!*****Official 'Post Breakout Hawks Get Destroyed By The Undefeated Honey Badger' Game Thread*****!

Stanley 3 Touchdowns

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did you really just say our O line recruiting has been great? Dude...we had to play a guard at tackle early in the season and then we had to rip the red shirt off a true freshman because of our lack of acceptable depth. Yikes...and you're on here trying to argue about recruiting?
Are you on drugs? You are going to label our OL recruiting as bad when we lose 2 senior starters to injury, start 2 freshmen and STILL are going to win 8 games? Go root for your Cyclones lol

Did you really just say our O line recruiting has been great? Dude...we had to play a guard at tackle early in the season and then we had to rip the red shirt off a true freshman because of our lack of acceptable depth. Yikes...and you're on here trying to argue about recruiting?
Point to the statement where i said our OL recruiting was great? Ill wait for your response. Learning to read is helpful when arguing a counter point.

"The 1939 Iowa Hawkeyes became known as The Ironmen. Led by consensus All-American Nile Kinnick, they boasted a remarkable record of 6-1-1, including wins against current #1 Notre Dame, and the returning national champion #2 Minnesota Gophers. The team was beloved by the nation, obsessed with their fast playing no-huddle offense. "

LOL. The 1939 team ran a more exciting offense than the 2017 team. Sad.

I hear the argument for saying we are complacent or losers if we dont expect national title contention every year. I dont live in a ricky bobby world of you're either first or you're last. If it makes someone feel better to want to be Wisconsin and that their results are better than ours over the past 19 yrs, ok, good point. Historically the series is dead even. Historically we rate about the same. Im not getting rid of a coach for this reason.

Never said we are losers. Just tired of the ol' "We cant get a better coach. We are Iowa."

You know what. The grass isnt green here anymore. Its a stale brown color. Time to tear it up and try something different.

Wisconsin has outpaced us. And continues. But our fan base is happy with stagnation. That is the problem.

Are you on drugs? You are going to label our OL recruiting as bad when we lose 2 senior starters to injury, start 2 freshmen and STILL are going to win 8 games? Go root for your Cyclones lol
You still don't get it do you. We have the 117th ranked offense in the country and we gained 66 yards TOTAL last week against a team we should be competitive with. But yeah...everything's all good.

nebraska is down
illinois is down
minny is down
mizzou is down
south dakota has no P5 school
wisky has already filled its class

can't see a reason not to cleanup in the midwest
I can see a reason.
kirk-ferentz-iowa-hawkeyes-tri.jpg

Those 2 SR OTs weren't very good to begin with. Boettger might get drafted late. Myers won't get drafted at all. Part of Boettger's troubles might be the lost time due to injury. If he could have stayed healthy for all 3 years, his story might be different. I'm not so sure this offense would be much better with them in the lineup. Probably still be in the 80-90 rankings.

Those 2 SR OTs weren't very good to begin with. Boettger might get drafted late. Myers won't get drafted at all. Part of Boettger's troubles might be the lost time due to injury. If he could have stayed healthy for all 3 years, his story might be different. I'm not so sure this offense would be much better with them in the lineup. Probably still be in the 80-90 rankings.
Fact: There has NEVER been a real solid reason to question Iowa's production at offensive line.

You still don't get it do you. We have the 117th ranked offense in the country and we gained 66 yards TOTAL last week against a team we should be competitive with. But yeah...everything's all good.
Lol Two freshmen tackles. Youll be thanking your lucky stars next year and beyond...consolation prize is a potential 8-4 season as they develop. Tragic!

Never said we are losers. Just tired of the ol' "We cant get a better coach. We are Iowa."

You know what. The grass isnt green here anymore. Its a stale brown color. Time to tear it up and try something different.

Wisconsin has outpaced us. And continues. But our fan base is happy with stagnation. That is the problem.
We are all happy, its just a handful of you that arent. Its too bad for YOU! Dont feel bad for us. 70,000 people go to games in Kinnick. Feel bad for someone else and yourself.

Fact: There has NEVER been a real solid reason to question Iowa's production at offensive line.
These three words in that sentence should preclude your use of the word "fact". The "real solid reason" I would offer you is that I have watched Myers and Boettger get beaten like rented mules for the past 3 seasons, with my own 2 eyes. We were awful in tackles for loss allowed and sacks allowed last season. That's not all their fault as there are 3 other guys on the line but I know what I saw. And I saw them getting beaten. A lot. And the offense ranked 117th nationally.

