** OFFICIAL ST. LOUIS CARDINALS FAN THREAD **

goods10

I figured the defending World Series Champions deserved its own thread for our fans on HN.

Feel free to post any questions, comments, news about the Cardinals here!

I love our pitching staff so far and that is even without Carp! Once he comes back to the rotation in May look out.
Freese is a complete stud. I really hope he can have a healthy 2012. If he stays healthy I see great things happening for this ball club not to mention my fantasy baseball team :D

Off to a 4-1 start while Pujols is struggling in Cali.

As long as they can stay relatively healthy the Central division winner is going to be the Redbirds.

As long as they can stay relatively healthy the Central division winner is going to be the Redbirds.
Yeah I don't think there is any question. The Cardinals cannot absorb a lot of injuries this season so yeah staying healthy is the key.

If Lohse can pitch 75% as good the rest of the season as he did in the opener the Cards will be just fine. I'll admit that when I saw he was the opening day starter I was really disappointed.

76895grandpasimpson-vi.gif

I'm still a little worried about the pitching staff. It usually takes 2 years to come back from Tommy John surgury, so I'm not expecting the Wainwright of old. If he can get 12-13 wins I'll be happy. Carp is getting up there in age so who knows how he'll perform when he gets back.

Is Allen Craig out for the year? I haven't been following them too closely in the offseason.

Last edited:
I'm still a little worried about the pitching staff. It usually takes 2 years to come back from Tommy John surgury, so I'm not expecting the Wainwright of old. If he can get 12-13 wins I'll be happy. Carp is getting up there in age so who knows how he'll perform when he gets back.

Is Allen Craig out for the year? I haven't been following them too closely in the offseason.
Craig is suppose to be back Late April-Early May time frame.

I think Wainwright will be fine. Tommy John surgery isn't as big of a deal now like it was several years ago.

Allen Craig played in some of the minor league spring training games and I guess was feeling a lot better.

He should go on a rehab assignment in the next 3 weeks I would guess as long as he does not have any set backs.

Skip is out as well with an oblique strain and is expected to go on a rehab assignment in the next week or so I guess.

Skip will be back first so I am guessing that Shane Robinson or Matt Carpenter will be sent down. When Craig comes back then who ever was not sent down when Skip returns will be sent down when Craig returns.

I also liked the hire of Matheny as the manager. If our staff can stay healthy, I'm feeling good about this season.

Latest posts