**Official "Let's get this season started" Game Thread**

I wish I knew enough about Utah State to pass the performance of our offensive skills players as early game jitters and a solid defense they're playing against, but given Iowa's history on offense I'm not convinced the offense is anything to speak of, yet.
Definitely hard to gauge other than the ISU game is going to be a grind.

This d-line is sooo deep. Allen is like the 11th guy and he is an absolute stud.

what we’ve learned is the OL is still atrocious!!!

Pass protection is acceptable. Vastly improved. Granted, their opponent is no contender. But they only got pressure on McNamara two or three times. So..who knows.

The fact that they can't generate anything for the runningbacks is depressing.

He has a gun and i like to see us throw downfield more. Nice pass on the out pattern.... Great to see someone other than the #1 play in a game.

I will never understand why in a situation like that that a QB wouldn’t just throw the ball up for grabs when there is nothing to lose at this point.

Once again, the D doesn’t allow a TD
Yeah, like I said later in the game it appeared Parker was playing a loose conservative defense, but when USU was showing signs of life, you could see Parker clamping down on USU’s offense.

Is the 25 points per game an average?
If so, next week he'll need 27?

Just pull the band aid off. This wound ain't gonna heal.

Pass protection is acceptable. Vastly improved. Granted, their opponent is no contender. But they only got pressure on McNamara two or three times. So..who knows.

The fact that they can't generate anything for the runningbacks is depressing.

my thought exactly

Is the 25 points per game an average?
If so, next week he'll need 27?

Just pull the band aid off. This wound ain't gonna heal.
Next week should be significantly tougher even with the loss of ISU players due to gambling infractions. A loss would not surprise me.