***Official Outback Bowl Game Thread***

it was a good game plan. Take it to a trench battle and hope your close at the end. Only chance against more talent. Only turnovers were on 3rd and long and 4th and both didn't hurt us but helped in field position. The muffed punt hurt as did the missed FG. I replayed their last drive and morris and hitchens were mugged on the two long runs.... This was a very good game plan against superior talent, although they were pathetic with their fainting injuries... Oh and the fast pace was gameplanning...

Except for the fact that it wasn't working (OL was completely dominated / overwhelmed the entire 1st half) yet continued to be forced with your least effective running back (Weisman) instead of your quickest / most productive RB (Canzeri) who could hit the small holes more quickly before they closed. If you're going to force the run against a fast closing D with your only goal "to keep it close", you at least give your self a fighting chance to eek out something from the slivers of openings and hope something breaks once in a while.

Maybe an acceptable plan, but bad personnel management, which is the recurring theme under Gerg's dogma.

I'm feeling feisty cause i'm heavily into the cheladas, we got an lsu fan puffin his chest out on hawkeyenation which makes no sense to me, and deanvogs is sucking up to him.

Really Im just pizzed cause we lost. lsu deserved the win, they are clearly better, but i still hate losing.

We need ONE physical WR that can get open and wants the ball. Imagine if we had a safety valve like that.

I know LSU has more speed and talent. But our offense was just non-existent. A pick and a KR set up our TDs. But at what point do you have to lean on yourselves and move the ball and score? Besides the 2 above mentioned play, the closest we got to their endzone was a 35 FG attempt.
Something has to change.

Weisman carried 18 times against this speed. I should not have to say more.

You and STillbuster are like those Moms at a high school game that are asking why are we running up the middle when the outside is open after a 1 yard gain.... Seriously, why do you think we were getting some completions on play action. Did you guys ever play the game. Do you think Weisman pounding on them those first 15 is why we were moving the ball inthe fourth and they had to fake injuries...

Those who think we need to change.. or we suck... or fire are OC and went to scorched earth after LSU's first drive... RELAX...

We over achieved this year and made strides. We beat teams we were supposed to and played very good teams tough. Now we need to make strides again this offseason. If someone one would have told you we would be 8-4 and in the Outback bowl against the 16th ranked team in the country and the only team to beat the SEC Champion that's playing the National Championship game and we would have the ball on their 20 with 5 minutes left down by 7... With this years schedule... Seriously, take a reality check.

Last edited:
You and STillbuster are like those Moms at a high school game that are asking why are we running up the middle when the outside is open after a 1 yard gain.... Seriously, why do you think we were getting some completions on play action. Did you guys ever play the game. Do you think Weisman pounding on them those first 15 is why we were moving the ball inthe fourth and they had to fake injuries...

He averaged 2.1 yards per carry. He needs some momentum to really pound on people, and he rarely managed to get any because he was getting hit. Weisman got pounded, not the LSU defense. The short yardage play action didn't require Weisman to have any success at all. Giving the ball to a big back in short yardage is pretty standard, so play action was going to be effective in those situations most of the time.

But Weisman had little impact outside of those situations.

Wow. You need to stop here before you dig the hole you're in any deeper. Weisman got pounded, but did little pounding.

He is a fullback period. Iowa would be wise to use him there next year.

There is so much cheating in the SEC, your puny brain failed to notice, no worries, anyone with a sense of integrity knows the difference......

Wake up, fool.....

The biggest of which is the oversigning of recruits. This needs to change. Tis is college football, not the pros.

There is so much cheating in the SEC, your puny brain failed to notice, no worries, anyone with a sense of integrity knows the difference......

Wake up, fool.....
Bc7JwV4CMAEDm2A.jpg

Latest posts