**OFFICIAL KANSAS CITY ROYALS SEASON THREAD**

KC needs to get it figured out. They have solid players. Infante was a great add he had a solid year in Detroit. Best catcher in the league. Best bullpen.

What is the problem?
Hitting. Butler has more strikeouts than hits. Thats no bueno especially coming from yer DH who is also the cleanup hitter...

As a Sox fan, I hate the Royals....they have been kicking our butt lately. But, I admit they have a nice team, which they should after decades of high picks in the draft. Sox are not dead yet, but they looked like it this past weekend vs the Royals.

They said on the telecast that this is the latest that the Royals have been in first place since 1980. Great to see. If they continue to score a decent amount of runs then they have to be in the discussion due to the entire pitching staff.

They said on the telecast that this is the latest that the Royals have been in first place since 1980. Great to see. If they continue to score a decent amount of runs then they have to be in the discussion due to the entire pitching staff.

I heard that as well....however it is not accurate ... At least not the way they stated it. They were in the playoffs in 1984 and won the World Series in 1985. Those were years where there was no wild card. So they had to be in first at the end of the season, obviously. They have also had a couple other years where they flirted with first since then and one around 2003 where they held a slim lead on the white sox late in the summer, but let it slip away.

Let's just hope they can keep it going. We are actually heading down there this Friday. Gotta love buck night.

BUMP for 2 game lead and 15 over .500. I have been afraid to post anything all summer while they started to play better. So if they now go on a skid and fall out of 1st or even the 2nd wild card, I will blame myself, self medicate on drugs, lose my wife and kids, and die homeless and penniless.

First team in MLB history to make playoffs while finishing last in HR and walks. So there is that.

The wait is over. I was 14 when they were last in the playoffs.

I'm not a fan but live in KC so I better watch some..although they don't deserve to win after pulling whatever that base running thing was in the bottom of the first..Yikes. Yost better hope that they win or if they do lose it's more than a run or two cause that was a HUGE missed opportunity with two runners on and Gordon at the plate.

Im a Twins fan and always pull for KC to lose..but tonight I'm pulling for them. I have to admit...if they could have another I70 series with the Cardinals it would be awesome and I would be all in.