Olaseni commits to Iowa

We may have turned the corner guys, and this is just the new foundation of the next generation of Hawkeye basketball!! just wait till we're legit(next year) and dont have to stratch and claw in the spring WOW it's gonna be good.

or height. Oh, hell, athletisism to!

Iowa has turned the corner folks. It just has that feeling of back in the day & I haven't had that feeling for many many years. It is going to be enjoyable to watch next year. Last year was as well, but it is going to be fun.

The Times They Are a-Changin!

We may have turned the corner guys, and this is just the new foundation of the next generation of Hawkeye basketball!! just wait till we're legit(next year) and dont have to stratch and claw in the spring WOW it's gonna be good.

AGREED! I can't wait til next year. Down Big 10 and us being much better = March Madness baby!!

Please someone just tell me that Olaseni is at least farther ahead than Archie on the offensive side of the ball.. Don't need another nightmare free throw shooter..

I like that Van Coleman said he has good hands,good feet,and has nice touch on a little jump hook as well as a little turnaround jumper. With his size and athleticism,this sounds like all the tools you need to have possible solid post man at Iowa.

Very pleased with the spring recruiting haul.

Please someone just tell me that Olaseni is at least farther ahead than Archie on the offensive side of the ball.. Don't need another nightmare free throw shooter..

My 87 year old grandmother has more free throw shooting skills than Archie.

Any of you gurus out there want to speculate as to how this class will rank in the Big Ten? Middle of the pack, upper echelon?

Any of you gurus out there want to speculate as to how this class will rank in the Big Ten? Middle of the pack, upper echelon?

middle of the pack...even before Hubbard and Olaseni were added Iowa was like 6th...but really there is OSU,MSU,Ill.and IU...then a bunch behind them with Michigan,Wisky,Iowa Purdue...

It's ironic what a difference 3 days can make. :) It'd be interesting to go back and read some of the posts from last week now.

At any rate, two solid commitments for Coach Fran.

Just look at the roster Fran inherited a yr ago and where it is right now! Both Fran and the Mayor have raised their team's talent level. I would love to be at that BB game next season, Hilton will be a rockin, Go Hawkeyes!

Last edited:
Re: What's to be leery of?

Just because he didn't commit to us the minute we offered didn't mean he doesn't like Iowa or didn't want to come here.

Exactly. I don't get the folks that say "he doesn't want to be a Hawk" just because he didn't commit the moment we offered him. There's nothing wrong with checking out all of your options.. If Olaseni didn't want to be a Hawk, he wouldn't have committed to us over Auburn, Mississippi and Xavier, who all apparently offered according to his profile. Xavier isn't exactly chopped liver, so I view this as a solid commit.

Olaseni sounds uber athletic and can help us defensively right away, and can hopefully develop his offensive game where he can score some points for us as well. I'm glad to have him.

Just look at the roster Fran inherited a yr ago and where it is right now! Both Fran and the Mayor have raised their team's talent level. I would love to be at BB game next season, Hilton will be a rockin, Go Hawkeyes!

Absolutely. For the first time in a long time, it appears that there won't be talented players transferring out. That has killed both ISU and Iowa.

It's nice to see both teams coming out of their "dark periods".

I was doing some research about recruiting class rankings and came across this gem from Rivals in 2004. Kinda illustrates that there can be a wide variation between what is perceived in recruits to what actually happens:

25. Iowa -Head coach Steve Alford in search for big men who could help in the rugged Big Ten, landed three who should be able to help his frontcourt in the coming years in Seth Gorney, Doug Thomas and Alex Thompson. Small forward J.R. Angle has the potential to be an impact player, especially on the offensive end. Carlton Reed will give valuable minutes off the bench.

Olaseni's a great get for this staff. For a while now, Iowa's been that homely girl at school that no gave the time of day. Well, looks like she went and got herself a makeover last week and is landing some dates after all. Who knows, maybe next year she'll get asked to a dance!

Latest posts