******OFFICIAL: WHO WILL BE KNEELING THIS FALL THREAD*******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't jump to any conclusions. NASCAR issued a statement saying it was a noose.

Other tracks have that tie on many garages. 'Dega got a new garage last fall so only one had been tied off. You didn't jump to a conclusion, but you parroted yet another false story despite the fact that evidence had surfaced quickly (and was available before your post) stating that this was either a hoax or misunderstanding. I can't even keep track of how many of these "rush to judgment stories" are utter fabrications anymore. Duke Lacrosse, Jussie Smollett, the burka pull stories, etc. The demand for those stories is very high, yet the supply is low, so low that it has to be manufactured.

Other tracks have that tie on many garages. 'Dega got a new garage last fall so only one had been tied off. You didn't jump to a conclusion, but you parroted yet another false story despite the fact that evidence had surfaced quickly (and was available before your post) stating that this was either a hoax or misunderstanding. I can't even keep track of how many of these "rush to judgment stories" are utter fabrications anymore. Duke Lacrosse, Jussie Smollett, the burka pull stories, etc. The demand for those stories is very high, yet the supply is low, so low that it has to be manufactured.

I disagree. I think there are plenty of signs of racism in this country and it's a constant flow. Because a percentage of them, I don't know what that is, turn out to be thankfully false doesn't negate racism in this country. And what other false stories am I "parroting?"

Just because, thank God, this wasn't hate crime doesn't negate the racism in this country. Did you see the comments being made by people in regards to this story both before and after the investigation?

Did you see the Confederate flag being pulled by a plane above the racetrack? How about the folks waving the Confederate flag outside the track? How about the reaction to the Confederate flag being banned at NASCAR events? And a lot of other drivers and crews believed the noose story possible by the show of unity Monday when they walked Wallace out on the track.

I disagree. I think there are plenty of signs of racism in this country and it's a constant flow. Because a percentage of them, I don't know what that is, turn out to be thankfully false doesn't negate racism in this country. And what other false stories am I "parroting?"

Just because, thank God, this wasn't hate crime doesn't negate the racism in this country. Did you see the comments being made by people in regards to this story both before and after the investigation?

Did you see the Confederate flag being pulled by a plane above the racetrack? How about the folks waving the Confederate flag outside the track? How about the reaction to the Confederate flag being banned at NASCAR events? And a lot of other drivers and crews believed the noose story possible by the show of unity Monday when they walked Wallace out on the track.

Here it is folks, "whataboutism's" cousin, "howaboutism." Courtesy of Rob.

That actually made me laugh. :D

Good, because I'm busting your balls and hoping it makes a point that resonates with you. You media guys have got to fucking ask questions and show some level of skepticism on some of this shit and don't buy into The Narrative immediately without facts. Bubba didn't have anything to do with this issue, but now he's getting put on the defensive and making himself look bad by doubling down. This should have never been a story to begin with.

One other history lesson. The flag NASCAR banned (which I thought they should have banned in 1990 as the sport started going far more national) is the Virginia battle flag. The actual first confederate flag is basically what is now the Georgia state flag minus the logo inside the stars. They later adopted the Virginia battle flag in the upper left against a big white background as the second confederate flag. Just purely an FYI.

I have heard uncorroborated rumors* that you once had a Dukes of Hazzard lunchbox in 1982. I hope that no pictures of you surface with said lunchbox, but I'll have your back if they do.

*Source of rumors = voices in my head and pure speculation based on your age.

Good, because I'm busting your balls and hoping it makes a point that resonates with you. You media guys have got to fucking ask questions and show some level of skepticism on some of this shit and don't buy into The Narrative immediately without facts. Bubba didn't have anything to do with this issue, but now he's getting put on the defensive and making himself look bad by doubling down. This should have never been a story to begin with.

One other history lesson. The flag NASCAR banned (which I thought they should have banned in 1990 as the sport started going far more national) is the Virginia battle flag. The actual first confederate flag is basically what is now the Georgia state flag minus the logo inside the stars. They later adopted the Virginia battle flag in the upper left against a big white background as the second confederate flag. Just purely an FYI.

I have heard uncorroborated rumors* that you once had a Dukes of Hazzard lunchbox in 1982. I hope that no pictures of you surface with said lunchbox, but I'll have your back if they do.

*Source of rumors = voices in my head and pure speculation based on your age.

I was not a fan of Dukes of Hazard. My brother loved it, and we would come to blows over the TV.

I think this story was less about the media and more about NASCAR's initial reaction. Yes, there were commentators/columnists who went over the top with their opinions on the matter. But NASCAR is the reason this was a story. It released a statement Sunday. News outlets reported that, including those that are considered conservative.

Back to what I was trying to point out in 100 different posts in a hundred different ways.
The reason why everyone is on here is because they are Hawkeye fans. That right there skews ones perception and thought process.
If you walk around all day thinking about sex, you will notice features of others, billboards, commercials, with attractive people more than you normally would.
If you are thinking about food, everywhere you turn you notice smells and food is everywhere.
What you tell your brain is what you notice. However it goes beyond that. If you are thinking about food and you catch some one saying hand me a piece of chalk, your brain can take the words piece of and turn them into pizza. Bad example I know but the principal is sound. We have all seen the memes and pictures of a carrot that looks like it has a pecker, or whatever. It doesn't obviously, but that's what we see.

