** OFFICIAL ST. LOUIS CARDINALS FAN THREAD **

He went in after Carp went down. Although there was a lot of talk early about them trying to move Lohse or Westbrook. I'm not sure if that was because they knew Lynn was ready or trying to pick up a big free agent. Lets just say it has worked out keeping everyone.

No problem. And thanks for last year. We are even.

I don't think I'd go that far. :D

On a serious note, from watching you guys, I'm afraid to say you guys aren't as good as advertised, but should win the great NL Central. Yes, I know it's still very early.

I don't think I'd go that far. :D

On a serious note, from watching you guys, I'm afraid to say you guys aren't as good as advertised, but should win the great NL Central. Yes, I know it's still very early.

I think the Reds will give them a run for the Central.

I wonder how long a 35 year old Beltran can keep up this pace.

Like I tell my Cards buddy at work, Beltran will probably miss about 30 or so games this year with some sort of injury.

And your staff isn't as good as advertised either. The Cards sputtered with RISP. We have been playing without Berkman or Craig for the majority of the year and have been doing just fine. AW is close to being back but still fails to hit the corners like he has in the past. Our starters walked way too many batters in this series. They will be fine. They are, you know, World Series Champs.

And your staff isn't as good as advertised either. The Cards sputtered with RISP. We have been playing without Berkman or Craig for the majority of the year and have been doing just fine. AW is close to being back but still fails to hit the corners like he has in the past. Our starters walked way too many batters in this series. They will be fine. They are, you know, World Series Champs.

Our staff is getting better, we were without Hudson for a while and he is still trying to get into shape. Lohse certainly can't keep this up, and Lynn finally came back down to earth. I would say our staff is better than STL.

Our staff is getting better, we were without Hudson for a while and he is still trying to get into shape. Lohse certainly can't keep this up, and Lynn finally came back down to earth. I would say our staff is better than STL.

Lynn isn't a fluke as long as his velocity stays where it is. Every starter struggles at some point. He has + stuff. Lohse won't be this good, but he is a solid starter. Once AW gets back his strength he is better than anyone on either staff. I would say Atlanta has a better staff but I like our lineup. With Craig they can keep these older guys rested and they can all hit.

Lynn isn't a fluke as long as his velocity stays where it is. Every starter struggles at some point. He has + stuff. Lohse won't be this good, but he is a solid starter. Once AW gets back his strength he is better than anyone on either staff. I would say Atlanta has a better staff but I like our lineup. With Craig they can keep these older guys rested and they can all hit.

Oh I don't think Lynn is a fluke at all, he's a solid pitcher but we know he had to lose sooner or later. He'll win at least 14-16 games I think. I like Atlanta's staff over a lot of staff's in all of MLB, they need to pick it up a little bit though, our offense is carrying the team more than anyone thought right now.

If Beltran misses 30 games, we will be ok. Craig is proving to be a very good player. We just survived Berkman on the DL. Right now we have 3 power hitters for 2 spots. Berkman, Craig and Beltran for 1B and RF.
As for our pitching staff, Carpenter will be back. Hopefully by July. Thats an awesome trade deadline pick up.
AW is getting better, but is still re-learning.

The division is weak. It will come down to the Cards/Reds. And the Reds have Dusty Baker. Advantage Cards.

What is it going to take to get this team back on track? Right now they are playing about as bad as I have seen a Cardinals team play in several years.