******OFFICIAL: WHO WILL BE KNEELING THIS FALL THREAD*******

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when Obama was president and he took 25% more Somalian imigrants than any other nationality, was that racist? When people said black power was that racist? Or didn't any of this not exist back then?
As for the second video, I am not even going to watch it, because we could both fire off example after example of how it is just as hard for Joe Dirt white boy to get an education. Placeism is very real, but it has nothing to do with racism.

Taking refugees takes a long time and is dependent on a number of things, likely the least of which has to do with the race of any nation.

SPTRefugeesAsyleesFig2.png

SPTRefugeesAsyleesFig3.png

Over the past decade, refugees from Burma have been the largest group resettled to the United States, representing 21 percent (138,861) of the 648,482 refugees admitted between FY 2009 and through April 30, 2019. Iraqis were next at 20 percent (127,478 individuals), followed by the Bhutanese at 14 percent (90,841 refugees). In 2014, UNHCR closed its resettlement program in Thailand for refugees from Burma. Later, in 2018, it did the same in Nepal. The closures dramatically stemmed the flow of Burmese and Bhutanese refugees who relied on these programs for resettlement. Between 2016 and 2017, 59 percent fewer refugees arrived from Burma. And although flows from Bhutan have been slowly decreasing for a decade, just 19 Bhutanese refugees had been admitted in the first seven months of FY 2019.

"Obama settled 43,000 Somalian refugees in Minnesota. As of 2016, there were around 80,000. No wonder Ilhan Omar was elected. It was planned."

The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

The Minneapolis area is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, hub for Somali-Americans in the country, and many of them came as refugees. Omar herself came to the United States as a refugee in 1995.

However, the post is wrong on multiple levels.

Did Obama settle 43,000 Somali refugees in Minnesota?
For refugee resettlement figures on Obama’s watch, we turned to an interactive website from the Refugee Processing Center that provides data going back to 2002.

As it turns out, 6,320 refugees from Somalia were resettled in Minnesota between 2009 and 2017, when Obama served as president. That’s about one-seventh of the amount claimed in the meme.

That’s fewer than the number settled in Minnesota during the final seven years of the George W. Bush presidency. From 2002 to 2008, the government resettled 9,858 Somalis in Minnesota.

The number of U.S. refugees from Syria and Iran dropped considerably in FY18 due to implementation of the latest version of the Trump administration’s travel ban, which prevents individuals from Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen and certain government officials from Venezuela from entering the U.S. Because the travel ban has been in effect since June 2018 after being blocked by courts for nine months, the two countries are no longer among the top 10 countries of origin for U.S. refugees.

Guess what? You won't be disrespecting the flag if you play for the Dallas cowboys. If you do you'll be sitting on the bench.

Guess what? You won't be disrespecting the flag if you play for the Dallas cowboys. If you do you'll be sitting on the bench.
It's about the anthem and a nation not willing to change about racism.

What else do you want to be wrong about today?

It's about the anthem and a nation not willing to change about racism.

What else do you want to be wrong about today?

Right, it's also about a flag. It's about this or that. Always something else.
I happen to know people in every corner of Minnesota. I lived just outside of Minneapolis for a number of years. So don't try and tell me shit. I was there.
Google Saint Cloud and how the citizens there were trying to block several thousand Somalians from being relocated there.
Google violence in Minneapolis, especially downtown after the taking in of Somalians.
Actually why don't you just research anything? Your lack of knowledge is appalling. From immigration to the Confederate flag.
Rob I didn't lose, it's just like arguing with a child or a drunk. It's fun at first, but pretty soon you realize that the synapses are just not firing very fast and it not only isn't fun anymore, it's down right annoying.
Have a great Sunday everyone.

I happen to know people in every corner of Minnesota. I lived just outside of Minneapolis for a number of years. So don't try and tell me shit. I was there.
Google Saint Cloud and how the citizens there were trying to block several thousand Somalians from being relocated there.
Google violence in Minneapolis, especially downtown after the taking in of Somalians.
Actually why don't you just research anything? Your lack of knowledge is appalling. From immigration to the Confederate flag.
Rob I didn't lose, it's just like arguing with a child or a drunk. It's fun at first, but pretty soon you realize that the synapses are just not firing very fast and it not only isn't fun anymore, it's down right annoying.

You are a source of fake news about the numbers. About violence, I didn't look that up, but poverty around the world tends to lead to violence. Your world is changing and you are scared.

Most refugees come from war torn area....also known as violence. Afton, Mo has been a success story where enemies live side by side. They come here with nothing.

I challenge you to do some observing of Council Bluffs, particularly in certain areas where poor whites have basically been isolated. It's quite sad.

Hey since you want to live in the past, bring up history and talk about how racism is wide spread and systematic.
Here is some links for you.
Any of this look familiar??? Change the black panther salute for taking a knee.
Rob, you brought up white pride, so educate yourself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/196...AfjldL6MmEbN-lPvugfKG0fGRQZJBo7txCC3Zaj-dmzKo

https://vault.fbi.gov/Black Panther...MsNRViPlvCJXOR5nzNTsyheYyNSOJLFo02CoayTc6bASk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...-w46iR-Odioz_YUxxxlK2mpxAPS5wKZz7ejPKjIlkK_48

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ks...YMm2k6EuR8InU_BK_RnvA6IP_UDcAxK9v0F4wH_w2p6LQ

All more recent history than slavery, the Confederate flag, statues or whatever else you want to bitch and complain about.
You want to talk about organized? About systematic? About how white pride is racist but black pride isn't? Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts