!*****Official 'Post Breakout Hawks Get Destroyed By The Undefeated Honey Badger' Game Thread*****!

Stanley 3 Touchdowns

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bielema? What is Arkansas' record with him? He was wildly successful at Wisconsin correct? Why not Arkansas? Is it possible that Wisconsin has more in-state talent year in and year out? Is their closer proximity to larger talent areas of Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, etc an advantage? I think so. Is Arkansas a much better place to coach than Iowa? Most would try to make you think it is. Why isnt Bielema doing better? He just isnt a good coach because....? But he did so well at Wisconsin. Maybe because the former coach was the AD? Maybe our campus is too liberal? Not football focused enough? Too clean? In criticizing the current staff, its hard not to take in consideration the natural and internal barriers that other institutions dont jave to face. I mean, come on, you can name a few Iowa born NFL hall of famers right? When that short list is done, compare to every border state not ending in dakota and how do we stack up? Our #1 recruit for 2018 is a 4*. Highest rated player. Have to fight blue bloods for our highest rated kid. A 4*. Anyone who dreams of national titles or criticizes ANY Iowa staff, past present or future, is just insane. Can it happen, sure. But to expect it to happen and run good coaches out of town when it doesnt...just not good math.

Bielema? What is Arkansas' record with him? He was wildly successful at Wisconsin correct? Why not Arkansas? Is it possible that Wisconsin has more in-state talent year in and year out? Is their closer proximity to larger talent areas of Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, etc an advantage? I think so. Is Arkansas a much better place to coach than Iowa? Most would try to make you think it is. Why isnt Bielema doing better? He just isnt a good coach because....? But he did so well at Wisconsin. Maybe because the former coach was the AD? Maybe our campus is too liberal? Not football focused enough? Too clean? In criticizing the current staff, its hard not to take in consideration the natural and internal barriers that other institutions dont jave to face. I mean, come on, you can name a few Iowa born NFL hall of famers right? When that short list is done, compare to every border state not ending in dakota and how do we stack up? Our #1 recruit for 2018 is a 4*. Highest rated player. Have to fight blue bloods for our highest rated kid. A 4*. Anyone who dreams of national titles or criticizes ANY Iowa staff, past present or future, is just insane. Can it happen, sure. But to expect it to happen and run good coaches out of town when it doesnt...just not good math.
What are their recruiting rankings? They are about Iowas level. This whole population/recruiting in state thing is stupid. How many huge urban populations are within 6 hours drive of Iowa city? Iowa city is smack dab in the middle of Minneapolis, Omaha, KC, STL, Milwaukee, Chicago. Indianapolis is 6 hours. It's not about in state population anymore -- maybe in the 80s and 90s but kids now want to go okay for successful and exciting programs. We ain't one of them, which is why we can't get any skill players. Has nothing to do with out state population.

What are their recruiting rankings? They are about Iowas level. This whole population/recruiting in state thing is stupid. How many huge urban populations are within 6 hours drive of Iowa city? Iowa city is smack dab in the middle of Minneapolis, Omaha, KC, STL, Milwaukee, Chicago. Indianapolis is 6 hours. It's not about in state population anymore -- maybe in the 80s and 90s but kids now want to go okay for successful and exciting programs. We ain't one of them, which is why we can't get any skill players. Has nothing to do with out state population.

nebraska is down
illinois is down
minny is down
mizzou is down
south dakota has no P5 school
wisky has already filled its class

can't see a reason not to cleanup in the midwest

Nothing to do with Iowa's population? Nothing to do with the 4* or 5* talent level in Iowa? Quiz random recruit and how many can pick out the state of Iowa on a map? How many choose to go to an upper midwest program with cold winters? Name a school with national championships from the midwest (expanded ...Ohio?)in the last 50 years not named Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan or Notre Dame. Dont all of these other schools have access to these kids? A lot of failing programs it seems, not just Iowa. But youre right, geography has NOTHING to do with it.

Nothing to do with Iowa's population? Nothing to do with the 4* or 5* talent level in Iowa? Quiz random recruit and how many can pick out the state of Iowa on a map? How many choose to go to an upper midwest program with cold winters? Name a school with national championships from the midwest (expanded ...Ohio?)in the last 50 years not named Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan or Notre Dame. Dont all of these other schools have access to these kids? A lot of failing programs it seems, not just Iowa. But youre right, geography has NOTHING to do with it.
You act like this is 1920 and people travel via horse and buggy. Iowa City is geographically situated in much better position to major us cities more so than a lot of places. Let's add up all of the talent within a six hour drive and see how many quality recruits are in that area. Using geography is an excuse. If you're at a disadvantage, use your resources differently to give yourself the best possible position you can. Do you honestly think Iowa uses its resources to maximize its recruiting? If you do, I have this awesome bridge to sell you.

nebraska is down
illinois is down
minny is down
mizzou is down
south dakota has no P5 school
wisky has already filled its class

can't see a reason not to cleanup in the midwest
Right. And you can pick from Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Georgia, Texas, USC, UCLA, Ohio State, Michigan, Stanford, LSU, Oklahoma, Notre Dame.....but you are a smart kid, youre gonna pick Iowa because 1. They produce pros....oh wait they all do. 2. Its warm. 3. They play in the big ten...oh wait, sec, big 12, pac12, acc 4. Iowa pays...no, wait, thats not us. 5. You can be paired with 27 other 4* or 5* teammates.

