Oh Boy....

No way in the world is Eric May a negative for this team.

Perhaps Jonashawk was referring to the month of May. In that case I guess it is a negative since the hawks won't be able to practice together and get better during that month. ; )

Uh, sorry, but I don't know how you got that out of his post.

I'm the one in the wrong because the poster said I'm and idiot? That is actually a violation of the rules of the board....more so than mine.

And that only illustrates further that you aren't too bright.

May forced some stuff, sure. Make a complaint about that when it's not necessary for him to do so. But he was not a negative today, not even close.

I really couldn't tell much from the game today, other than S. Dak. St looked like a polished team. Some observations:

1. Wow, do we need Gatens in there. His poise and ball-handing were missing. I think we win that game if he plays 35 minutes.
2. Payne was absolutely awful.He also looks heavy to me. He looked nervous and made lots of bad decisions. Hopefully he gets better.... fast. Otherwise, I'd bench him and move on.
3. May has improved. He is a nice looking player; no reason to think he will not keep getting better. Great work ethic. One problem with May is that teams know that he is one of our few weapons, so they really focus on him. He gets better if the team gets better... which we will if Gatens can come back 100%.
4. McCabe may not have the quickness to compete in the Big Ten. I'm really concerned about that.

I think the glaring problem with Iowa basketball right now is that the overall talent to compete in the brutal Big Ten simply is not there. I know this is stating the obvious, but until you get the players, the "system" does not really matter. I would think that Fran's system (which is fun to watch) would be attractive to potential recruits. Hopefully Coach Fran can bring in some real talent. It may take 3 to 5 years. Iowa fans will have to be patient (not a strong suit of ours, frankly).

Compare this to football, where we are getting the players to be "competitive" in the conference.

Broemer is still bad..... Cole is too small at his position.... Payne is not very good..... Basabe and Marble are freshman with lots of potential.... McCabe seems like a poor mans May (not as good).....

Gatens will help a little. I think he and May together will open some driving lanes up. SDSU sagged and we didn't get in the lane very well and when we did we missed lay up after lay-up. I bet we left 14 points in missed lay ups out there.

I will watch all the games but it is going to be a long year.

Gee, maybe we should just cancel the season, dismiss the players and coaches, and start all over from scratch.

I mean, the preponderance of evidence is so large, being based on the huge statistical sample of.....one game.

Cartwright brings us nothing, May is a negative, Basabe playing out of position. Marble and McCabe the two best players on the floor. = long, long, year.

Let me say is nicer. "Only an idiot would say May is a negative." Did you watch any part of the game? Basabe is right where he should be. Do you think he should play point? Marble and McCabe do have a chance to be good. Cartwright has a bad game. He will contribute a lot this year.

Are you sober?:confused:

I thought Jon was crystal clear. I tried to help him out a little, but still no go. I guess we are typing in tongues???

Gee, sorry I disagree with you guys. But I am entitled to my own opinion, aren't I? Wow, you mostly act like a bunch of adolescents when someone says something you disagree with.

That's the way I saw it....That's the way I posted it. Now I'm stupid, dumb, irrelevant, incredulous, and don't know anything about basketball....lol! Some of you need to grow up....We don't have to agree on everything.

Gee, sorry I disagree with you guys. But I am entitled to my own opinion, aren't I? Wow, you mostly act like a bunch of adolescents when someone says something you disagree with.

That's the way I saw it....That's the way I posted it. Now I'm stupid, dumb, irrelevant, incredulous, and don't know anything about basketball....lol! Some of you need to grow up....We don't have to agree on everything.

I don't agree with what you said...but you're right...the responses by some people seemed out of line...especially the ones that are mods of the board. Are we not able to posting dissenting opinions of the team/players without getting personally attacked?

I thought Jon was crystal clear. I tried to help him out a little, but still no go. I guess we are typing in tongues???

Oh forgot one thing. We all know that Jon is always right about everything, don't we. Let's see.....12-0 prediction for the football team.......draw your own conclusions.

You may have been right on alot of that but how can you say May was a negative. Shooting 50% from the field with 3 turnovers in 34 minutes. where was the negative???

What game were you watching? :rolleyes:

May is a negative? I don't even know how to reply to that...

You could provide stats and reasoning to support your position that May is a positive (which I agree with) and have a nice debate about it with the poster. It would be better than the belittling the poster that has said opinions like so many in this thread have done.

This is funny, the OP could not be any more wrong on the bulk of his post, and then whines when other posters point that out to him. Hey, I guess the OP is entitled to his opinion, even if it is wrong.

You could provide stats and reasoning to support your position that May is a positive (which I agree with) and have a nice debate about it with the poster. It would be better than the belittling the poster that has said opinions like so many in this thread have done.
Why would I provide stats when other posters have already done that? I'll just disagree flat out.
Not to mention Eric May is one of the most athletic players Iowa has had in a long time.

Oh forgot one thing. We all know that Jon is always right about everything, don't we. Let's see.....12-0 prediction for the football team.......draw your own conclusions.

Of course I get things wrong. I will again.

But on this topic, related to your comment of Eric May being a negative, I'm not wrong.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. It's just you provide no competent basis for your opinion. Your OP was May was a negative, nothing more. Other posters provided stats that didn't support the opinion. You have not provided any stats, or any other argument to lend credence to your opinion. It's not surprising people pounced on such an opinion. It doesn't make you an idiot, but it does affect your credibility.

Latest posts