Ohio St suspends Tressell for 2 games

The sad part is, all of these coaches have been doing this for years. This is why they were perennial powerhouses for so long. It is just now catching up to them because of the way media is today.

That is why when these coaches go somewhere else, they dont have near the success--because they arent that great of coaches, they are very good cheaters!

Jim Tressell just admitted that he lied to Ohio St and the NCAA. Ohio St is "self-imposing" a two game suspension on Tressell, plus a 250K fine. This is B___S____.

Tressell should be banned from college football and Ohio State should get the death penalty for this one. The whole athletic department knew about this cover up, but did nothing about it. They wanted to protect Pryor and their chances for a national championship. Unbelievable.

Does this mean we were 9-4 last season?! AWEsome!

Love this quote from Tressel's own book.

"It takes less time to do the right thing than to explain why you did it wrong"

But of course according to Tressel, the only reason he didn't tell anyone was because he didn't know who to tell. Hmm, how about your compliance director or AD, Tressel is so full of ****. This is not only going to cost him his job as football coach but his planned post retirement job in the OSU AD office.

Love this quote from Tressel's own book.

"It takes less time to do the right thing than to explain why you did it wrong"

But of course according to Tressel, the only reason he didn't tell anyone was because he didn't know who to tell. Hmm, how about your compliance director or AD, Tressel is so full of ****. This is not only going to cost him his job as football coach but his planned post retirement job in the OSU AD office.

No it wont.

No it wont.

Bruce Pearl is probably going to lose his job for something much less severe than what Tressel did once the NCAA ruling comes down. The NCAA is going to have a lot of pressure to come down hard on him, I don't think it's going to happen this year, and it will be a long process, but I really think this is eventually going to be the end of his OSU coaching days.

The Watergate breakin didn't cost President Nixon his job. It was the coverup. How is this different?

Bruce Pearl is probably going to lose his job for something much less severe than what Tressel did once the NCAA ruling comes down. The NCAA is going to have a lot of pressure to come down hard on him, I don't think it's going to happen this year, and it will be a long process, but I really think this is eventually going to be the end of his OSU coaching days.

Was Pearl fired by the university or the NCAA?

Was Pearl fired by the university or the NCAA?

He hasn't been fired yet, he was suspended for 8 games by the SEC and the school significantly docked his pay. The NCAA ruling is coming down this summer and Tennessee is preparing for the worst this summer:

"They want to keep Pearl, but they are becoming resigned to the likelihood that the NCAA will make that all but impossible later this summer, either through a lengthy suspension or a show cause penalty"

Clearing up confusion surrounding Jim Calhoun and Bruce Pearl - Seth Davis - SI.com

If they go back and erase OSU 2009 season as well wouldn't that make Iowa the Big Ten champs for that season?

He hasn't been fired yet, he was suspended for 8 games by the SEC and the school significantly docked his pay. The NCAA ruling is coming down this summer and Tennessee is preparing for the worst this summer:

"They want to keep Pearl, but they are becoming resigned to the likelihood that the NCAA will make that all but impossible later this summer, either through a lengthy suspension or a show cause penalty"

Clearing up confusion surrounding Jim Calhoun and Bruce Pearl - Seth Davis - SI.com

I just think Tressel means more to OSU than Pearl did to Tennessee. I think OSU is willing to take a bigger hit to retain him.

This guy perfected paying players and plausible deniability at Youngstown state. Just look up Issacs and Monus. I bet when the AD came to him, Tressel said, "I am not sure of any details," and gave him a wink to let him know not to ask the next question. Then I bet OSU did everything they could to keep the investigative as far from Tressel as they could. Just like with Monus, Tressel can say I never verified anything, nor did I say I didn't know "anything" about it. So, I never lied.

Probably the best thing to do is to organize an e-mail attack on Gee and the Big Ten offices.

Didn't Pearl lie to the NCAA directly, than admit to his violation later, and then repeat the same violation again?

Maybe my info on the two situations isn't accurate but I don't think JT lied to the NCAA which is worse (in their eyes) then the actual violation. He didn't come forward with info that he knew but he didn't "lie" which is the biggest no-no.

Didn't Pearl lie to the NCAA directly, than admit to his violation later, and then repeat the same violation again?

Maybe my info on the two situations isn't accurate but I don't think JT lied to the NCAA which is worse (in their eyes) then the actual violation. He didn't come forward with info that he knew but he didn't "lie" which is the biggest no-no.

Wasn't it reported that before the NCAA sanctioned his players they asked JT if he knew anything about their troubles and he replied, "First I heard about it was when the gov't contacted me."

Wouldn't that be a direct lie?

When OSU self report these violations in December he signed an NCAA Certificate of Compliance form which among other things said, "(Tressel) has reported any knowledge of possible violations to the institution."

Which obviously is not true.

So the questions of the day are:
* when, exactly, did the AD find out?
* what else does Tressel know that he hasn't shared with his AD?

The video is must-see-TV. Tressel struggling with certain questions, actually being cut off from answering at least one... the dynamics are fascinating and indicate to me at least one more shoe to drop.

And Gee deserves to be absolutely crucified for his comment.

Total joke. They should suspend him and the players for 2 Big Ten Games. This is typical NCAA, play softball with their favorites and hard ball with everyone else.

His dead grandmother can coach OSU to a win over Akron and Toledo.

Latest posts