sitting behind a poll with no tv monitor?;)

I was in Jon's chat and I couldn't stand to watch so I just glued my eyes onto the chat and listened to the announcers call of a touchdown...I sighed in disgust, turned my head to see the replay and I see Iowa players with their helmets in the air on the sidelines being held back to not get a penalty and I'm thinking "what the hell?"...and then it all became clear...WHEEEW!!!

I did a double head-palm, but didn't move off the couch, so I experienced only a short moment of misery. Followed quickly by relief and mild jubilation. ;)

I was at BWW and when the last play happened i was the only one to see him drop it. Everyone yelled NOOOOOOO and i screamed "He dropped it". I was excited and shocked!

Even crazier was the official coming off the replay saying... the play stands! (And the Indiana fans go crazy!) incomplete. Followed by some odd silence.

I did not see the player drop the ball, but I did see the ref wave it off. I was a little confused because the retarded announcers kept yelling TD. I have very poor vision, if I could see it being waved off, why could't they?

Yeah, those announcers weren't the greatest...if I remember correctly, the color commentator stated just before the 4th down play, "They know if they don't get this first down, this game's probably over"...when there were like 35 seconds left...

Last edited:
Everyone should remember these were the Big Ten Network's C class announcers so we weren't getting the best.

Indy (4 u Hark) should know by now that they don't get to win in endzone reviews against us. Some people never learn.

No thanks to those idiot announcers..even though the ref who was standing right next to the reciever immediately signaled incomplete, they yelled touchdown, that sat there silent forever...

There were a couple of other plays where they incorrectly said complete or incomplete on obvious plays. Were they sitting behind a poll with no tv monitor?;)

This! Unbelievable commentary... between this and the ISU game commentary (who I actually normally like the guys who did that game) it was a rough day of watching football.

I was on the 10 yard line opposite the pressbox and actually there should have been a hold called on the LT, he had ahold of Clayborn around the neck. I'm sure it's been mentioned on here, but I missed the drop because I was freaking out about the unbelievably blatent hold on Clayborn that didn't get called. They waited what seemed like forever to show a replay on the jumbotron, but when they did it was clearly a drop.

I was at the stadium and the feeling you had was the exact opposite of all the Indiana fans. No one had any idea what was going on except the players and maybe 50% of the Iowa fans in the stadium. The IU fans were jumping all over each other but then when they turned and saw us Hawk fans all jumping up and down slapping each other, they were like, WTF are you so happy about? WTF is going on? It was awesome.

I was at BWW and when the last play happened i was the only one to see him drop it. Everyone yelled NOOOOOOO and i screamed "He dropped it". I was excited and shocked!

I was at the Iowa City BWW...too funny.

When I saw he "caught" it....I immediately put my head down, and did two of the "head slams' (mild ones) on the table...and cried..."nooooo."

Then the crowd went nuts, I raised up my head and saw the play was under review.

I jettisoned off my stool like I had a spring in my but and started jumping and down when it was official.

Talk about off the death bed onto the disco floor! God luv Donna Summer.

Last edited:
I was at the stadium and the feeling you had was the exact opposite of all the Indiana fans. No one had any idea what was going on except the players and maybe 50% of the Iowa fans in the stadium. The IU fans were jumping all over each other but then when they turned and saw us Hawk fans all jumping up and down slapping each other, they were like, WTF are you so happy about? WTF is going on? It was awesome.

Hilarious!!

I had a horrible reaction at first, but then I saw all of those guys in white shirts and yellow pants jumping around like jumping beans. I found that to be curious, so I looked and realized Iowa had won. If I had a smoker, I would've gone out to it, but I didn't. :)

Those announcers were awful. Like almost Pam Ward awful.

The announcer screamed TD, and I dropped my head in disgust and missed that the receiver dropped the ball. The announcers were silent for at least 10 seconds afterwards, then they panned to the Iowa sideline going crazy. It took me a minute or so to realize what had happened.

I guess that's what we can expect from the BTN C announcer team.

Latest posts