***Official Outback Bowl Game Thread***

I'm feeling feisty cause i'm heavily into the cheladas, we got an lsu fan puffin his chest out on hawkeyenation which makes no sense to me, and deanvogs is sucking up to him.

Really Im just pizzed cause we lost. lsu deserved the win, they are clearly better, but i still hate losing.

Since when haven't I gone at really negative posters? I'm not sucking up to anyone, I just hate the nonstop over the 24/7, b!tch about everything negativity. ONce again if you think that applies to you, that is on you....has nothing to do with some ISU or LSU poster??

Since when haven't I gone at really negative posters? I'm not sucking up to anyone, I just hate the nonstop over the 24/7, b!tch about everything negativity. ONce again if you think that applies to you, that is on you....has nothing to do with some ISU or LSU poster??

For a guy who hates ********, you sure do plenty of it.

Now leave me alone. I'm drunk and pizzed.

I'm not from Louisiana. Guess you missed the quoted edit, huh?
Ok, I'll spell it out for you. See the little picture on the left? The cheater is holding his left leg. See the picture on the right? now the medical personel are attending to his right leg.

You and STillbuster are like those Moms at a high school game that are asking why are we running up the middle when the outside is open after a 1 yard gain.... Seriously, why do you think we were getting some completions on play action. Did you guys ever play the game. Do you think Weisman pounding on them those first 15 is why we were moving the ball inthe fourth and they had to fake injuries...

Wrong. Not saying run to outside. In fact, the stretch to Weisman (or Bullock) -- to the short side, no less -- is one of the most frequently run plays despite it usually being poorly timed, poorly executed and least productive. I'm cool with the HH pounding between the tackles but when the holes aren't there for long, you need more speed to hit them -- see Canzeri. I'm also a proponent of hitting it hard on those 3rd / 1's rather than the cluster fvck hurry-up sneak that results in as many false starts or punts as it does first downs. Finally, there also comes a time when you simply have to stop pounding for the hope of it bearing fruit in the 4th and actually play to score some points as the situations present themselves -- i.e. the numerous short fields after momentum-seizing turnovers by the D, only to be squandered by [take your pick] from above. Gerg's version of the play-action you reference is a simple 5-yard out, not attack the middle of field with your WR / TE waggle or flood the post.

Again, I'll accept your strategical theory but call you on poor implementation relative to personnel and situational timing.

Go, Greg! Keep making those "strides".

Those who think we need to change.. or we suck... or fire are OC and went to scorched earth after LSU's first drive... RELAX...

We over achieved this year and made strides. We beat teams we were supposed to and played very good teams tough. Now we need to make strides again this offseason. If someone one would have told you we would be 8-4 and in the Outback bowl against the 16th ranked team in the country and the only team to beat the SEC Champion that's playing the National Championship game and we would have the ball on their 20 with 5 minutes left down by 7... With this years schedule... Seriously, take a reality check.

This. Really. While I was hoping for a win, I was expecting a loss. We were unranked. LSU was in the top 20? I didn't think we'd win but it didn't stop me from hoping.. But the game wasn't a blow out. LSU played crappy and so did we.

I'll tell you one thing...I better not ever see anyone write out that Ferentz doesn't ever show emotion! JC! He was pissed many times in this game!

This. Really. While I was hoping for a win, I was expecting a loss. We were unranked. LSU was in the top 20? I didn't think we'd win but it didn't stop me from hoping.. But the game wasn't a blow out. LSU played crappy and so did we.

I'll tell you one thing...I better not ever see anyone write out that Ferentz doesn't ever show emotion! JC! He was pissed many times in this game!

Don't think I have ever seen him so animated with good cause....

:rolleyes:

Wow. You need to stop here before you dig the hole you're in any deeper. Weisman got pounded, but did little pounding.

He is a fullback period. Iowa would be wise to use him there next year.

LOl... So it would have been a different game if we would have played one tailback... Our game plan was pretty close to spot on and we had a chance with 5 minutes left to tie it from inside their 25. We wiffed on 4th and short... Maybe Weisman should have had one more carry.

Latest posts