** OFFICIAL ST. LOUIS CARDINALS FAN THREAD **

Cub fan when the Cubs beat the Cards = Cyclone fan when they beat Iowa in football.

\ducks
\\leaving thread
\\\Slashies!!

Bad analogy, not even close. Cub and Cardinal fans have been hating each other way before you and I have been alive. Cubs do not have to go out and get a loan to finance their scoreboard.

Cub fans are definitely the equivalent of Clone fans.

Not even close. While the Cubs have not won a WS since 1908 the Clones have not won a NC in a major sport since uh...................

Overall series record.

1,096 to 1,054 CUBS

Who is the little brother? ;):D:eek:

And I don't care about your 11 world series. At least we have won back to back titles!!

Bad analogy, not even close. Cub and Cardinal fans have been hating each other way before you and I have been alive. Cubs do not have to go out and get a loan to finance their scoreboard.

You realize, almost every school takes on debt projects right?

I'm sure Iowa is paying for their new practice facility in straight up cash right?

Overall series record.

1,096 to 1,054 CUBS

Who is the little brother? ;):D:eek:

And I don't care about your 11 world series. At least we have won back to back titles!!

No offense - but isn't this the exact argument for Iowa being Iowa States Super Bowl? The fact that cubs fans would rather beat St. Louis vs. winning the world series? Just curious on that....

No offense - but isn't this the exact argument for Iowa being Iowa States Super Bowl? The fact that cubs fans would rather beat St. Louis vs. winning the world series? Just curious on that....

Not the case. All cubs fans would give every win to the cardinals if it meant a world series title. However, we are realists this year and know it won't happen, so we do take some joy in beating a division rival.

Not the case. All cubs fans would give every win to the cardinals if it meant a world series title. However, we are realists this year and know it won't happen, so we do take some joy in beating a division rival.

You need to be realists EVERY year, but because it hasn't happened in your lifetime and you will be lucky if it does.

You need to be realists EVERY year, but because it hasn't happened in your lifetime and you will be lucky if it does.

8 years ago you would have said the same thing to the Red Sox fans and now they have 2. Of course it would be luck, all championships involve luck, just think of the cards last year, lots of luck involved there. We will be realists, I don't think anyone thought the cubs would be in the playoffs this year, or many thought that. But we still cheer for our team and enjoy the victories.

8 years ago you would have said the same thing to the Red Sox fans and now they have 2. Of course it would be luck, all championships involve luck, just think of the cards last year, lots of luck involved there. We will be realists, I don't think anyone thought the cubs would be in the playoffs this year, or many thought that. But we still cheer for our team and enjoy the victories.

Cheer away, I don't fault you for that. But you forgot that you make your own luck, and the Cubs fail at doing that.

How do you make your own luck? Also the fans have nothing to do with the product on the field.

You have to be good enough to put yourself in situations where luck can take you further.

When did I say the fans had anything to do with the product on the field?

You have to be good enough to put yourself in situations where luck can take you further.

When did I say the fans had anything to do with the product on the field?

I said product on the field has more to do with the luck than the fans. That's what I was saying. I don't see how the fans can help put the team in situations where luck can take you further. I realize the team can do it, just didn't see how the fans can help by wearing the same pair of underwear every game or whatever.

I said product on the field has more to do with the luck than the fans. That's what I was saying. I don't see how the fans can help put the team in situations where luck can take you further. I realize the team can do it, just didn't see how the fans can help by wearing the same pair of underwear every game or whatever.

I wasn't talking about luck from the fans....

You have got to be joking. Almost every Cub fan alive would give about anything just to see them in the World Series. This is just a friendly little barb going back and forth between Hawk fans.

Those of you making the clown comparisons keep in mind that of the Hawkeye fans that care about baseball I think it is safe to say there are more Cub fans than Cardinal fans.

You have got to be joking. Almost every Cub fan alive would give about anything just to see them in the World Series. This is just a friendly little barb going back and forth between Hawk fans.

Those of you making the clown comparisons keep in mind that of the Hawkeye fans that care about baseball I think it is safe to say there are more Cub fans than Cardinal fans.

This Cubs fan would be ok with losing every game in the season to the Cardinals if it means winning the World Series. That world championship is the only thing that means much to me at this point. So in my case, the Iowa/ISU argument doesn't apply.

Lance Lynn is a pleasant surprise so far this year. Was he pegged as a starter going into Spring Training or has he filled that roll because of the Carpenter injury?

Latest posts