Olaseni to Redshirt next year?

Im not sure you could say Woodbury will be raw. Hes not really raw right now just weak.

I think Woodbury should be allot better next year.

White Basabe McCabe and Woodbury can all easily handle more minutes than they're currently getting too, and really they deserve more minutes.

Myer should be decent enough to play the few left over minutes.

I think Woodbury is solid and will be better next year but he will not be a force and a guy who can score down low consistently in conference play. I think hes 2 years away

There is tremendous upside to doing it I just would hate for it to come back and bite us during a year that should be very good

I'm with you here bus. It would be an awesome luxury to have to finally be able to RS Gabe but I'm not sure we are at that point.

There is tremendous upside to doing it I just would hate for it to come back and bite us during a year that should be very good

I agree with you busabus114 I like the move and hate it all at the same time. I think he could personally really benefit from using a redshirt year but next year is huge for Fran and he must make the NCAA IMO or else his seat will start getting warm fast.

I think Woodbury is solid and will be better next year but he will not be a force and a guy who can score down low consistently in conference play. I think hes 2 years away

good points. and i agree. while that might help us in three years to RS him, it might really hurt us next year. guess it all depends on Meyer and how he looks in practice.

plus, this doesn't help at all with spacing out the classes. in fact, this makes this year's freshman class even bigger. thought we were trying to avoid that.

I have also been thinking this is a good idea since before the season started. It didn't hurt Lohaus that's for sure.

plus, this doesn't help at all with spacing out the classes. in fact, this makes this year's freshman class even bigger. thought we were trying to avoid that.

Maybe Ingram is another guy who could redshirt? He could use the extra year too, and that would at least keep this years freshman class from growing.

Before this year I thought it was a bad idea to red shirt him because he was just going to get recruited over anyway. After seeing his progress I think it might be a good idea. He might be an absolute beast in 3 years.

I don't understand RS..So lets say he redshirts next year. Then the following year has a huge year and draws NBA attention. Why would he stay for his senior year and we wasted him on the bench.

Rick has a very good relationship with Fran, so his word means a lot.
That said, I don't understand why Gabe would RS as a jr.

I don't understand RS..So lets say he redshirts next year. Then the following year has a huge year and draws NBA attention. Why would he stay for his senior year and we wasted him on the bench.

I think they would be weighing the odds of what you said happening vs the odds of him needing one more year to be a major contributor as a senior. I agree that the odds are he would not leave for the NBA early.

I wish we redshirted Ingram this season.

Agree...but I don't see ingram ever being more than a small role player. He will get recruited over throughout his time...already happened with jok. Hopefully I am wrong but I don't see him doing much ever.

I think they would be weighing the odds of what you said happening vs the odds of him needing one more year to be a major contributor as a senior. I agree that the odds are he would not leave for the NBA early.

I am really happy with the progress this team has made and have enjoyed this season a great deal but I don't think Gabe or Marble will ever play in the NBA. Woodbury will need to develop to do so but it could happen. I hope in the near future we start recruiting players of that caliber but to me this is the kind of roster that has good talent that will give us a chance to be very competitive in the future if they develop individually and learn to execute as a team in pressure situations as they mature.

Latest posts