***Official Phonetics 101 "Is It CO Burn or COCK Burn?" Game Thread***

I smell an upset by a 12 seed in the first round as some streaky guard on Podunk State drains 20 3s.

Horrible, overplay defense leaves wide open 3’s + low back court athleticism = no sweet 16. It’s great to have shooting “threats” but, in Iowa’s case, if they ALL are not on it’s nothing but paper potential.
Enjoy Lukas farewell few games but it’s simply not going to be anything special in the tourney. Just don’t have the complete set of goods.

Horrible, overplay defense leaves wide open 3’s + low back court athleticism = no sweet 16. It’s great to have shooting “threats” but, in Iowa’s case, if they ALL are not on it’s nothing but paper potential.
Enjoy Lukas farewell few games but it’s simply not going to be anything special in the tourney. Just don’t have the complete set of goods.
Luka might have played his worst game in two years tonight.

If we lay an egg against MSU (and don’t be shocked if Izzo and the refs screw us) we could very well end the year losing 12 straight and missing the tournament. Look at the schedule and tell me I’m crazy.

I really admired the level of play by both teams. It was a great game to watch, except the end, of course. I have not read any of the posts on this thread and I will not submit myself to the likely barrage of nonsense by the usual suspects. I still think Iowa has a good shot to win the conference. I also in no way believe they are not a top 10, or better, team. We will make noise in the NCAA’s. There have been and will continue to be a lot of games like this in the BT among nearly every team. Iowa’s efforts, the performance of our backups, our overall defense, were examples of big time basketball. Tonight, Illinois played really well, just a whisker better than Iowa. Tough stretch ahead for the Hawks, but we will be fine. Don’t like the team, quit watching. And, no personal bashes against our players.

Luka might have played his worst game in two years tonight.
and yet, he still has the best box on the team. Tells you all you need to know about how far they can go with 1 great player, 1 good player (Jo Weis) and the rest bouncing around between role and above average on any given night.

Again, this is not a sweet 16 team with such bad defense, low athleticism, and only 2 or 3 guys producing. Need CJ back and JoBo to get his shit together for the final 6 weeks of his basketball career.

and yet, he still has the best box on the team. Tells you all you need to know about how far they can go with 1 great player, 1 good player (Jo Weis) and the rest bouncing around between role and above average on any given night.

Again, this is not a sweet 16 team with such bad defense, low athleticism, and only 2 or 3 guys producing. Need CJ back and JoBo to get his shit together for the final 6 weeks of his basketball career.
Three rebounds. Ouch.

I really admired the level of play by both teams. It was a great game to watch, except the end, of course. I have not read any of the posts on this thread and I will not submit myself to the likely barrage of nonsense by the usual suspects. I still think Iowa has a good shot to win the conference. I also in no way believe they are not a top 10, or better, team. We will make noise in the NCAA’s. There have been and will continue to be a lot of games like this in the BT among nearly every team. Iowa’s efforts, the performance of our backups, our overall defense, were examples of big time basketball. Tonight, Illinois played really well, just a whisker better than Iowa. Tough stretch ahead for the Hawks, but we will be fine. Don’t like the team, quit watching. And, no personal bashes against our players.
Yep.

Just have to make the ones we got...at least 2 of the misses were front end of one and one.
If both teams shoot their season percentage from the line we score 2 more points and they score 2 less. No fouling. Who knows. That’s all it takes when 2 of the best teams in the country are playing.