All you guys that like each others posts as regular as Jamie Lee Curtis on Activia or Iowa State fans being disappointed in life ALL want to talk a big game, but you dont have an answer. You just want to whine. Find a friend who can make sentences and write your A.D. Suggest a coach who wants to do the ALL-TIME coaching job of making Iowa a national champ. I like your enthusiasm. I like the want to be champs. Id DUMP KF today if you PROMISE me a consistent clean run at national championships. These colors dont run. Id thank KF for watching over our program and wish him the best. But im not willing to sacrafice our current program for throwing darts at a board while blinfolded standing in an Iowa State style shark infested pool. Catch my drift. A goal without a plan is just a dream, and you like to watch a lot of scary clown (clone) movies.

You act like this is 1920 and people travel via horse and buggy. Iowa City is geographically situated in much better position to major us cities more so than a lot of places. Let's add up all of the talent within a six hour drive and see how many quality recruits are in that area. Using geography is an excuse. If you're at a disadvantage, use your resources differently to give yourself the best possible position you can. Do you honestly think Iowa uses its resources to maximize its recruiting? If you do, I have this awesome bridge to sell you.
You are smart. List all of the schools in the past 25 years that are not on a coast, in the south or Ohio State that have won national championships. But geography would have nothing to do with that. You can take the 18 yr old kid element out of the argument to skew the results or argument your way...technology was a nice touch there lol....but in the real world a kid will choose a coast, the south or a blue blood 99/100 times.

You are smart. List all of the schools in the past 25 years that are not on a coast, in the south or Ohio State that have won national championships. But geography would have nothing to do with that. You can take the 18 yr old kid element out of the argument to skew the results or argument your way...technology was a nice touch there lol....but in the real world a kid will choose a coast, the south or a blue blood 99/100 times.
Who said national championships? This isn't an either or proposition. I want Iowa to recruit better talent so they can win a BIG championship. I guess that's too much to ask huh? We're just little ole Iowa. Why even field a football team then? If the goal isn't to win football games and BIG championships, why even compete? Why spend the money? If it's useless for a program like Iowa why not cancel all of the football programs not on the coasts or in the south? Defending a lazy recruiting strategy...sounds about right for some of the fans on this board. Same folks who are thrilled for the 117th rated offense in the country. Woohoo, the fruits of your recruiting strategy are finally paying off.

Who said national championships? This isn't an either or proposition. I want Iowa to recruit better talent so they can win a BIG championship. I guess that's too much to ask huh? We're just little ole Iowa. Why even field a football team then? If the goal isn't to win football games and BIG championships, why even compete? Why spend the money? If it's useless for a program like Iowa why not cancel all of the football programs not on the coasts or in the south? Defending a lazy recruiting strategy...sounds about right for some of the fans on this board. Same folks who are thrilled for the 117th rated offense in the country. Woohoo, the fruits of your recruiting strategy are finally paying off.
Iowa wasnt 12-0 and in the big ten championship game lost by a yard a couple years ago? Ferentz doesnt have more top 10 finishes than fry? So Fry could recruit but...he was a terrible coach....a choke...what is your answer there? Honestly, i will repeat, wine wine wine....wheres your cheese? What is your answer? Pick anyone and start just taking shots and hope they work out. Im sickened by people who cry for change, grass is greener, but NO idea, no plan, no realistic expectation for the vehicle that will lead us to the promised land. Ok, im on your side now. I want big ten championships. I want titles. **POOF** MAGIC! Wow, all we had to do was hope. Neato!!! Why didnt anyone else figure that out?

What is useless about enjoying cheering for a collegiate football program who wins at an all-time top 25 clip? Only the top 24 teams are trying? Im not great at math....but...100+ div 1 programs have A LOT bigger gripe than YOU!