These three words in that sentence should preclude your use of the word "fact". The "real solid reason" I would offer you is that I have watched Myers and Boettger get beaten like rented mules for the past 3 seasons, with my own 2 eyes. We were awful in tackles for loss allowed and sacks allowed last season. That's not all their fault as there are 3 other guys on the line but I know what I saw. And I saw them getting beaten. A lot. And the offense ranked 117th nationally.
Fact: You can bag on the same guys that were part of 12-0 and 8-4 regular seasons. Thats 20-4. But you dont need an offensive line to do that. You dont need an offensive line to have 2 1000-yard rushers in a season. Fact: 2 1000-yd rushers in the same season never happened before last year. Fact: 20-4 back to back regular seasons are not common in Iowa football history. Make your agenda as you see fit, FACT: Joe Moore Award winning offensive line. But what do line coaches and former o line studs on that panel know about o line play. Lol take a hike agenda boy lol

Fact: You can bag on the same guys that were part of 12-0 and 8-4 regular seasons. Thats 20-4. But you dont need an offensive line to do that. You dont need an offensive line to have 2 1000-yard rushers in a season. Fact: 2 1000-yd rushers in the same season never happened before last year. Fact: 20-4 back to back regular seasons are not common in Iowa football history. Make your agenda as you see fit, FACT: Joe Moore Award winning offensive line. But what do line coaches and former o line studs on that panel know about o line play. Lol take a hike agenda boy lol
117th in total offense against a garbage schedule. Tackles for loss and sacks allowed -through the roof. Over/under on number of these OL (Myers, Render, Daniels, Welsh, Boettger) are drafted = 2. Over/under on the number of same OL drafted on day 1 = 1.
Every time last season's OL played against a good team, they got beaten like they stole something. (Michigan being the only exception). Help under a hundred yards total rushing in 4 of those games (PSU, Wis, Northwestern and NDSU). If you want to prop them up from offensive performances they put up on 5 teams with a combined 17-44 record....go ahead, agenda boy.

Last edited:
117th in total offense against a garbage schedule. Tackles for loss and sacks allowed -through the roof. Over/under on number of these OL (Myers, Render, Daniels, Welsh, Boettger) are drafted = 2. Over/under on the number of same OL drafted on day 1 = 1.
Every time last season's OL played against a good team, they got beaten like they stole something. (Michigan being the only exception). Help under a hundred yards total rushing in 4 of those games (PSU, Wis, Northwestern and NDSU). If you want to prop them up from offensive performances they put up on 5 teams with a combined 17-44 record....go ahead, agenda boy.
How did we win 20 games? Magic?

So does starting 2 frosh mean we recruited that well and these guys are better or there was a gap in recruiting? Having lived in several Big states and an SEC state I just dont havent seen injuries be used as an excuse as much as Iowa. Fry talked about it but didnt excuse it. He was making a point with the Tulsa loss but dont think he anticpated the loss. Also never have seen using insults about being a rival fan when not being a homer as much as here.

We won 12 and that was because the formula bounced our way. You know the "That's Football" formula. If the bounces go your way, good things happen. If they don't bad things happen. You know, because we play to not lose and leave it to the FG kicker.

When the bounces didnt go our way (MSU) we lost.

That was a great ride. But it wasn't a good team. It was a team that had the "That's Football" formula go our way for 99% of the season. And we played a terrible schedule.

So does starting 2 frosh mean we recruited that well and these guys are better or there was a gap in recruiting? Having lived in several Big states and an SEC state I just dont havent seen injuries be used as an excuse as much as Iowa. Fry talked about it but didnt excuse it. He was making a point with the Tulsa loss but dont think he anticpated the loss. Also never have seen using insults about being a rival fan when not being a homer as much as here.
Can you point out the thread where you said something positive about the Hawks?

Call me a homer...its called being a fan. What shall we call a person that complains all the time about a team he likes? Miserable i believe. Dont hate when everyone else here doesnt wanna be a whiney baby all the time with you. Its ok, its your right to be miserable. KF isnt going anywhere. Chew on your bile a bit more. Mmmm.