Officials handed clowns the game but it does not matter

Our offense hurt us a lot more than one missed call.

Actually we had quite a few scholarship WRs.
They all left the program.
Maybe so, probably so,....heck you are right and the offense is the problem...the definitive problem.... but that 1 call cost us the game. That call gets made and Iowa wins.

I don't think Keegan will be back, doesn't sound like a physical problem, getting three receivers back and a healthy Gavin will help the passing game.
With Keagan, it's a hamstring (as I've seen on other media outlets) and KF indicated yesterday that he is getting close. Could possible see him next Saturday.

I’d say multiple places to put the blame. Oline play, QB play, OC that’s in way over his head and can’t do his job and HC who refuses to address the deficiencies on the offensive end as well as his staff. Or are we blanketing all that under the offense.

I agree, and I was using the blanket approach.

What bothers me about plays like this is that it all depends on how the officials want to call it. This appears to show enough evidence to overturn the call. This crew probably stuck their heads in the sand and refused to overrule the call on the field, despite slowing it down and seeing shots like this. Sometimes they don't want to make each other look bad by overturning the call, IMO. They took the safe, easy route.
Yup. That is it, again and again.

Look we were all saying this shit last year and we won the West. Everyone in the division lost! We don't have a Big loss yet. The ship can be righted. The D and ST's have been terrific. The light came on three times in this game for Petras. The turf tackle of was a solid pass and should have been a TD, his scramble was nice, and his late throw to set up the field goal clutch. When Petras gets Nico back it will help. The OL was better. I'm not throwing in the towel and giving into all the doomsayers yet. I fully expect this team to beat Michigan and with a bye week play well at Ohio State and beat the spread. All other games are winnable as they are losable. I still think Iowa has a shot at a 7 win season. Give State credit they put together one good drive.
I hope like hell you are right. I am pretty discouraged right now, as are those with whom I sit in the south end zone. We are a pretty positive group year in, year out. And yes, we are pretty football savvy.

Talent-wise, NR is no better than the walk-ons they're putting out there.

He would be slightly better due to his experience, knowing the "offense", etc., but only barely.

What we NEED is more scholarship WR's w/ better than walk-on skill level.

And between BF and his dad those are gonna be unicorns here.
Look back. We have recruited and signed some pretty high level receivers. However, lots of transfers, injuries have taken a big toll.

We look like Clown fans crying about officiating
But, there are at least legitimate reasons to disagree with the officiating on Saturday. We still have a horrible offense and we will lose plenty more games, but this one would not been one of them with the correct calls on key plays.

This game was not nearly as close as the score indicated.
Our defense took 14 potential ISU points off the board and special teams gave our offense a fifteen yard field for our 7 points.
Could have easily been 16-0, or possibly 24-0 ISU without our defensive / special teams big plays.

Look back. We have recruited and signed some pretty high level receivers. However, lots of transfers, injuries have taken a big toll.

Come on! Injuries and transfers are always a thing for every school.

And, what's your definition of "pretty high level receivers"?

This game was not nearly as close as the score indicated.
Our defense took 14 potential ISU points off the board and special teams gave our offense a fifteen yard field for our 7 points.
Could have easily been 16-0, or possibly 24-0 ISU without our defensive / special teams big plays.
Fair points. ISU had a huge advantage in yards from scrimmage, first downs, and time of possession. We've seen Iowa steal some games like this in the Kirk era but not to be this time.

I just haven't seen a single review that looked conclusively like Pottebaum crossed the goal-line with the ball in his possession. I really wanted to see that, but even my biased-mind couldn't convince my eyes to actually see it.

The officials didnt make the iowa defense allow a 99 yard drive

The officials didnt trot out literally the worst FBS QB in the NATION.

I agree. It looked like Pottebaum got it over, but, even if they called it a TD it would feel like a lost because of how inept the offense is. The should be taking care of business much better and not letting one bad call dictate the game. Don't put yourself in that situation. Iowa doesn't have the offense to take care of business, and that is what is the most alarming.

Disagree. He is better than what we are trotting out there right now. (Except Bruce). We need some help at the position and he will be a good addition. Keagan Johnson will be even bigger and getting Vines and Brecht back will also be a boost. We need scholarship players at WR.

Dude, not to disrespect to Ragaini as he's a good player, but if you are relying on Ragaini to be the savior for the team, you have some team issues going on. It's not a good sign. Iowa still should not be last in offense in FBS football.

The problem is our O-line and we have a deer in headlights QB.

Didn't say we would win them but bet the defense gives us a chance.

Yea, but I don't care. If we win just with our defense, It's at the point it will still be unfulfilling. Yea, it was kind of fun last year with the defense and punting, but if it continues to happen it is going to be so underwhelming.

So the game depended on the two possessions where they gifted us the ball inside their 25 yard line. I’d say it was determined by what our offense managed to do (or not do) when they were outside the red zone.

Yep, Iowa was horrific at long drives last year. That seems to be the same again this year.

Latest posts