Iowa wasnt 12-0 and in the big ten championship game lost by a yard a couple years ago? Ferentz doesnt have more top 10 finishes than fry? So Fry could recruit but...he was a terrible coach....a choke...what is your answer there? Honestly, i will repeat, wine wine wine....wheres your cheese? What is your answer? Pick anyone and start just taking shots and hope they work out. Im sickened by people who cry for change, grass is greener, but NO idea, no plan, no realistic expectation for the vehicle that will lead us to the promised land. Ok, im on your side now. I want big ten championships. I want titles. **POOF** MAGIC! Wow, all we had to do was hope. Neato!!! Why didnt anyone else figure that out?
These are all straw mans. Who brought up anything about Frys recruiting? What does HF have to do with KF recruiting strategies? Yes, Iowa was 12-2 two years ago and lost in BIG championship game. What's your point? We were also eliminated from the BIG race this year by the beginning of November...before we even played Wisconsin. I've already given you a plan. We need to develop a new resource allocation strategy with respect to recruiting. We need to change the way we pitch recruits and change the type of kids we recruit. There is NO reason to not be getting 3 and 4 star OL recruits every year with the way we've put OL in the NFL. Same should be true of LBs and TEs. There are ways we can get former players involved besides honorary captains. None of this is being done currently.

But, but what coach would EVER come to Iowa? We should just feel graced that we have a coach that is a good guy. Heck, he wins 8 games a year? That next coach we hire might only win 7. Then what? No good coach would ever come to a program that is in the top 20 in revenue, that has brand new, great practice facilities. That has a fan base that is feverish and forgiving. That has a press corp that is weak at best. That has a group of boosters that will give money hand over fist. That has a stadium that is rated in the top 20 of difficult places to play. That plays in a power 5 conference.

Why would a coach want these things. Heck, I imagine they would stay at ISU or a MAC school. Or any other school outside the power 5 conferences.

Come on, man. We are IOWA. Why would a coach even think of coming here. You really think Bob Stoops would consider Iowa?

Get with the program.

But, but what coach would EVER come to Iowa? We should just feel graced that we have a coach that is a good guy. Heck, he wins 8 games a year? That next coach we hire might only win 7. Then what? No good coach would ever come to a program that is in the top 20 in revenue, that has brand new, great practice facilities. That has a fan base that is feverish and forgiving. That has a press corp that is weak at best. That has a group of booster that will give money hand over fist. That has a stadium that is rated in the top 20 of difficult places to play. That plys in a power 5 conference.

Why would a coach want these things. Heck, I imagine they would stay at ISU or a MAC school. Or any other school outside the power 5 conferences.

Come on, man. We are IOWA. Why would a coach even think of coming here. You really think Bob Stoops would consider Iowa?

Get with the program.
Oh...and you forgot to mention how Iowa ranks in the bottom 20 states of population which automatically means that there aren't any good players to recruit.

These are all straw mans. Who brought up anything about Frys recruiting? What does HF have to do with KF recruiting strategies? Yes, Iowa was 12-2 two years ago and lost in BIG championship game. What's your point? We were also eliminated from the BIG race this year by the beginning of November...before we even played Wisconsin. I've already given you a plan. We need to develop a new resource allocation strategy with respect to recruiting. We need to change the way we pitch recruits and change the type of kids we recruit. There is NO reason to not be getting 3 and 4 star OL recruits every year with the way we've put OL in the NFL. Same should be true of LBs and TEs. There are ways we can get former players involved besides honorary captains. None of this is being done currently.
How many 4 star linemen are committed for 2019? I guess maybe they took all of your ideas and applied them. And if YOU think we need better recruitment of offensive linemen...lol....ANYTHING you say about recruiting going forward is garbage. Had you said WR, i might have cut you some slack. The part that you are missing.....1) Selling Iowa is easy, 2) Finding someone to sell Iowa is easy. Your plan is great structurally until it is facing the live ammunition of kids getting to choose between iowa OR insert ANY blue blood program HERE

How many 4 star linemen are committed for 2019? I guess maybe they took all of your ideas and applied them. And if YOU think we need better recruitment of offensive linemen...lol....ANYTHING you say about recruiting going forward is garbage. Had you said WR, i might have cut you some slack. The part that you are missing.....1) Selling Iowa is easy, 2) Finding someone to sell Iowa is easy. Your plan is great structurally until it is facing the live ammunition of kids getting to choose between iowa OR insert ANY blue blood program HERE

Right? And Wisconsin doesnt face any of these problems. And look how consistently crappy they are. And they have had 3 coaches in the last decade. And they are always worse.

Did you really just say our O line recruiting has been great? Dude...we had to play a guard at tackle early in the season and then we had to rip the red shirt off a true freshman because of our lack of acceptable depth. Yikes...and you're on here trying to argue about recruiting?

Right? And Wisconsin doesnt face any of these problems. And look how consistently crappy they are. And they have had 3 coaches in the last decade. And they are always worse.
I hear the argument for saying we are complacent or losers if we dont expect national title contention every year. I dont live in a ricky bobby world of you're either first or you're last. If it makes someone feel better to want to be Wisconsin and that their results are better than ours over the past 19 yrs, ok, good point. Historically the series is dead even. Historically we rate about the same. Im not getting rid of a coach for this reason.

Latest posts