So now what happens to someone like Gold?? They are constantly thinking about and looking for racism. What do you think they are going to see? Even if it's not real, their mind automatically goes there.

Again I am not saying racism doesn't exist or isn't real, I am saying that one must be careful in claiming it.
Another point of consideration is this. When your child is scared of something that you know they have no reason to be, ,it doesn't make it less real to them. They will try to get you to see from their perspective why their fear is valid and you will try to get them to see from your perspective why it is not.
Just something to think about.

I was not a fan of Dukes of Hazard. My brother loved it, and we would come to blows over the TV.

I think this story was less about the media and more about NASCAR's initial reaction. Yes, there were commentators/columnists who went over the top with their opinions on the matter. But NASCAR is the reason this was a story. It released a statement Sunday. News outlets reported that, including those that are considered conservative.

Who has two thumbs and met Boss Hogg at Merle Hay Mall? This guy.

Tony Timpa was killed in the same way as George Floyd. Murdered by bad cops. You've never heard of him. There's a reason for that. White on white crime. "... by any means necessary ... " Remember where you have heard that in a historical context.

Tony Timpa was killed in the same way as George Floyd. Murdered by bad cops. You've never heard of him. There's a reason for that. White on white crime. "... by any means necessary ... " Remember where you have heard that in a historical context.
90-Day-Fiance-Big-Ed-Before-the-90-Days-009.jpg

It is pretty sad that there are a few closet racists showing up with stories to distract from the concerns expressed by millions of white, black, Hispanic, Asian and multiple religions. Must have taken a while to find those incidents. At least anyone with half a brain can tell who you are and despise your bias. Yup. The are right in this thread for you to see.

The FBI has evidence of an extremist group that plans on blowing up Mt. Rushmore. The leader is known online by the alias cousinbreederstalkertroll.

This is the picture they supplied to the public for identification:

5-reasons-why-dating-an-ugl.jpg

Gold and Huck, please share the name of this person with the authorities if you have it. TIA.

Back to what I was trying to point out in 100 different posts in a hundred different ways.
The reason why everyone is on here is because they are Hawkeye fans. That right there skews ones perception and thought process.
If you walk around all day thinking about sex, you will notice features of others, billboards, commercials, with attractive people more than you normally would.
If you are thinking about food, everywhere you turn you notice smells and food is everywhere.
What you tell your brain is what you notice. However it goes beyond that. If you are thinking about food and you catch some one saying hand me a piece of chalk, your brain can take the words piece of and turn them into pizza. Bad example I know but the principal is sound. We have all seen the memes and pictures of a carrot that looks like it has a pecker, or whatever. It doesn't obviously, but that's what we see.

So now what happens to someone like Gold?? They are constantly thinking about and looking for racism. What do you think they are going to see? Even if it's not real, their mind automatically goes there.

Again I am not saying racism doesn't exist or isn't real, I am saying that one must be careful in claiming it.
Another point of consideration is this. When your child is scared of something that you know they have no reason to be, ,it doesn't make it less real to them. They will try to get you to see from their perspective why their fear is valid and you will try to get them to see from your perspective why it is not.
Just something to think about.

Nice 4th ...you bout out of downs? The problem is the reverse. You choose to ignore what is in your face as it doesn't fit your beliefs.

About Fran, he is a problem with or without racism. Days of his type behavior is an issue. You can't have it both ways. People were so supportive of Capn and his minion Doyle...the players impacted should have been sought out about Rhabdo.

Recent transfers out of bb should be sought out and interviewed internally and by the press.

The FBI has evidence of an extremist group that plans on blowing up Mt. Rushmore. The leader is known online by the alias cousinbreederstalkertroll.

Gold and Huck, please share the name of this person with the authorities if you have it. TIA.

You are unabashedly racist. Just admit it.

Well, he/she or whatever it wants to call itself should not be too hard to identify in a police lineup. These people are not the sharpest pencils in the box, hopefully they take a wrong turn and end up in Sturgis.

Nice 4th ...you bout out of downs? The problem is the reverse. You choose to ignore what is in your face as it doesn't fit your beliefs.

About Fran, he is a problem with or without racism. Days of his type behavior is an issue. You can't have it both ways. People were so supportive of Capn and his minion Doyle...the players impacted should have been sought out about Rhabdo.

Recent transfers out of bb should be sought out and interviewed internally and by the press.

Oh I think I punched that one in for the score.

Sorry to disappoint you but my family and I have loved the Black Hills as well as Mt. Rushmore, for decades. I am very happy that the hero of the Sioux Nation, Crazy Horse, is being memorialized. I have visited the monument on 4 occasions to watch it progress. The museum and the grounds are spectacular. They need $$, and in my small way, I have helped.
Instead of making stupid insulting comments with an apparent attempt to expand your racist views to include Native Americans, you might want to just STFU. Bye.

You should be more creative. Come up with your own idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts